John Metz UH DK SL

you are only limited to shift alt and ctrl for choice

ok got it thanksā€¦

Hey! great macros, ive been using them to level up since the prepatch dropped and havent had any issues yet! but checking this one out i noticed that the talents arent right when i upload it to the gse. it says 1,2,3,3,3,1,3. but that cant be right since the second one would have to be 3, which is unholy blight.

thanks in advance!

Seems both SHIFT and ALT modifiers have stopped working recently.

I am using all 3 of your DK spec macros and Blood and Frost still work for me.

UH modifiers were working for me, I mostly play Blood so only just noticed this today.

hmm i just tested and still works, not much i could offer yet except check key binds incase they changed or slow down the ms speed you use the macro to around 100, also UH because the way its set up because how Apoc seems to misbehave in Live build for some reason the it may be slightly les responsive than frost or Blood so just have to hold it down longer to get it to function, if that is the case perhaps speed up the MS rate can improve this . I plan to test my original code once SL is live to see if whatever i had set up in beta works in live, if so it will improve response time for mod keys heaps for UH

I have tried what you mentioned. Even when holding shift for a long time it doesnā€™t work. Very strange as shift works in frost and blood so I didnā€™t think it was a problem with my key bindings. I have had this working and used UH for a solid day, Iā€™m very confused as to why its stopped for me, thanks for assuring me the macro is still fine though, thatā€™s one thing to count out. I mainly use Blood as mentioned so think ill just wait and see if this rectifies its self or if a future update sorts it. Thanks for your help

UPDATE: it works now finally.
what does you ask the castsequence UA-Apoc in live,

so i have reverted the sequence to what i was using in Beta, what that means is UA and apoc should fire more reliably now (hope it works for everyone else)

I also changed the Alt mod of death coil to be Epidemic so can use that for on demand Aoe use. if you prefer you can swap it with Death coil in the main sequence but understand it will use it on single target fights also.

please let me know if apoc is firing as this was causing sleepless nights to get working :slight_smile:

du0cmaalvPDrrI(LKmmjCmHAzI4ziPPrqxJQ2Mq6BuIXPKZPkwhsLENQs5EQkvdePchuiQfIuLhkeXerQQlIurBusjFuisgjfP6KuK0kLuQ6LQkmtjf3KIQDsHFkPumukklvvrpfXuLORQQK2QQs8vjLsVfjUlszVK(RqKAWGomKftLhRyYO6YsTzO(mfXOPuonHETKQzRQ62I0UvQFly4uQoUqy5O8CrnDvUob2ofj8Dks58usRxsPY8jA)aRXAPAeRKVA6KAI0pMYc1irlvsj6V3xwjXjuPsnMQsm1jSvIsISGZwGPKAFW2ganVVANsIue68lnllg2Qrs0eHkXC0wa63u3xZmf9(edBLEkX07F7kHorJnaSe5aqEVdxNbqtZM4ydaJKGPO39(EbWsKdaJbqdrtSDayTq9lawICja4hwzIO9lawICaiva8l9(SzL9cGLihakean6Hf(dmEwj0VXib)NAeRe6CJdSPJKqQD0HCI)INvLEk5liMiY93zTupLqS3JPsF1iXNOKABJQhzbmuwl1tjMJgw4lnllg2zTunI1s1iwjYbJ5CecJRgu(Kmauoy8A5CCUCWyVFgVNYoKg40Kmauoy8A5CCo9B0zdaJKG4VKjzQrIsKdgZ5iegxnO8jzaOCW41Y54C5GXE)mEpLDinWPjzaOCW41Y548VUTf(TcG07x0eBNKjzQbvLihmMZrimUAq5tYaq5GXRLZX5YbJxlNJZLdg79Z49u2b799oHuh6OjzaOCW41Y548prI5gaPFJ4sMK9nauoy8A5CCUCW41Y54C6Jy1bWsgANXbwk6edBjtYKm1qOsKdgZ5iegxnO8L7ie07PLmauoyS3Z5Zihm27NX7PSdPbonaK15(((esDOdaLmjdaLdgVwohNlhmETCooV2i4CSgvxYKSxauoy8A5CCUCW41Y54CYeeWmPbqYXeR3sMK9cGYbJxlNJZLdgVwohNtMGaMjnasoMy9wYKSxauoy8A5CCUCW41Y54CYeeWmPbqYXeR3sMK9cGYbJxlNJZLdgVwohNtMGaMjnasoMy9wYKSxauoy8A5CCUCW41Y54CYeeWmPbqYXeR3sMK9cGYbJxlNJZLdgVwohNtcc(bWpBK9MjzsMA4vICWyohHW4QbLpjdaLdgVwohNlhm27NX7Pqh2)rwBgnaKYoKg40Kmauoy8A5CCo9B0zdarBoas)EqwLmjtj1ec2Rrmv8uIqLuYe317lwDkX0BexDkXON6Qtj0R)p1PKpf3MeRoLywiFMJgwql1tjF0w)S)BuU1s1iwjYbJ5CecJLdgZ5iegxDiMj917o1QKjzaiLDWgILsJcVrCA6PKsM4UEFjQtjFkUnjrDkHCT9AjypNyyReshHGEFIOFLygRnhnSGwQgXkroymNJqyC1GYNKbGYbJxlNJZLdgVwohN)PGDdGKJjwVLmjtpL8rB1mwNZAPAeRe5GXCocHXvdkF5ocb9EAjdaLdg79C(mYbJ9(z8EkPboDZ2eXhnjtYaq5GXRLZX5YbJxlNJZ)62w43kag5Cgj4)Kmj7faLdgVwohNlhmETCoopY2dd63Q9ClzsMAKOe5GXCocHXvdkFsgakhmETCooxoyS3pJ3tjnWPl6)OjzaOCW41Y54C60UiVtfhjtY0tp1irlvJyLunO8bGeBOP(FdGNTga)620cSZMv1irjvdkFaOqlEHXQbvLunO8bGXX(N1JAiujvdkFaiLDWEFVti1HoAaOWO(L)BayuQ(OfQHxjvdkF5ocb9EAaKYoKg40aqwN777ti1HoaeaTyXBX)cGEFXtXla69fpfVaO3x8u8cGEFXtXla69fpfVaivHutEeQgrvs1GYhasHoS)JS2mAaOqQjr9kXSq(mhnSGwQNsQjeSxJyQ4PeHk5J26N9FJYTwQgXkP6qmt6R3DQvaKYoydXsPrH3ion9uc5A71sWEoXWwjKocb9(er)kPKjUR3xSspL8rB1mwNZAPAeRKQbLVChHGEpnasjnWPB2Mi(ObGjfwswpVayIfF0Nh1irjvdkFaiL0aNUO)JgaMuyHASf9uIzS2C0WcAPAeRKQbLpaKAC0eQp6PKsM4UEFjQtp1GQwQgXkPAq5dajMgILkUnbanxmFQrIsQgu(aqHw8cJvdQkPAq5daJJ9pRh1qOsQgu(aqk7G9(ENqQdD0aqHr9l)3aWOu9rludVsQgu(YDec690aiLDinWPbGSo333NqQdDaiaAXI3I)fa9(INIxa07lEkEbqVV4P4fa9(INIxa07lEkEbqQcPM8iunIQKQbLpaKcDy)hzTz0aqHutI6vsjtCxVVyLEkPMqWEnIPINseQeZc5ZC0WcAPEkPKjUR3xI6uYhT1p7)gLBTunIvs1HyM0xV7uRaiLDWgILsJcVrCA6PeY12RLG9CIHTsiDec69jI(vIzS2C0WcAPAeRKQbLpaKAC0eQp6PKpARMX6CwlvJyLunO8L7ie07PbqkPboDZ2eXhnamPWsY65fatS4J(8OgjkPAq5daPKg40f9F0aWKcluJTONEQHqTunIvs1GYhagzxivCJoXWgaRrm1PgjkPAq5dafAXlmwnOQKQbLpamo2)SEudHkPAq5daPSd277DcPo0rdafg1V8FdaJs1hTqn8kPAq5l3riO3tdGu2H0aNgaY6CFFFcPo0bGaOflEl(xa07lEkEbqVV4P4fa9(INIxa07lEkEbqVV4P4faPkKAYJq1iQsQgu(aqk0H9FK1MrdafsnjQxjMfYN5OHf0s9usnHG9AetfpLiujF0w)S)BuU1s1iwjvhIzsF9UtTcGu2bBiwknk8gXPPNsixBVwc2Zjg2kH0riO3Ni6xjLmXD9(Iv6PKpARMX6CwlvJyLunO8L7ie07PbqkPboDZ2eXhnamPWsY65fatS4J(8OgjkPAq5daPKg40f9F0aWKcluJTONsmJ1MJgwqlvJyLunO8bGuJJMq9rpLuYe317lrD6PNE6Pk
2 Likes

Its working great, thanks :smiley:

Yes this works quite well, Thanks John!

how the dps ? just to know as i see many using to be high and cant even pass 3,5 k that strange no ?
my ilvl 126, haste 28% , mastery 83%, crit 21% maybe something im doing wrong ???

Iā€™m curious as well, as Iā€™m barely hitting 1.5-2k on ST and around 2.5k aoe myself in M+. :roll_eyes:
Unbuffed stats rounded down:
ilvl 120, haste 24%, crit 21.7%, mast 52%.

(Could be higher, but main is blood dk, so that build now has 125 ilvl gear. (was 126, but shredded wrong piece) :unamused:

ps. Iā€™m always checking and updating accordingly my gear with MrRobot.
pps. Just tested on the Raiding dummy in Boralus (single target, unbuffed):
(without UA and Apoc) only 1.4 to 1.6k dps.
(with UA and Apoc) only 1.8k - 1.9k dps.

ppps. changed first line of the sequence to
/castsequence [nomod] Death Coil, Epidemic, Death Coil
and added 2 lines to the end of the sequence
/cast [mod:shift] Unholy Assault
/cast [mod:shift] Apocalypse,
as that seems to give me the highest dpsā€¦and shift doesnā€™t want to behave in unholy (while it works fine in blood spec.) ?

ok have you tried my revision of the mod for UA - apoc, ?
also what speed/ms youā€™re running? as this can also affect its cast reliability

for accurate improvement what needs to be done is to anilyze both your combat details and compare with the sim averages, for example in a 3 min window how many scourge strikes were used in both, and note any variances, this will zero in where an issue lies.

something seems off as i can get close to those numbers on one of my DKs thst is only i level 107

Hello, just a hint, you should either use Death Coil for single target or Epidemic for AOE, but not together in one macro.

Was running 50ms with my macro key, now changed to 70ms and guess whatā€¦ Both of your sequences seem to work now, even apoc fires when pressing the shift key.
Though the damage is now (unbuffed) still 1.9-2k according to !details.
So a little higher than before, but nontheless, itā€™s higher.

@mma
I know m8, btw. tnx for the hint. But as I stated in the text. That combi of AOE and ST spells on a ST (raiding dummy) gave me higher dps for some reason.
But thatā€™s in the past, as Iā€™m using the OPā€™s sequences again for new testing with my new settings.

Couple of things. Your Mastery is pretty low for Unholy. Since Prepatch Mastery is now our best stat. Try to shoot for 80+%. Vial of Animated Blood from Underrot is now one of our best trinkets. I have 85% Mastery and I can hit 5k dps on single target training dummy. This is popping everything. (Army, Dark Transformation, Pop Potion of unbridled fury, Pop Vial of Animated Blood). I also manually put at least 4 Festering wounds on the target then Apoc. I then Use the Macro.

Between this macro and MMAs Macro they are pretty close with MMAs macro pulling ahead slightly.

The lower the MS is set, the more is skipped. 100 MS is the sweet spot for me. You execute the cooldowns as soon as they are ready but you dont skip to much of the regular stuff. Please note that target dummys could have other targets around and thats the reason epidemic will do more damage.

I suspected speed was the issue, slowing down from 50 was a smart move, ideally all my melee macros should be no faster than 70, in fact 70 is what i create them at initially. there are only 2 of my macros id run faster than 70 and i use them at 50, they are Havok DH and Fury War, most the caster classes i run at 100.

why my macros differ is because all of the core rotation abilities are often contained in a castsequence which locks it into a fixed firing order regardless of macro speed. and what is placed outside that are abilities that are on large cooldowns, or mods for procs, or are limited to resources (will be skipped until it can be used, so all speed does for me is determine how reliable they fire when needed. so for example the maxim macro speed would be so it fires a death coil the instant i has enough rp any fster is a waste. slowing down the MS creates a delay to the ā€œreaction timeā€ of deathcoil so it may build rp slightly. thats a crude example to go into detail just turns into a wall of text :slight_smile:

1 Like

what the hell is rune strike for a spell i cant find it ?

I dont think its a spell anymore.

Rune Strike is only used during the initial Death Knight leveling experience. Rune Strike will be replaced with [Festering Strike], [Heart Strike], or [Howling Blast] when a specialization has been chosen.

Source