John Metz UH DK SL

So there any shift for AOE or just ST ??

as i have already stated:
“I also changed the Alt mod of death coil to be Epidemic so can use that for on demand Aoe use. if you prefer you can swap it with Death coil in the main sequence but understand it will use it on single target fights also.”

Any other talents that good to us with this ?

only the last row is mandatory really. i am using UHB lately and can switch to all will serve if you wish

what talents are used generally?

what i have in set the macro

Hi everyone. I have the feeling that all of the Unholy Macros are way too fast. If I check rotation with hekili on puppet it’s not that many keys you have to press per minute. Maybe this is a starting point for a different approach.

With Hekili I end up constant arround 2.8 -3.0k DMG with 181 iLVL.

yes and no i use the speed as a means to mitigate macro lines in GSE, i cant speak for other creators. and even then i only stipulate what im using which you a free to chose.

This is something i have been playing with as well. trying to figure out a way with the macro itself to delay or slow down some of the casts without changing my ahk everytime i switch specs.

if your macro is just a shopping list of abilities you can use the /click pause command to custoise time between swings.

but my macros aren’t designed like that. mine are more mathed out sort of like i count every cast line in a macro, divide the time of a global cool down by that number then halve it again. for a starting MS. the goal is basically the speed i want to run a macro at, is fast enough that it could attempt every single line within that global. note there is way more to it but i cant be assed explaining lol, but its also why i try to keep my macros as small as possible for ease of tuning and smooth operation.

1 Like

Oh that is interesting. I will have to play with that. I am pretty new to sharing my macros, but i have been adjusting macros for my wife and I to use for awhile.

Thank you for sharing that information. :smiley:

Ok so i’ve been looking into things and testing after i did some raids and i noticed i was matching my sims. so i spent some hours and coffee credit to look into this as it felt too good to be true

thats is a fight overview on a target dummy with a 170 ilevel dk with no leggo or conduit no buffs etc just for comparison red is sims blue is macro.

some more numbers this is taken from another run where I surpassed the average sim of 1993 but still fell within the maximum sim window so still on par with sim

but in general terms they either match or are close as far as ability damage over fight. note that just counting melee of the DK puts it in the same spot as the sim as it should, as many come to me about it using Details as a source but Details combines all melee from logs and is why i’ve moved away for more accurate data. why the fuck i have to put this detail into am macro is beyond me just tired of the bitching i suppose.

Anyway there are differences in the above run I removed DnD and Soul reaping because some insisted me its a dps loss, i can tell you with the data i have (not completly shown here) it makes ZERO difference in a ST situation on average. if you see there even the sims use Soul Reaping as i do. and the runes saved from both used on SS or FS instead on paper do less. so there you go.
both the sim and maco used made 59-60 auto attacks in that 3 min window.

where the macro lacks and is the major difference, but is also the main issue with DKs Rune system.
is that SS usage is way up and FS is like half of what it is compared to the sims. but in overall terms of performance the macro is on par with my sims so im reluctant to fiddle with this too much but if thre is something to improve that will be it.

4 Likes

I can understand the frustration, John. I see it all over the boards here - someone makes a macro and shares it with everyone and they get bombarded with requests and posts about why isn’t it working well and etc. I do appreciate your hard work and I’ve used your macros for as long as I can remember. When I see a macro posted by you I know I can count on it being good work. Just want you to realize there are many of us that really appreciate all you and the other macro makers do for us here.

1 Like

its more a case of expectation vs reality,

Hei John,
tried many makros here now, but yours are really good and had pushed my dk near the sims i made.
There will everytime some people who have something to say negativeoly, nut the point is, you make super work and its a makro, not more, but it wqorks very well, so take on your good work and stay positive, i will use your makros everytime u push an update :slight_smile:

is the OP the current version? And ty for your hard work!

I believe it is as i haven’t needed to change it since the UH assault+Apoc started working as per beta

1 Like

Yea this is a real nice share, thank you very much.

Have you by any odd chance tried other Unholy macros people shared here? If so, how do they compare to your testing? Just hit level 50 on my Death Knight and I’m hoping to crush mobs and enemies in open world pvp as I level to 60.

Thanks a bunch!

On paper, this macro should top all others. But for some reason it doesnt do very well for me in actual game. I believe GSE is still a little buggy in areas and its holding this macro back alot. Please keep at it john. I enjoy your work

1 Like

May you please share with me what your top favorite are? or best performers? Curious if i test it out how the result’s would be.