John Metz UH DK SL

what ms are you running it at?

I run all DK macros at 100ms. MMA’s raid macros have done the best dps for me so far.

Ok so first thing to answer is yeah i always check out others macros when tuning mine as ill sometimes see a way to do things that either i never consider or previously thought would not work.
comparing UH dk macros specifically FOR ME ON MY DK, just being specific not shouting :stuck_out_tongue:
my macro performs better than the others i,ve tested, thats not trying to prove one is better than other, and its not a competition. just that naturally my own macro made for my DK and tuned to My DK naturally runs the best,
and its always best to try them all for yourself and choose what works best for you,
note also there are other things inside and outside the macro use I do to get better performance.

like i have moved Aboms limb to a ctrl modifier so i can save for burst moments or line it up with Apoc,
i have a weak aura that plays a loud and annoying sound and puts a bid X in the middle of the screen if im using the macro and not in range to use scourge strike. buy making sure this didn’t go off i increased my target uptime and noticed how many mobs have deceptively small hitboxes,

i also stuck with the talents i designed the macro around, instead of changing them to what some webpage that does not take macros into account functions, (yes taking all will serve can be a dps loss with this macro though minor)

there are so many variables to factor it showed this to a firend we both ran DKs in a raid im sitting at 182 i level they at 211, both using macros im using mine they using another popular one, I performed much better but by the end it was close. but macros might not have been the difference at all. target damage uptime, positioning, higher item level but poorly optimized stats, legendary, trinkets whatever. you cant just blame the macro for the difference.

TLDR just try them pick one you like and go with that, if another works better for you that’s great!

1 Like

Um
 Can I use 2333221 Talents?

ugh use whatever you want, just don’t complain performance is down :stuck_out_tongue:

@John-Metz hey john got a real quick question for you on the talents you have 1233313 and in the macro you have unholy blight as one of the spells, this is the question isn’t unholy blight a talent and if so shouldn’t the talents be 1333313 or should it be the way you have it asking this because the spell shows up white in the macro and if I’m not mistaken it should be showing up in blue letters
other than that you’ve gone and made another great macro

its fine, it the talent is not selected it will show up white and the macro will ignore it

Ty I kind of thought it was that but just wanted to make sure ty for answering up so quickly knowing that you have to work and all
 ewwww did I just say a dirty word for a retired person which I am lol

Can you send the wa for the range check? Tried to do one, but I don’t get it to dissappear if target is in range xD

this is hte WA string

!WA:2!1szZQnYrqay5ydlmxcRoyCiKScNGXM41ETxSdobdRg5rXAr)TJK9MdgK6zMAMPxpQ7jD3J)jhfeyZv9iOa5uoPNGGFcAm5bi4hH9fiP6zS9UEjxtdcvtxv1vxFDv1C1lpQCq5G3(K3PGluzc41csAlEa4wRz1wDNQ4(NbcjLZwAUbtUMKPI5IoPkCdPL4IoHHsqD4FwV0cLW1Sqbze0tjikY8EJOcbxelUSWQFBQaIq)6FzkiUnAU(8eU4LZp)8Dx4zB8T7mXlbyb5X3UPt7dMry(ya7YPmLxnN29DCTt4KG6EkcAPAr3rzjkQLTmf8xux2Y1pHiLgjBj9NbJWuFolGE7nM4NlSRRureQvCL8mwq631GPariXhoPAqaQ)KxdKtRMjiYt6Yphe5ITGak5KEgpKN4tuBVbpkACaFq(Hm0MYOklVq8pzS1yLGgfHO7lxrCR4B)SRYKWaFIuzyq8nMViEsUWZKXdNy(gtKKKH3iZ8GZWeSRacPx42RRtZMUmeUsRcfY0pVwNw2v7pOzNFyGZXiBgCu76nAIiY5GPbGxwyyoQp0Pz36h1CS50ZWR4Wj5XOnEy30ZNNjIGk4tg9uyCaMMg(uEl3CB0R75Njv8rP)syglhDRUMvfCrdxTHSNXMgmxclcwD5hEwlVELLrehbQLxRY(7x5zRvrfdSCNnlbGV)SkkrgKVhKiHpwzi5UnXIcl839yPhMC0lUAqTQ96pOE1gnDoywXnDGcZzp81vLjTnY6nDZDXUgY9CKJpxcFWK)XImwHsSWMF9983OB44CXgbsRpWRJma01pg8p1llnGOG7IBmflAv0rqW03BQxAc5sqyB4UU2Km2TLclQ38)nK(bu7)GPVh4fiDf9t(D9o6D1BP3w)0YBP3DAn(ipIQstEK(R0FT(7hQ3FOEpDvTTUM(B0RRDSsFSPr6mOFr6ykF)JsAR09EqJuNh0iv0(0VOX30aX8HKNsXUZnurK3rnEYijhxmU5vyjSeFeXcsiEcHrhLxzUREPJ174LINaOgdejyQXTzCgOBnZdBe9HdaFYLxz0HCdyrQ4hD9Dv25LhcjyMjiThrOS6y23r7Q7PF1J0TrXV4J3zzAGBB48kpFIescZNfP)uxssAmz(3vmGQUzUN5M41RMRJt70hhqL(iYHbcUkpYZTDgny2A)0B6VDJwh7K(YX3RX9CAGk(Wx8RB§DPsFIxmqJIv43vk9IsLwWl3qy4mklKlk4WIPlrJyCbC7SyhtvSJzERCOhMCH0iRYs3NVXwBSx5Z(RF8Fd

The macro (in this case for Necrolords) is working so good for me, at least in multitarget. However, i have noticed that almost no Festering Strikes are casted, being Festering Wounds one of the most dps resources in ST fights (specially raid bosses) would be better to make it cast more times, or just would be better do change the macro?

hmm its hard to gauge, as i only have my DKs to go with, and its doing it more than enough so any changes i make my end may or may not do anything for you.

However i will ask, are you using my talents as i have specified or have have you changed them to the “meta” most importantly, have you taken all will serve, because if you have that will be part of the reason you are lacking stacks of festering,

you could also tune the loop limit value to increase /decrease the frequency of festering strike to suit your needs. just be careful you may also run the risk of rune starving yourself for a net dps loss

Is the macro in the main post the most up to date?

yeah November 9 was the last update that it needed changing

The string doesn’t work.

as a weak aura or macro?

Sorry the WeakAura, that you linked.

John, this has been asked several time already but there was never a direct answer.

Your macro asks for the talents 1233313 but the spells used point to the talents for 1333313. Did you make a typo or are we to choose Ebon Fever (2) over Unholy Blight (3)?

ive been playing around with this macro a little bit , from what i notice, i only cast festering strike one time at the start of combat, usually get 3 stacks then goes to scourge strike nonstop, never recasting festering again during combat, also at combat start it doesnt allow the gain of 4 stacks of festering minimum to be able to use apoc efficiently, and sometimes at combat start, character goes straight to scourge strike without changing

the macro uses either option it does not matter personally im using UH blight