John Q.'s Award Winning PVE/PVP Macro

It will switch automatically for you. However, now that new master race (Void Elves) is here; this macro will be getting updated…Preternatural Calm, EE, and all that. >:)

I can barely contain myself as I think about what I am going to do to every teenaged punk warrior in BGs.

Looking great, cant wait to try it out on a V-Elf once I get the needed grind over with, ugh, why??? Anyhoo, back on track. Is this macro a spam the key and wait for channels to finish or can I auto-repeat it?

It will run as long as you are pressing the button; it also applies your DoTs to new targets.

Awesome, thank’s for the quick reply. Gonna go grind some more rep then so I can get me that smexy V-Elfy.

does one cycle then locks, even using CTRL just fires drainsoul but nothing else, using logitec G402 80ms - have no problems with eithr Monk or DK macro…

Are you using the talents that I outlined in the OP? If so, raise your ms setting to 90-100.

i am a noob but you say use the talents that are in my OP but what is OP… and how do you switch versions for like pvp or raiding…

i have good hopes for this macro but i am new to this…

sorry if the questions are stupid but i just don’t know

OP = original post.

When you write /gs all the macros come up. after that you choose the macro you want to “edit”. after edit you go on the “pages” = 1,2,3,4 and so on. you choose one and scroll to the bottom. there you should see what you want to choose. pvp/raiding.

hope it helps :smiley:

OP - Original Post
Talents: 2231112
PVP Talents: 223112

when you enable PvP, it will use the macro in tab 3

when you play in a party / solo it will use macro 1

raiding / mythic / dungeons macro 2

@John Q
If you can tweak it to run without Siphon Life and still not use agony and corruption too often that would be nice, 970 void elf, had to try how they are compared to my beloved gnome.

oke thanks so it will automaticly enable the correct version so if i go into bg it will automaticly use macro 3 if i understand correct :smiley:

thanks for the very fast response!

@Tom Boesvald, As Leif said you can go to all the tabs and remove “Siphon Life”.

@ Leif Prehn The macro is designed to run Agony and Corruption on each new target. Like Siphon Life above, if you want to see less of them, just remove them in all three tabs.

Can you tell me where to find the OP? also what does CTRL do?

OP = Original Post

Holding down CTRL while spamming the macro = casts Drain Soul

John, a question for you.

I change talents (alot) in Throne when raiding, based on these tempaltes in this link. I don’t see any real issue doing that and using your macro, but wanted a second set of eyes if you could take a look?

Thanks

@Solan1 As long as you have Siphon Life specced; everything else should be fine. Not having SL talented will cause the macro to jam.

K thanks, appreciate it.

What DPS are you guys getting with this macro? any high parses?

So after using this in a raid…after siphon life drops off It takes a while for it to be put back on the target, in most cases you will have to do this manually.

it seems to cast
unstable affliction constantly although using ctrl (drain soul) helped counter that…but I felt when I pressed ctrl the ramp up time back to unstable took longer.

Any ways…i’m low ilvl but i’m wondering if any really geared affliction lock can parse with this macro

I did a quick run through first wing LFR Antorus

I used the macro only.
968 item level
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/aszune/Flameboyz

and the logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TFHBMzPLGVpJZqCa/

When you list PvP talents, that the same as Honor talents?

yes ^^