John's 7.3 Fury Macro

OK a slight update on the macros, I have cleaned them up a touch so charge in the opener is working more reliably.

I also have redone the aoe macro. I’ve just focused on the Lazy versions (they fire cooldown automatically) I can put the manual version back if people need them,

How I set these up my self, I use a programmable mouse for 1 I have the ST macro, 2 is execute and 3 is the Aoe macro.
all are set to 70ms but can have the execute slightly faster if you wish,

I just hold down 1 or 3 depending on fight type. when in the execute phase, I hold down 2 with either 1 or 3
which will weave in executes as needed.

Sequences['lazyfuryST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=72,
  Talents = "2333232",
  Help = [[Talents have been setup to a best case scenario as per Icy Veins]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Rampage",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Charge",
        "/cast Avatar",
        "/cast Battle Cry",
        "/cast Odyn's Fury",
        "/cast Rampage",
      },
        "/cast Battle Cry",
        "/castsequence reset=combat Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash",
        "/cast Odyn's Fury",
        "/cast Avatar",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

And the Aoe

Sequences['lazyfuryAOE'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=72,
  Talents = "2333232",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Rampage",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Charge",
        "/cast Avatar",
        "/cast Battle Cry",
        "/cast Odyn's Fury",
        "/cast Rampage",
      },
        "/cast Battle Cry",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Bloodthirst, Whirlwind",
        "/cast Odyn's Fury",
        "/cast Avatar",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hey John, i want to thank you for this macro! I am using a modified WA for using Rampage (still needs practice) and got about 93% of the Simcraf Results.

(Simcraft Single Target, elite, 600s : 424k dps with execute, buffood and rune. I used Tankdummy as Target…idk why excute still gets simmulatet.
424k - 14% Mainhand exc. & 7% Offhand - 5k for flask, food & rune [estimate]

SimC, real : 330k
Macro : 305k after a 5 Minutes the Stupid Dummy disapeared ^^)

I am unsure how many practice it will need to dont miss rampage + bossmechanics. I gona test the talents “massacre” and “carnage” out. I think they will make it easier.

If someone is interest on the WA i am using- here is the link of the original WA
https://wago.io/EyHZ9sUuW/g/Frothing%20Berserker
and here my modified version of it (i deleted some spells we dont need to trak, as a macro user)

I am using the first version (but i deleted this line, i think its a typo ?) “/cast ((no mod)) rampage” and i added a line in with “execute”.
Sometimes Bloodthirst needs 1-1,5s till it cast but this i need to test bye chaning my clickrate (actualy 48ms, worldping is 30-35ms).

Greetings

Max

Nice one thanks for the feedback.
I really should use Weak Auras at some point. why I don’t is minor as I am trying to keep my addons to a minimum this expac to keep performance of my PC up. not WA fault just my obsession to have every addon known to man installed and running :stuck_out_tongue:

as for the typo, I don’t see it, it should be
“/cast [mod:alt] Rampage”,
so I tap alt when I hit 100 rage or immediately after battle cry.

I took it for a test over the weekend in the last two wings of lfr NH trying for gear and noticed the response of the modifiers a little hit and miss. I also experienced this on my DK so not sure if it’s the addon, macro speed or something my end.

I’m interested what you do with execute, as I like Toxicdust’s method of setting the mouse to alternate two buttons, but I personally feel it’s not needed unless you have the legendary (ring I think it is)

Personally now I have it set to a button next to the macro which has a cycle rate set due to other classes using that button too so it just spams execute repeatedly. I can simply hold it down at the same time as the other macro and it executes when it can, its kinda lazy and sloppy but gets the job done

Wow, even with WA i am strugle to keep enrage up on Boss Fights, you have my respect ^^ I dont know whats a good uptime, but i had it up for 49% - 80% on Nightmare Bosses (LFR).
Howismywow graded my Cast Efficiency with 100% in almost every fight. Well, i didnt care about the mechanics, i just want test the macro. I am curious how it will be in NHC tonight.

I just wrote the excecute line under your castsequence line. On boosfights excecute got total off 3,5% (16 casts). I just compared this with a top fury (…i am new to Warrior :slight_smile: and he did 21 excecutes - on ONE boss. So my “resulution” seems to be a no-go ^^
So it must be on a seperate button, as you wrote.

The “typo” i found at the first macro. You have excecue with modifier, but on the premacro its without a modifier.
Sorry for my “typos” (and grammar) I usually using google translate before i post, but today i wrote it here at this chat window and its to long now for g translate.

Ok me again John, I swear I will get with the program one of these days maybe lol. I have followed your macros for ages and they are always outstanding and perform beyond the bar. I would like to give this a shot, the non lazy version but need the old school GS version. Could you possibly post it in that format, it would be much appreciated!

[quote quote=47799]Ok me again John, I swear I will get with the program one of these days maybe lol. I have followed your macros for ages and they are always outstanding and perform beyond the bar. I would like to give this a shot, the non lazy version but need the old school GS version. Could you possibly post it in that format, it would be much appreciated!
[/quote]

I can the only thing though is the Old GS pre-macro section works differently so the opening burst will be affected. but ill see what I can come up with.

[quote quote=47783]Wow, even with WA i am strugle to keep enrage up on Boss Fights, you have my respect ^^ I dont know whats a good uptime, but i had it up for 49% – 80% on Nightmare Bosses (LFR). Howismywow graded my Cast Efficiency with 100% in almost every fight. Well, i didnt care about the mechanics, i just want test the macro. I am curious how it will be in NHC tonight.
I just wrote the excecute line under your castsequence line. On boosfights excecute got total off 3,5% (16 casts). I just compared this with a top fury (…i am new to Warrior ??? and he did 21 excecutes – on ONE boss. So my “resulution” seems to be a no-go ^^ So it must be on a seperate button, as you wrote.
The “typo” i found at the first macro. You have excecue with modifier, but on the premacro its without a modifier. Sorry for my “typos” (and grammar) I usually using google translate before i post, but today i wrote it here at this chat window and its to long now for g translate.
[/quote]

The fury warrior you compared may also have the legendary ring which enables you to execute every so often outside the 30% mob health restriction.

execute? is not in the macro you are probably confusing it with rampage. and yes it is in there as a mod and not because where it is put without a modifier is the pre-macro so it will fire it off once at the beginning as an opener. after that, you have to apply it manually.

Yes…stupid me, reversed these spells ^^
@ Angel i am using the old GS too. Here you have the GS (non lazy) version…i hope it’s correct.

Sequences["Fury"] = {
StepFunction = [[
  limit = limit or 1
  if step == limit then
    limit = limit % #macros + 1
    step = 1
  else
    step = step % #macros + 1
  end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/stopmacro [@playertarget, noexists]
/cast [mod:shift] Battle Cry
/cast [mod:shift] Odyn's Fury
/cast [mod:shift] Bloodbath
/cast [mod:shift] Avatar
/cast [mod:alt] Rampage
]],
"/castsequence  reset=1  Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash",
PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Yup, that’s it though you are also running bloodbath. Without the premacro feature, it lacks the opening burst.
I suppose holding down shift at the start of combat does so.

Also I forgot to mention (i think) with cooldown usage it should be once at the opener with an immediate hit of alt once Battle cry goes off so you Rampage.

then you watch your cooldowns and only use again when Battle cry and Odyn’s Fury are off CD (about a 5 second difference between the two) but keep an eye out on the cooldown on Avatar, as if it is close to coming off CD you could hold off for it and get all three running for moar DPS.

I know of the concern with warrior DPS spiking then dropping to settle down and from what I have observed this is normal as one of my guild warriors who plays manually burst high on the opener, As in well into the millions then settles to a steady 700k I got him to test this and he was pulling slightly less around 50k, though I was trying to get Draught of souls to work without breaking the rest of the macro.

Can I cast the ones you have set to shift or alt manually and remove them from the macro or set them up another way? I use a tartarus and those key comands don’t work well with that and trying to use my keyboard, if I even can might be a issue. Thanks again!

No, i dont…i just made a posting-mistake…again ^^ I just test this talent, but it’s really not good…and i am satisfied with the burst :slight_smile:
“Steady 700k” holy moly.

Thank you for the tip and your effort John.
@ Angel, you can use every (free) key for a mod. Or you can try to keybind. Its something you must test out what you are more comfortable with.

Any reason Whirlwind doesn’t usually factor into any of the rotations? It must provide some sort of a DPS increase?

John Mets, thanks so much for your time to the community. I’m sure I speak for everyone that your post are very helpful.

I have a quick question, and would like to throw this in your fury for myself, but not sure where to place it. Should this go in preMacro or some other place?
/cast [mod:ctrl,@cursor] Heroic Leap

[quote quote=48097]Any reason Whirlwind doesn’t usually factor into any of the rotations? It must provide some sort of a DPS increase?
[/quote]

my reasoning for this is I just spam it when I have 3+ targets, and use my macro when I want to use the CDs or rampage. or if there are 2-3 targets I would just use my macro and then manually whirlwind once before a rampage
so rampage damage is applied to all targets.

I Will be honest though, I have no idea if this is the most efficient way to use whirlwind and happy to take tips from vet warriors.

[quote quote=48408]John Mets, thanks so much for your time to the community. I’m sure I speak for everyone that your post are very helpful.
I have a quick question, and would like to throw this in your fury for myself, but not sure where to place it. Should this go in preMacro or some other place? /cast [mod:ctrl,@cursor] Heroic Leap
[/quote]

hmm depends, if you want it as an opener only, it would go in the pre macro section and drop the Mod function.
if you want it on demand, I would put it in the keypress

Hi! The macros are awsome! I have only 1 question:how can i set, that it will cast rampage only, when i am at 100 rage? Thx in advance!

[quote quote=48547]Hi! The macros are awsome! I have only 1 question:how can i set, that it will cast rampage only, when i am at 100 rage? Thx in advance!
[/quote]

I can recommend getting a WeakAura for it and put it on a separate button. That’s what I have and works great.

Hey John

I made some changes to your LazyFury Macro in the main sequence - So far testing works well

Edit - Been doing some PVP testing with it as well, I’m usually top on damage done with it. Execute always goes off.

Sequences['lazyfury'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.01.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=72,
  Talents = "2333232",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Battle Cry",
        "/cast Execute",
        "/cast Rampage",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash",
        "/cast Odyn's Fury",
        "/cast Avatar",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Heya

what that “reset=1” means? /castsequence reset=1 Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash

The Reset=X means the macro will reset itself or in this case, that sequence will if you don’t press the button for X seconds. in this case 1 second or a GCD etc. so should the macro hang in place waiting for the next ability to become available, just letting go of the macro for a second will reset it to the beginning of the sequence.

I’m sure I read on the developer notes that reset=time is not GSE2 compatible?

It is, it’s just often used incorrectly. As most use it thinking that if you set it to an abilities cooldown timer or as a delay ie Reset=45. most believe that the macro would simply skip that section for 45 seconds which is not the case.
you would have to stop pressing the entire macro for that duration for it to take an entire 45 seconds of just standing there is kinda silly :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive put it to 1 second which is often less than a GCD. so the pause is minimal. and has a noticeable impact
on my Outlaw macro where it can hang at the tail of the macro due to Slice and Dice having a better version applied and won’t budge until it has worn off. stopping the macro for one GCD resets the sequence.