John's Sub 7.3.

Ok, so after doing a whole lot of dummy killin… It seems the macro gets hung up trying to cast Shadow Dance when there are no more charges.
I’m not sure why it won’t just skip over it…like every other skill.
Maybe we can put Shadow Dance on an ALT modifier? or elsewhere in the macro?

yeah I was speaking to the rogue who requested it from me it seems its fine until you run out of charges,
as I was testing it on world mobs that would stay alive long enough it runs fine just like a training dummy and same with a raid boss.

on short fights though because the stacks of Shadow Dance dont reset instantly when the target dies, often means you would engage the next target with 1 or 0 charges of shadow dance. So it will hang in the sequence.

Thanks again for taking time to try this it gives me a bit more or a direction to fix :slight_smile:

Nice to see others trying out to make sub macros

ive still been hammering away at mine to get it to work with another revision

i also have an AOE should the need arise

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
        "/cast [stealth] Shadowstrike",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Shadowstep",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] Goremaw's Bite",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Backstab, Backstab, Shadow Dance, Nightblade, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
        "/cast Eviscerate",
        "/cast Backstab",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Shadow Blades",
        "/cast [combat] Symbols of Death",
      },
    },
  },
}

and the AoE

Sequences['SubAOE'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "12?,?,?,?,?,",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth",
        "/cast [form:1,stealth] Shadowstrike",
        "/cast [@focus,exists] Tricks of the Trade",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Shadowstep",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Shuriken Storm, Shuriken Storm, Nightblade, Shuriken Storm, Shadow Dance, Shuriken Storm, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shuriken Storm, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead",
      },
    },
  },
}

Looking forward to testing these macros out John. Thank you for your contribution to the community!

Question though, do you see any harm in placing the TotT cast in the single target macro as well?

nm found it.

Test data:
Damage: 120M
DPS: 407K
iLVL: 909

I’ve put this on the back burner for a while due to bashing my head against a wall. but after some research, finding some old macro notes and talking to some people I gave it another crack and now it’s performing closer
so something I’m more comfortable with. still, alittle rough around the edges and requires a but of user effort but it’s giving me a bit more direction

It consists of 2 macros
the first (Subway) is your base rotation macro with cooldowns etc,
the second, (SubShadow) is a simple sequence that fires shadow dance, some Shadow Strikes ending with an Evicerate.

IMPORTANT! both macros need to be added to GSE but only need to use Subway, and Do not rename SubShadow to anything else.

When using macro fire Subway off as per normal, whenever you need to Shadow Dance holding Alt will Trigger
SubShadow to fire and run the sequence. once the sequence has completed it with start again with a shadow dance, so letting go of Alt will switch it back to the standard rotation. Holding alt while no charges of Dance are available will cause you to just auto attack.

at time of testing my rogue is only 875, no leggos or optimised stats and after initial burst would level at 500k average on a training dummy. this came down to how well I controlled my Shadowdance usage as i could push high at time just getting used to things and wanting to smooth things out.

feed back appreciated.

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/click [mod:alt] SubShadow",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Shadowstep",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Shadowstep",
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Backstab, Backstab, Nightblade, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}
Sequences['SubShadow'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=5  Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

So i was testing this on my rogue and i would stay at about 750 to 760 k DPS with Burst sitting at around 1.3 to 1.4 million DPS that was after i change my talents over to what you have. before that using the talents i had originally i was still able to get 720 to 725 k DPS. with a burst of 1.2 to 1.3 million DPS. Great job.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/katinda

that was my rogue before i switch over to your talents.

Yep this one works the best sofar. I made subshadow on a seperate key instead using alt as i don’t like mod keys and also added an aoe version by replacing backstab with shuriken storm.

Brought my rogue out the closet after awhile. My ilvl is just 806 with 0 artifact traits but this is the 1st one what can keep me above 100k sustained dps,

Yes putting sub shadow on a separate key bind is perfect for those that don’t like modifiers, It started out like that in fact but I was running out of free buttons and based on my personal playstyle performed better for me.

Also, note for better-geared Rogues out there some better talent setup will get more dps, as I lack T20 and leggos I would get energy issues unless using the build in the OP but swapping to Deeper Strategem, Dark Shadows and Marked for Death, can get even more DPS. I am yet to do one that uses Death From Above

I have made note of this in the OP and also added Marked for Death in the OP macro

John, I created a SubVanish mod just like your SubShadow to make use of the shoulder leggos but for some reason, the macro isn’t firing off when I press shift as the mod trigger. Any suggestions? I did add the newly created macro to gse like I did SubShadow and added the macro name to Subway.

@webbjh is the new macro on its own keybind or you trying to have it set within the macro. If its within the macro you need to hold the Mod Key until the new macro completes then let og or it will just keep doing on spell

@webbjh is the new macro on its own keybind or you trying to have it set within the macro. If its within the macro you need to hold the Mod Key until the new macro completes then let og or it will just keep doing on spell

Dont know why it post my response two times

I know that and that is how I have it setup. I have the SubShadow on alt and my created SubVanish on shift. As with SubShadow, SubVanish was inported into GSE. The problem is that when I press and hold shift, nothing happen. The SubShadow works like a charm. So, I’m at a lose at the moment.

can you post your macro for testing so others like myself can try to find out why it not working

That’s the thing. The macro fires only if it’s on my bar for key press but as a from JOhn’s Subway on a shift mod, it doesn’t. Below is john’s Subway with my shift mod and below that the macros I modified from John’s SubShadow.

Subway

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/click [mod:alt] SubShadow",
        "/cast [mod:shift] SubVanish",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Shadowstep",
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Backstab, Backstab, Nightblade, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

SubVanish

Sequences['SubVanish'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=5  Vanish, Shadowstrike, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I see the problem you have to use the the word click not cast for you macro
/cast [mod:shift] SubVanish
should be
/click [mod:shift] SubVanish

I have no clue why I did that. Thanks for the catch. I’m just use to adding the line as a cast when I add modifiers. Thanks

[quote quote=55295]I have no clue why I did that. Thanks for the catch. I’m just use to adding the line as a cast when I add modifiers. Thanks
[/quote]

Rip beat me to it, how is that change going now, I may add the vanish submacro to the OP for those using the leggo