KTN - Disc 7.1

This is what i’m presently using for Disc dps/heals. Any feedback to improve is more than welcome.
Its seperated into 2 macros for obvious reasons.
Spam macro one while in combat, using mouseover to heal up and top off.
Use macro 2 to apply atonement to multiple friendly targets and then capitalize on the dmg from Light’s Wrath.
Also its in reg GS fashion.

—Talents - 2 2 2 3 2 3 1—

—Macro 1—

Sequences['KTN_DDPS'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Berserking
]],
[[/cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield]], 
[[/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Shadow Mend, Plea, Plea]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite]],
[[/cast Penance]],
[[/cast [mod:alt] Halo]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Light's Wrath
/cast [combat] Mindbender
/cast [combat] Power Infusion
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

—Macro 2—

Sequences['KTN_DDPS2'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Power Word: Radiance]], 
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

How are you at healing in heroics / mythics with this macro?

Far as I have tested is Mythic +8 with no problems, i also have Shadow mend on a seperate mouseover button just in case, but other than that this is preforming very well.

This is freaking awesome! Thank you!

do you use grid or something for mouseovers? or do they only work if you mouse over the actual player

why i am asking if i mouse over the player it works fine just not when i mouse over the name

[quote quote=36790]why i am asking if i mouse over the player it works fine just not when i mouse over the name
[/quote]

@mouseover works for party or raid frames of any UI. If you don’t use the frames you have to mouseover the actual character, not just their name.

Is there GSE Version of these macros?

It just keeps spamming smite,smite in /say for me :frowning:

Edit: If I remove all the smites except one the macro fires off perfect

Edit 2: it seems to have added in the other smites on it’s own again and fires off properly.

Edit 3: 2nd macro for radiance does not work for me :frowning:

Edit 4: got Radiance to work by setting a focus target that wasn’t myself

[quote quote=36849]It just keeps spamming smite,smite in /say for me ???
Edit: If I remove all the smites except one the macro fires off perfect
Edit 2: it seems to have added in the other smites on it’s own again and fires off properly.
Edit 3: 2nd macro for radiance does not work for me ???
Edit 4: got Radiance to work by setting a focus target that wasn’t myself
[/quote]

There is nothing wrong within the macro he made but the lenght of it and the forum here. (unless he made a mistake when he uploaded the macro here)

How to fix it? Simple, once you copy the macro in make sure line number 9 and 10 are in one straight line.
As you can see in line number 9 there is missing --> ]], <-- at the end of it
And in line number 10 there is missing the whole ‘‘action’’ of it, for example, if there is no --> /cast <-- it will just say whatever out loud and in thise case: Smite, Smite]],

Hope that helps with your problem :slight_smile:

Heya! Any chance to get an Gs-e for this macro?

I fixed the extra space in between lines 9 and 10.

Taking advantage of that wow exp token this week and using this macro. Once again have to give it to KTN for a top notch macro. Soloing pretty easy through quests. Like a tank, just pull a bunch of mobs and mow them down. Granted it just takes a bit longer to down them then a tank. And dungeons so far are easy to heal. Cant wait to get 110.

I’m glad you guys and gals like it and it helps!

hey KTN , im new here to the forum ( leaveing comments ) but ive been a part of this place for quite some time i respect what all of u do to help ,simplify and explain how things work to make WoW life easier lol. i have an issue with your macro sir. it all sets up right in GS nothing bad in the coding when i paste it in lua but when i use KTN_DDPS , all it does is cast shield and penence. any idea what the issue could be ?

#Physekiel, The only thing I could think of for it not to cast Purge the Wicked, smite, etc etc. is Have you takent the Purge the Wicked talent choice? If not it wouldn’t cast that entire line. Other than that, May I ask what level your character is. If too low level, you wouldnt be casting anything else as to you wouldn’t have them yet. Other than that I’m at a loss as to why it wouldn’t be casting everything. Hope this helps.

well sir that answers my question lol. i am still leveling so i had my fingers crossed that it would just skip the skills i do not have since i thought it was a cast sequence. i appreciate your time and thank you very much for the reply . keep up the good work!!

I made this GSE friendly; hope it works. I also removed the troll racial.

Sequences['KTN_DDPS'] = {
author="Killthenoise",
specID=256,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents:2,2,2,3,2,3,1",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield",
"/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Shadow Mend, Plea, Plea",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite",
"/cast Penance",
"/cast [mod:alt] Halo",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Light's Wrath
/cast [combat] Mindbender
/cast [combat] Power Infusion
]],
}

Sequences['KTN_DDPS2'] = {
author="Killthenoise",
specID=256,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents:2,2,2,3,2,3,1",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Power Word: Radiance]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

hey all, loving this macro but can someone change the alt mod to cast power word radiance instead of halo. seems like a better choice if you want to get atonment stacks quick. and halo is just kinda bleh as a skill.

@Chris Button, all you would have to do is change the word Halo to Power Word: Radiance.
Of course this would cast it on yourself instead of your focus, but in the grand scheme of things it would equal out. I actually cast it on the focus/tank and myself whenever possibe to get the most out of the atone stacks for use with the Artifact weapon. I’ve noticed lately, that alot of ppl arn’t actually taking advantage of what blizz is wanting from healers with this expansion, they want every healer class to dps as well, they wamt every tank to self heal as much as possible and each dps to do their share of heals when can. Each class has had their self heals buffed for this perticular reason. In other words as blizz has stated, if your not self healing as a dps/tank or dpsing as a healer, you are literally doing it wrong. Its a big change to get used to with the exception of the disc priest i must say.