Latency and GCD

This applies to any GS macro.
There was a post over the weekend that discussed latency (ping) and I questioned about the GCD (Global cool-down) factor.

Has anyone put together any kind of tutorial that factors in

1. Ping
  2. GCD
  3. other factors I’m missing

Right now there’s a lot of guesswork for the MS delays in the macros. I was wondering if there’s a more scientific way to dial in the delays.

Just curious… and bored. I forgot my personal laptop, so no WoW for my lunch break today :frowning:

I have always argued That GCD and cast times have always played a factor in skill usage.

Most skills have a 1.5s GCD
Manual DPS has about 1.3 second delay with OK haste
Caster DPS are limited to cast times avg is around 1.7s to 2.4 (Chaos Bolt being one of the longest) minus procs.
Tank GCD is 1s

This is why i believe that using macros at avg 80ms spam time is pointless… it is handy i guess for procs like Lava Burst.

+15ms for your latency only makes a real difference with sleep as sleep delay is never truly what you set it to, there is always a tolerance here at play.

I know if i set my latency to +15ms from my own i still get kicked from the server for spamming too fast. My latency to WoW is 8ms.

This is what i do. Figure out your general ping by allowing ahowing your latency Elvui i believe lets you do this. I use a Razer naga. World of warcraft operates and preficts pretty well under 180 its capable of doing 250 supposedly relatively well, after that youll start to notice lag. Iam in usa west coast and i play oce servers. If your using an advanced mouse like razer naga. You can actually make a few buttons to rotation between profiles. Lets say im using Demon Hunter Elf macro i will make 5 profiles that for the ms that is required if the game is experiencing a delay with my general attacks longer theb the average 1.3. I will push the button that adjusts my ms to say 0.068 from 0.052 relative to 14% haste and my lag. Also the more you do content you can get the feel or start to predict areas of the gamr thst cause you to notice lag. Now thats the complex part. The easy way is to split up your rotations into 5 different Gse macros and use mods like shift and the hypershift option to better keep your spells in the proper rotation. I have a macro that perfectly does the essence break window regardless of ping as long as its under 250. Even though its not techically pushing the button as fast enough the precise of it doing the proper rotation consistsntly throughout a raid boss fight makes me beat others. 1. Button standard priority spenders. 2. Buttons that give me energy so i can use spender. 3. Basic rotation without cooldowns or trinkets. 4. The pull rotation with all the trinkets buffs , lust etc. 5 defensive, optimal healing and survival oh shit macro. I find that most of my charactors perform at the top of parse with these 5 type of macros. If your missing some digits or possibly a hand, you can reduce the amount of macros by adding mods like shift, control, alt to your macro putting it down to 1_2 macros. Ahh im very disorgainzed with how i wrote this up but i hope this info helps