Learning Post: Creating a basic fire mage Macro -- What I have

Hi all - Been trying to learn how to write these, I had a level 12 Mage and figured as I level I would add more and more to it to increase the complexity of it. I have been looking at existing and trying to figure it out. I’ll post what I have so far and if someone here has time, could they look at what I have (which currently works but I’m sure it’s not efficient)?

Currently, I’d like to…
Cast Blazing Barrier
Cast Rune of Power
Cast Fireball
Cast Fire Blast

I have my first block as a “Repeat” that starts with:

~~KeyPress~~
/cast [nochanneling] Blazing Barrier
~~KeyRelease~~

I assume surrounding things with the ~ key define it as a variable which are setup at the bottom as
KeyPress /targetenemy [noharm]
and
KeyRelease /cast [combat, nochanneling] Combustion

So the “Flow” would be I would press the hotkey and it would 1)Target enemy(Keypress), 2) cast Blazing Barrier (the cast line), then 3) Normally cast Combustion, but I don’t have it yet, so it does nothing…

Then I assume it moves to the next block which is a “loop” and set as a step function that repeats 2x
I guess the loop tries to repeat all the blocks that are nested here 2x?

Currently, it has 3 action blocks in the loop that have:

block 2.1

~~KeyPress~~
/cast [nochanneling] Rune of Power
~~KeyRelease~~

Block 2.2

~~KeyPress~~
/cast [nochanneling] Fire Blast
~~KeyRelease~~

Block 2.3:

~~KeyPress~~
/cast [nochanneling] Fireball
~~KeyRelease~~
d8dxdaWyuz9qj8sK0BvsTnOQUTe1mHQ0DvIMTQA(kCtju)sL03GsvNJuv7KK9sTBq7hXpHsP)cvY4ivzGqj1qvsgSk1WLuheYPvLJPuhhkjluLyPqXILelxfpuc5PclJuEUitujmvrnzOkMUuxePCvOuCzIRljTrjITIeBwcSDjOpcLOVcvWNjvEgkgjuQmmKQrJQmEOsDsuvVgQORjr68O0HbwluH(TI2BNTA7qrJcTCGRs4JHMvAo7Oya3zMC2QTZoOaopqLVKC2bvHfJ8fqsC2TdQc7QJKsoB12X1gC0jTaLYSK71WjpWP8s3UDG463eMC2QTZwTDqgKbvHD1rsjYGmSsZXvoqQj3RHtoEaiu(pOULKBnMsz2mwX4GmidQclg5lGKqgKHd(Wwofc(wX4iZwloWi1cODBLMZwTD2QTdYGmOkSRoskrgKHvAoUYbsn5EnCYXdaHY)b1TKCV34tFVTIXbzqgufwmYxajHmidhz2AXbIRFtOBR0C2QTJRCGutUxdNC8aqO8FqDlj3mB91JbFhz2AXbIRFtOBRyC2QTdYGmOkSRoskrgKHvAoUYbsn5EnCYXdaHY)b1TKCVzySIXbzqgufwmYxajHmidhz2AXbIRFtOBhz2AXbENZAhyKAb0wP5iAPUKQqU(nHowDEZZRzD72bFyLQVFtbCEGkFj5SJIMLRaAFXTB3oWli1ytnEaTGhhA01yOZqh)T(LQNMMdCqa4ev9aso72rXsdwaAGZoYGVa7KJl6TaHDuWjLeUXnoEOGvxkJWIFGrRaSFbcHqi(iecHqiecHqiecHqieYbQAZBECOKcLoDK0F2y9Idq3ew5)0XRDGLbnkYj9MqRy2A67OyaSk4Zh2YPqb2Vj0xCOaLfhkAuOLdCvcFm0CqdwW8WjfnlxdAqL3)1S(IJOw44VWk8zCKX2ISAtNoD6L6yHuaO6VTA72TBBa

NEVETS_FIRE

Talents: B8DAHVkVsxxZrVqBmAzlSR2f7DAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This macro contains 1 macro template. This Sequence was exported from GSE 3.1.29.

I understand this is a lot of information, but would love a little help if possible understanding the why’s of it… Like do I really need to put the variables in each block? That seems like it’s going to try to do that ALL THE TIME, I assume that would be good for something that was maybe a high-priority spell that we are Sure we want to cast, right? I’d appreciate it if someone with a little more knowledge could see I’m making a huge mistake somewhere and point it out, maybe some best practice-type things…

It was my intention to put my Pyroblast spell on a second key and manually cast it since I’m waiting on a proc, and I cant get the shift/alt modifier keys to work, I think its something to do with elvUI

If this is not allowed here, please let me know and I’ll be happy to take it down, I just wanted to learn it so I could help contribute more instead of just taking everyones macros. :slight_smile:

you might want to move this to the fire mage section, so people that play Fire will see it easier.

I can do that, but figured since I was like level 12 or so it was kinda pointless. :slight_smile: LOL

just letting you know to help you get your macro out there for people. only reason i saw it is cuz i have the site set to see all new posts, so if it needs moderation, i can handle it. :slight_smile: lol