Legion 7.1.5 GS2.0 Survivability Prot War

Hi all,

The Macro made by Mike Shamblin works well, but I would like some more survivability, so I made some drastic changes.
Survivability Tanking - Talents are 1113332, but all but lvl30 tier talent (Impending Victory) can be modified to your playstyle without destroying macro. It includes Devastate, but doesn’t break if you choose Devastator.
I’ve done Mythic+ 5-8 keys with both devastator and Indomitable talents. I (ilvl877) do around 250k DPS with Devastator, and ~170k with Indomitable. Can easily be done better by other people I guess :slight_smile:

My tests shows that you starve rage, so this macro puts rage in Shield block and Ignore Pain. With around 25-30% haste I’m able to keep both up almost 100% of the time. You can use mod: Alt to tank big trash groups. Rage will then mostly be used on Revenge instead of SB and IP.

NB: Stepfunction needs to be “Prioritized List”, but it always shows “Sequential” when exporting.

Sequences['ProtWarr'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Sctnicolaus@Magtheridon",
  SpecID=73,
  Talents = "1,1,1,3,3,3,2",
  Help = "Survivability Tanking - Talents are 1113332, but all but lvl30 tier talent (Impending Victory) can be modified to your playstyle without destroying macro. It includes Devastate, but doesn't break if you choose Devastator.",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Warrior_DefensiveStance',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Impending Victory",
        "/cast [mod:alt,combat,nochanneling] Revenge",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Thunder Clap",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Shield Slam",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Shield Block",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Ignore Pain",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Devastate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Demoralizing Shout",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Avatar",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Battle Cry",
        "/cast [combat] Neltharion's Fury",
      },
    },
  },
}

Can you post with code please ?

Sequences[‘ProtWarr’] = {
Author=”Sctnicolaus@Magtheridon”,
SpecID=73,
Talents = “1,1,1,3,3,3,2”,
Help = “Survivability Tanking – Talents are 1113332, but all but lvl30 tier talent (Impending Victory) can be modified to your playstyle without destroying macro. It includes Devastate, but doesn’t break if you choose Devastator.”,
Default=1,
Icon=’Ability_Warrior_DefensiveStance’,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
StepFunction = “Sequential”,
KeyPress={
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Impending Victory”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Thunder Clap”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Shield Slam”,
“/cast [mod:alt,combat,nochanneling] Revenge”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Shield Block”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Ignore Pain”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Devastate”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Demoralizing Shout”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Avatar”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Battle Cry”,
“/cast [combat] Neltharion’s Fury”,
},
},
},
}

Probably i did wrong

Isn’t Neltharion’s Fury a straight DPS loss + survivability loss?

yes can we get a code neither is working

Nice macro, thanks for sharing, as for the “not working” problem you just have to fix the wrong quotation marks, this one should work

Sequences['ProtWarr'] = {
Author="Sctnicolaus@Magtheridon",
SpecID=73,
Talents = "1,1,1,3,3,3,2",
Help = "Survivability Tanking – Talents are 1113332, but all but lvl30 tier talent (Impending Victory) can be modified to your playstyle without destroying macro. It includes Devastate, but doesn't break if you choose Devastator.",
Default=1,
Icon='Ability_Warrior_DefensiveStance',
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
StepFunction = "Sequential",
KeyPress={
},
PreMacro={
},
"/cast [combat,nochanneling] Impending Victory",
"/cast [mod:alt,combat,nochanneling] Revenge",
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
"/cast [combat,nochanneling] Avatar",
},
},
},
}

Sorry, was in a hurry when I made OP, so didn’t even review it. Should be correct now :slight_smile:

[quote quote=40425]Isn’t Neltharion’s Fury a straight DPS loss + survivability loss?
[/quote]

Must admit I haven’t researched on this. I would keep it for trash groups at least, so you could put the mod:alt on it as well.

Did a +12 seems good :slight_smile: didnt take devastator thou

@Nicholas you have talents as —1113332— but in macro you have —1133332— namely Avatar vs Renewed Fury. just a heads up mate :slight_smile:

I change talents a lot, depending on the situation. Doesn’t break the macro, so just consider the numbers as guidelines :slight_smile:

I just tried it, only cast 4 Shield slams and thunder Claps per 31 devastates… I did take the same talents too…

[quote quote=43564]I just tried it, only cast 4 Shield slams and thunder Claps per 31 devastates… I did take the same talents too…
[/quote]

That sounds very weird. It is aprox 1:1:1 for me, so something must have gone wrong.

[quote quote=43564]I just tried it, only cast 4 Shield slams and thunder Claps per 31 devastates… I did take the same talents too…
[/quote]

It is broken for me also, and has been since 2.0.7. I just tried loading 2.14 and it failed as well, mainly spamming Devastate after a few slams and claps. Going back to 2.0.7 fixes this issue for Prot Warriors.

Here is my code:

Sequences['prot_AE'] = {
  SpecID=73,
  Author="ME",  
  Talents = "1,2,1,3,3,1,2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Victory Rush",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Revenge",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Spell Reflection",
      },
    },
  },
}

It has always worked for me, even with the newer updates. I’m pretty sure it is because of the Step Function line:
StepFunction = “Priority”,

I couldn’t export that in the first versions, so you had to manually edit it from Sequential to Priority, as stated in OP.

I have edited OP now with the correct stepfunction, so it should work without any editing.

I just wanted to say I’ve been using this macro in Mythics and PvP with Devastator mostly and it works great! Thank you for this macro.

How fast do you reccomend pressing the macro for best results? I suck at tanking and first time trying a macro like this so I hope it goes well.

With the recent changes, it looks like the macro breaks (stuck in Devastate loop) if you press too fast. Twice a second or something like that. If you see that Thunder Clap and Shield Slam isn’t used at all, you are pressing too fast.

Been trying it out at many different speeds, I either do way too little damage or end up using devestator far more often than either shield slam or thunder clap. (Its about 30 Devestators to 15 of the other two)

Has anyone else found a speed that works well?

I am currently using 0.33 Seconds between each press, I know you said that twice a second or something is better, but I find my DPS severely lacking when I do that.

Ehm, you are tank, right? Why are you so concerned about DPS? It is more important to hold aggro and keep yourself alive :wink:

As I stated in OP, this macro is for survivability. I am doing 170-200k DPS with this macro. I am sure it could be alot better without macro, but I don’t really think it matters much :slight_smile:

Well its my first time tanking but I assume more DPS = More threat right?

Also I am concerned because its my first time using something like this because im used to healing and I finding tanking very difficult, so I want to make sure I am doing it right.