legion mage fire

has any macro to pre patch?
thxs

Hey buddy.

My counsel is try to do one by yourself.

If youre not really in to this, try to copy ones been made, and go on trial an error.

The funny part, now is easier than ever and you will be proud :smiley: ( im encouraging you )

Try this,

Sequences['PTRfire'] = {
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    ]],
	"/castsequence reset=combat Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fire Blast, Pyroblast",
	"/cast Combustion",
	"/cast Living Bomb",
        "/cast Ice flows",
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
}

Talents are 2233111
This was like one of the easiest macros I have tried to nut out, I wish it was like that for others.
Basically, by the time it gets to pyroblast hot streak is up and pyroblast is instant cast 99.999% of the time.
also for some reason on occasions it will cast the fireballs x4 then loop back and do another 4 before the fireblast/ pyro combo, no idea why as they are ready to go on the GCD. maybe im spamming to hard.

also not I am not a mage player so I have no idea if this is optimal build etc but it does work.

thank you very much john mets!

I find that with Fire Mages it’s best to have Pyroblast on a second keybinding for when it procs and for when you hard cast it.

I use the number pad for it being a lefty.

Numpad 1 = Main Macro
Numpad 2 = Pyroblast
Numpad 3 = Main Macro w/Scorch for moving

I keep 1 pressed down and when Pyroblast proc I keep it held while pressing 2.

Maybe it’s just how i like it but i would definitely keep Pyroblast out of the macro until someone invents a way of allowing macros to only fire on proc :slight_smile:

True though with what I found was that the time it takes to cast the fireballs and the fireblast its always on proc. originally I did have the first talent in row 1 which give the chance to proc off the proc and your idea would be more viable. or use a [mod:alt] command for it.