Limp Disk: Teach Others How to Eat Your Shield (PVE/PVP)

so is this 2 macros combined or just 1 altogether

It works really good. I would like to know if you use ahk or razer synapse etc John? I can’t figure out what a good repeat timer is. Cheers and thank you for the great macro.

I am using Razer Synapse software, but it should run with Corsair mice too.

[quote quote=57243]I am using Razer Synapse software, but it should run with Corsair mice too.[/quote] Ok. What is your timer set to?

It depends on how my ghetto-ass internet is behaving on any given day: I usually roll between 85-150 ms.

Sidenote: just hit the snooze bar when you do the Lightforged Draenei/Void Elf opener missions. Too easy…

Just wanted to say that I used this macro to beat the Protection Paladin Mage Tower challenge today. So thank you for it!!

Thumbs up!

How to make a defense macro? Or can someone share?
^^"

Hey John Q. I love this macro it makes life much easier. However I’m not really sure how to edit it so ill let you know the one thing I have found I dislike about it. so in mythic dungeons the one thing wrong is the avenging wrath use. if possible can you either post a copy without the avenging wrath in it or instructions on how to remove it. Often I’m one trash pull away from the boss and if i don’t “manually control” the toon it will blow AW then i won’t have ti for the boss so I’d like to remove avenging wrath from it and have 2 copies one with one without.

1.) In game, type in /gs
2.) Find my macro from the list
3.) Delete any lines of Avenging Wrath on all tabs, then save your changes
4.) Drag Avenging Wrath icon from your spellbook and put it on your action bar

–JohnQ

Dear John
I’ve been a fan of yours for a while, way back when your BM Hunter macros kicked ass (Especially PvP). I picked up a ret pally as the first and only melee class i ever had. With the macros on here it was fun, not a lot of DPS and a lot of self healing, but fun. I saw your macro for prot and knowing the calibre of the macros you do, i gave it a try. OMG it blew me away. (DPS and no need to manual self-heal) So much so i think she is going to be my main in the new expansion.
Thank you (again)
Les

I don’t know if anyone is having this problem but when I try and edit this macro it comes up with 500+ different configuration options that take over the whole screen and I can’t edit or close out of it and I have to reload the UI to get it off my screen.

thx10050 what talents did you end up using for 15,45,100?

@Les Thumbs up and thanks for your comments–not too many people remember the BM macro… :wink:

@Alex GordonBeck This is a resize feature of GSE; it is NOT my macro. Try making your changes without pulling/resizing the GSE UI window.

I’m having an issue where. I import the code but no macro is available for me to drag over

Hey. i loved this macro since day 1. Will you be making a version for BFA? Cheers!

Not this expac, bud. Blizz killed my class/spec in Legion; so I went mongo with the alts. Now I am looking to do only 1-2 classes and pallies aren’t one of them.

I did some changes to it by moving the keypress section to the main sequence and moving the premacro to the keypress section. I also moved light of the protector and hand of reckoning from the key release to the main section. Now all the abilites does work again and it does not get stuck. i also edited the talents part to reflect the new talent tree. Using Punchkey with timer set to 85ms.

deKehaWjsGgfQs0PqvsMfvKFrKHjQ6yK0YqLEMszAOIUgfTnuHVPuzCK6CIIbIQu5GIkTqrjEijituuQUiQsyJKOmsLOoPOuwPOKEPsKzsfv3uPQDQIFIQuAOOQokQsvlfvXtHmvvYwjb1xrvkolQsQ3sICxsO9ImyqhwQflYJvmzvDzu2SWNPGrRKonv61KOA2uOBRsTBI63u1WfvSCGNtPPl56kHTtfLVtc48uH5ty)qnPsx0rLq85H3EXpxN7CEnD4sxe6QnYKllHuXqEPhGHB8kNuDs1jUoP6exN4sO99a8kmdyD9Yw6IoQ0fDujKyI4)UJqAABjayOyIqRtP)fteMMZyAQ04VtDPOaGHIjcToL(pxNXKn4kBad5nGUwfabGoCjKyI4)UJqAABjayOyIqRtP)fteADk9FUGNjxyy2zbt(zabqaOZgHete)3DestBlbadfteADk9VyIqRtP)Z1zmzdmGcAXq0QlZ4lacaD4KqIjI)7ocPPTLaGHIjcToL(xmrO1P0)kKx2YgqxUEzbqaOJjHete)3DestBlbadfteADk9VyIqRtP)rRUmJpg6dmSwzyipUgwlMFHvaea6WbHete)3DestBlbadfteADk9VyIqRtP)Z6I3WntUeabGo7iKyI4)UJqAABjayOyIqRtP)fteADk9)Y99ndGH(adRvggYJRH1I5xyfabGoAcjMi(V7iKM2wcagkMi06u6FXeHwNs)VCFFZayOpWWSUWwUdtaea6KHqIjI)7ocPPTLaGHIjcToL(xmrO1P0)l333mag6dmSwzyipUgwlMFHvaea6OMNqIjI)7ocPPTLaGHIjcToL(xmrO1P0)o31WAHH(adRvggYh4l2uEGaia0rvLqIjI)7ocPPTLaGHIjcToL(xmrO1P0)l3Ypg6dmKh2OCVSRSbbqaieFVT23dWtxuriuXYrzlKNY1lti(axpWTCqOLyo4HzK1wgDrfH4dy77b4PlQi0smh8bmRLUOJkHete)3DesvdmWkMm72HaGHkj7xBWTIk9S(vKkQOdx6IoQesAABHHkn(7uxkIHBQAnN0HlHKM2wy4MQ2mpD2iK002cd3uZSzshojK002cd5YH5Un6ysiPPTfgAUXr(80HdcjnTTWqU7m3TldD2riPPTfgAUzMXKoAcjnTTWqvnN5ZWLq892AFpapDrfHqflhLTqEkxVmH4dC9a3YbHwI5GhMrwBz0fveIpGTVhGNUOIqlXCWhWSw6IoQesQAGbwXKz3oWqLK9Rn4wrLEw)ksfv0zJUOJkHKM2wyOsJ)o1LIy4MQwZjD4siPPTfgQQ5mFgU0zJqstBlmCtvBMNoCsiPPTfgUPMzZKoMesAABHHC5WC3gD4GqstBlm0CJJ85PZocjnTTWqU7m3TldD0esAABHHQAoZNHlDYqiPPTfgAUzMXKoQ5jK002cd1MB0rvLqstBlm0CZmJjDu5siPPTfgQQ5mFgUesH83PUOSqiuXYrzlKNY1lti(axpWTCqOLyo4HzK1wgDrfH47T1(EaE6IkcXhW23dWtxurOLyo4dywlDrhvcjvnWaRyYSBh5ySDWayOsY(N1VIurfveAFlVOnMn5IbCgtUC9YuwiuUlQvpGqO12OXEL3HwxOGRTrpHwMzmhcTVhGhdV7NHHjhyyw9RYyiV3jmubCRvm06Vzy4S2Ygywmma(BmKxyIH7DvoddlpgAGvyyTYWWo5A0TywmS8yOc4bkhdDLXWSOSCju2zrVWyrhvcHYHnzl70HdoiepT7thUekBJxMqeIVcZNoBurfr

Would it be okay if i post it in the 8.x section and give you the credit for the main macro of course? You can also do it yourself if you want of course :slight_smile:

You should try it out by the way :smiley:

Checking it out now.

Alright, I just got done rolling around a little bit (first time in BFA); your macro is good, but there are some issues with the changes and with GSE that you need to be aware of:

*Light/Hand of the Protector wasn’t firing off for me on the dummys; I added an extra line or two to get it to cast.

*There is an issue in GSE where if a talent taken changes the name of a spell (like Light of the Protector -> Hand of the Protector), GSE reverts to the name of the original–and will only cast it sporadically–or not as all. Disc priests are having the same issue with Luminous Shield/Power Word: Shield talent. I have submitted a report to TimothyLuke about it on GitHub.

*The wording on Hand of the Protector description has changed, it reads (paraphrase) “casts on a friendly target,” so I am not certain if a conditional [@player],[@focus] is needed or not in BFA; I merely rolled around by myself and never grouped up to see who would be getting healed. Would the lucky recipient be chosen at random? If so, you might want to look into including conditionals to make certain that you receive the heals from LotP/HotP.

Other than that issue, its a solid macro that you’ve got there, so please, feel free to post it as your own. :wink:

–John Q
#QAnon