šŸ’¤ Lutechi 9.x+ Survival Macro All-in-One

until you learn how to fix it

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to do.

(And @mike-smith is right.)

I concede that he is right, itā€™s just not relevant. Me choosing when to use Misdirect is infinitely preferable to it casting automatically every few seconds.

if thatā€™s the only line in the macro.

Itā€™s not, I assume thatā€™s why Iā€™m having this issue.

I do appreciate your response though. On the topic of learning how to adjust these is there a decent resource for that somewhere? I just learned Lazy Macros existed very recently. I have 14 characters that I play for farming mounts and things like that but I only main a single Demon Hunter which I play manually very proficiently. However, relearning how to play every other class every time I need to log into a different one is a nightmare. This has helped with that tremendously.

@SpartanG01
Hereā€™s the original KeyPress:
/cast [nochanneling,mod:ctrl,exists] Intimidation; [nochanneling,talent:5/3,@cursor,mod:alt] Binding Shot; [nochanneling,@focus,help][nochanneling,help][nochanneling,@pet,nodead,pet] Misdirection

How you want it to look like without MD:
/cast [nochanneling,mod:ctrl,exists] Intimidation; [nochanneling,talent:5/3,@cursor,mod:alt] Binding Shot

With mod:
/cast [mod:shift,@focus,help][mod:shift,@pet,nodead,exists] Misdirection
Replace ā€œshiftā€ with ctrl or alt if needed.

Or:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/misdirectionhelper

TBH, I almost never use MD in Dungeons or Raid-only open world stuff i.e. WQā€™s, Dailies, etc. including it while doing open world content.

Thank you, I think maybe I just removed the ā€œMisdirectionā€ bit because I didnā€™t think all the spell modifiers mattered if nothing was being cast so that makes sense. I also figured out why the modifier wasnā€™t working, it was overlapping with something else I had bound in my Razer macro software so that was unrelated.

TBH, I almost never use MD in Dungeons or Raid-only open world stuff i.e. WQā€™s, Dailies, etc. including it while doing open world content.

Honestly I wasnā€™t going to say this originally but I agree. Itā€™s wholly unecessary in like 90% of content and when Iā€™m tanking as Vengeance on my Demon Hunter I generally get annoyed at Hunterā€™s with some regularity because I skip a lot of trash and if they donā€™t anticipate that or have an assist macro set up it will MD mobs onto me that I wasnā€™t going to pull.

1 Like