šŸ’¤ Lutechi's Consolidated Macro List

Hi there, Iā€™m new in this channel and have played warlock for a long time. However, recently diagnosed with arthritis in my hands, having a macro will help me, but I canā€™t manage modifiers. I would much prefer separate macros for dots then a second macro for aoe and one for single target.

As for the Dark Glare and other channeling talents, its hard to use those in a macro because Iā€™ve ended up clipping and then it all falls apart for me.

Is there anyway to reconstruct your macros to work without modifiers even if you have to have a different key for each macro set?

In remember being able to do this with the BfA setup successfully, but that set of macros no longer work in SL with the changes Bliz has made to warlocksā€™ specs. I currently use Destro without any macros and its a bit dicey but Iā€™ve managed even though Iā€™m at the end of the dps meter.

However, I wanted to go back using my Affliction spec if I could only get macros to work so I donā€™t have an entire 2 rows of single skills on each button. That is not easy to work with.

I am also a fan of separation between ST and AoE macros. It seems it would be a simple matter of just creating a ST macro that actually only includes ST skills without modifiers, then an entirely different macro just for AoE skills, also without macros.

I set all my major items, that usually are channels, on individual keys in sequence on my keyboard (i.e. F1, F2, F3, etc.). Then use keys 1 & 2 for the ST macro(s) (if you have two ST macros).

Then set up a separate key for a dot macro that can be used for odd situations where you are running and can only use dot skills because ā€¦movement> canā€™t cast much on the run unless they are instants, put that dot macro on key 3.

I currently have attempted to create a series of simple macros myself because I have no idea how to create the complicated sequence ones that GSE uses. My rule of thumb is simply: longest CD first leading down to instant. Usually these can only be 2-3 skills, at most 4 can be squeezed onto this type of macro.

Putting my channels separately on their own keys, like the F6, F7, F8, F9, etc. I used a G910 keyboard which provides and extra column of Gkeys down the left side lf the keyboard (G1-G5) and four G6-G9 keys just above the regular F1-F4 key placements.

Just a note here: I tried the macro provided for the Affliction Warlock, but it failed after the third key press. Nothing worked. So I had to delete it. What I mention just above this comment is something Iā€™m hoping to find setup on a LazyMacro for GSE use. I just do not know how to create one.

Hello Friedbones,

On my macros usually the modifiers are Cooldowns or for AoE purposes with the exception of Balance Druid which is a rotation.

The rotations do not change drastically because of it. It usually means wherever that modifier is at, it replaces whatever the line in front of it.

To convert a macro with AoE or CDs for example, if is in the Sequence or Key Release blocks then the no mod line gets removed and replaced with the modifier as the default. If the AoE or CD modifier happens to be in the Key Press, then only that line should be in the whole macro as keypress blocks everything else. If is only one ability, then might as well just use it from the spell book and no macro is needed.

Oh wowā€¦sorry but I do not understand what you wrote. I am not a coder so its all Greek to me.

However, I tried to put into terms what I do know so I could see if someone was able to create such macros that would work with the GSE setup. But I am not able to create those complicated ones, which is why Iā€™ve come to ask for help in getting separate macro setups for ST, AoE and dots. I donā€™t like my channels in the macros which is why I place them on separate keys that are easy to reach on my keyboard.

Sorry, but am not really sure what you were trying to tell me unless it was I should go somewhere else for help. If that sounds harsh, its not meant to be, I would rather someone just say up front if they can do something to help me on this or for me to go see if its available elsewhere.

can you do a Priest disc macro that would be very appreciated

@lutechi Iā€™d love to see an updated Arms macro. Really, we need versions for both single-target and multi-target scenarios. Arms are really strong right now in 9.1 but the spells/talents have changed from pre 9.1 quite a bit. Night Fae & Kyrian are strong now, Rend is tricky to macro. Several other key spells like Overpower/Mortal Strike/Execute can proc and need to be cast, or should only be cast after another is usedā€¦ Iā€™ve been trying to find a way to improve my own macro to not waste spells/rage, but I really would like to see more conditional triggers (cast Mortal Strike after 2 stacks of Overpower ā€“ or cast Execute ONLY when it procs).

1 Like

did he change all his marocs to run at 250 MS u cant run them any faster players will get banned . this coming from tim luke. so all marcos will need to be redone .

Just change them to a higher ms, Iā€™m sure they will be mostly ok.

It probably wonā€™t be the same but it will be better than none.

but running at 250 and haven so much in the blocks to read . they cant read the blocks at 250 so ur missing spells and cool downs . all marcos need to be redone . /// only if wee would have stayed at the old GSE 2 everything went side ways with GSE 3

Man, we are glad Timothy ever even thought of something like this which has extended my time in wow as I suffer dementia and I can not play without this addon.
If he had thought it need a write Up well who better to know that than him and once again we should be grateful.
A lot of people went crook at the change without giving it a chance and people complaining like here has made authors move away from posting them here.
Ps I was angry at the change myself but I bit my tongue and waited till I figured out what to do and once I did even with this brain it was ok.

1 Like