Macro is constantly changing my target while in raid

Hi all,
My macro works super for single target and when I’m solo, but when I’m a raid, it changes target to players in raid constantly.
It happens on my hunter and warlock. I use ElvUI.
Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how do I correct it?

post your macro so we can take a look at it.

1 Like

As you have given nothing to go on, I’m going to use my telepathy and just guess. Try changing /targetenemy To /targetenemy [noharm][dead]

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply…4th of july stuffs LOL
It’s the Lutechi Demonology AIO

Step 1
/stopmacro [@playertarget, noexists]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] <-------------------------------------This just had [noharm]
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/castsequence [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Mortal Coil; [mod:shift,talent:5/3] Howl of Terror; [mod:shift,@cursor] Shadowfury; [nochanneling,mod:alt] Drain Life; [nochanneling,mod:ctrl] Health Funnel; [nochanneling,talent:2/3,exists] reset=target Doom, Corruption, null; [nochanneling,exists] reset=target Corruption, null
/cast [nochanneling,combat,exists] Summon Demonic Tyrant
/castsequence [nochanneling,nopet] Summon Felguard; [nochanneling,@pet,dead] Fel Domination, Summon Felguard; Axe Toss
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Step 2
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/castsequence [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Mortal Coil; [mod:shift,talent:5/3] Howl of Terror; [mod:shift,@cursor] Shadowfury; [nochanneling,mod:alt] Drain Life; [nochanneling,mod:ctrl] Health Funnel; [nochanneling,talent:2/3,exists] reset=target Doom, Corruption, null; [nochanneling,exists] reset=target Corruption, null
/cast [nochanneling,combat,talent:1/2,@cursor] Bilescourge Bombers; [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:1/3] Demonic Strength
/castsequence [nochanneling,nopet] Summon Felguard; [nochanneling,@pet,dead] Fel Domination, Summon Felguard; Axe Toss

Step 3
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/cast [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:2/2] Power Siphon

Step 4
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/cast [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:4/2] Soul Strike; [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:4/3] Summon Vilefiend

Step 5
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/cast [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:6/3] Grimoire: Felguard

Step 6
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/cast [nochanneling,combat,exists,talent:7/3] Nether Portal

Step 7
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling,exists,talent:2/3] reset=combat Call Dreadstalkers, Doom, Implosion; [nochanneling,exists] reset=combat Call Dreadstalkers, Implosion

Step 8
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/cast [nochanneling,exists] Hand of Gul’dan

Step 9
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling,exists] reset=combat/target Demonbolt, Corruption, Demonbolt

dang…just tried the macro out with the noharm nodead…and it still jumps my target to the players in the raid. i’m going to test it without ELVUI, and see if that fixes it.

Ok, just tried my macro with default UI loaded…same issue…when in a raid, my target constantly changes to a member of the raid and never the actual mob we’re trying to kill.
Please help…been using GSE macro’s forever and never had an issue.

Also, just noticed…it’s always the Group 2, fifth slot player that gets targeted…my target flashes between mob and that player constantly.

Also, just noticed…it’s always the Group 2, fifth slot player in the raid that gets targeted…my target flashes between mob and that player constantly.

When group 2, fifth slot is empty, the macro works great in the raid =p

this is just a random thought, maybe it could be old code. just throwing that out, not saying its the solution. looked at the macro lines you posted and it looks like old code before Timothy updated GSE to 3.0. but just putting my thought out.

No that’s coming from GSE3.

All I can suggests is process of elimination. Disable all your mods and see is this still happening. If so it’s your macro. If not it’s another mod “helping” you.

1 Like

Will try that tonight. Thank you!

Everything is working now! Don’t know what changed, but the macro’s are working great in a raid now.
thank you guys for looking into this for me!