Macro Toolkit or Super Duper Macro

A lot of the macros used on this website require an addon to extended the macro. The game has a limit of 255 characters on macros. Using an addon can increase that number beyond the normal limits and does not violate any rules. You essentially have two options.

I’ve been using Super Duper Macro for quite some time. It does a great job, but I find that Macro Toolkit is a more complete solution. It does everything Super Duper Macro does, but also has some features to not only help you build macros, but ensure they’re going to fire off correctly.

Super Duper Macro is available at wowinterface.com

Macro Toolkit is available from curse.com or the curse downloader

Both addons are now broken, anyone know of a fix or how to extend the macros for use in patch 5.4?

Check ‘Use out of Date Addons’ when you are in your character screen.

caN confirm not working

Is working fine for me and friends. Just do what Michael said earlier.

I trust no-one is having problems now? I was a little slow updating for the patch as I’m working away a lot at the moment :-/

I don’t know about these other options, but I use Ion. It’s gone by several names over the years (it was Macaroon when I first came across it). My macros are pretty extensive and it works perfectly for all of my needs… And it works with 5.4!

The Macro Toolkit has erased ALL of my extended macros twice now. I used the backup option after the first time but wasn’t able to restore the second time it happened as there is no restore option available. Needless to say I’m a little “miffed”. Is the “super duper toolkit” still working?

Hi Chris,
Macro Toolkit shouldn’t be erasing anything unless it is specifically told to do so. What is likely happening is that it is failing to display your macros for some reason - a problem I’d like to get to the bottom of and resolve if I can.

Your macros should still be intact in your saved variables file. If you’re able to get that to me it will help me track down the problem and hopefully fix it for you and other users.

Macro Toolkit has been downloaded 124,000 times, the latest file 26,926 times so far and no one else has reported this issue, so it may be something unique to your setup or macros. If I can get your saved variables file and any info you may have on when the macros disappeared, any errors displayed etc. I’ll have a fighting chance at sorting this for you. At the very least if your saved variables file is intact I should be able to recover your macros for you.

By far this is my only addon i care about. Any idea of deepac will be around or should we begin to see if we can repair it?

Sadly it might not matter anymore. Blizzard has broken macros currently. Unless they revert it the 0, method is over and done with. Very unhappy with this.

[quote quote=16114]
Sadly it might not matter anymore. Blizzard has broken macros currently. Unless they revert it the 0, method is over and done with. Very unhappy with this. [/quote]

You don’t think our macros will ever work again?

I cant even edit my macros in toolkit anymore, anyone else having this issue?

Macro Toolkit is broken right now. Hoping that it can get fixed if not I’m not going to be super happy.

Dohram posted this on Curse and it seems to work

if you look up the lib ace3 here on curse and install it , it fixes alot of ace3 addon compatibility issues with many addons includeing this one , I use MTK on the beta and it works fine for teh most part, me and deepac are wokring on a 6.0 version.

sorry, it doesnt work :frowning:

[quote quote=16114]
Sadly it might not matter anymore. Blizzard has broken macros currently. Unless they revert it the 0, method is over and done with. Very unhappy with this. [/quote]For me it’s still pretty important that it works because even if i don’t use the whole leading 0 method, my macros still get longer than 255 characters.