A good macro is the one you make and tailor to your needs. It takes a while but it’s worth it in the long run.
I start out by testing all the macros one at time unbuffed in front of a non-raid training dummy(you can use a raid training dummy-but all I care about is the highest number). Each pass is four minutes in length and I do this four times for one macro because there are variables.
I record four passes for each macro on Notepad with the macro name and take the highest/best overall number out of all of them.
Then I begin to tune it by using the Debugging feature in GSE (as @TimothyLuke demonstrated in his video) or you can use Details! which does pretty much the same thing.
By doing all of this and you didn’t want to tweak it then just use which ever macro gives you the best number.
SAVE ALL OF YOUR RECOREDED RESULTS TO NOTEPAD! Because if someone comes out with a new macro or an updated one you can try it out and compare the differences.
Things to know: (EXIT WOW, TURN OFF FACEBOOK and LEARN TO USE GOOGLE or your choice of search engines)
- Know your Class and spec. I’m a firm believer reading in Icy Veins. Azortharion (the BM Guide writer) is a great kid and puts in a lot of time-I mean a lot- testing, simming, you name it into our class. Or go to WowHead, I don’t care-just read up on how we play, function, what’s good, what’s bad, etc. Everything we need to know is right there.
- Sim (or simulate) your toon: Raidbots is the best place to do it (there’s Mr. Robot, too). There might be a Talent that your iffy on-SIM IT! What’s the best combo of equipment? SIM IT! Need those Pawn strings-SIM IT!
- Addons: If you don’t play WoW on a potato then get them. If your gonna sim your toon the two you are gonna need are Pawn and Simulationcraft. Icy Veins (and WowHead) has a dedicated column for each spec. And please, please, please keep them updated-hint: try WoWUP.
- Discord: There’s a Discord channel for every Class out there and every ASPECT to WoW. If you’re not sure or are intimidated, just tell people that your new or having trouble with something and nine times out of ten you’ll get a reply in that channel. It might not be the one you wanna hear…
- Lastly: Read, learn and expand your mind. Don’t be lazy. This site is WoW Lazy Macros-NOT WoW Macros for Lazy People.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.