Macros, WoW and you-yes, you

Moved a cleaned up, edited and maintained version over to: Guide: macros, WoW, you and more

4 Likes

Couple of points here…

I applaud you for being one of the few writers that actually knows enough to be buff / food / flask free when practicing on a dummy…however…

First off, when you test your stuff on a dummy, you SHOULD be using the Raid Dummy. If all you wanted was numbers, and are going to use the non - raid dummy, you could do that by just questing / farming mobs in the open world…hitting the normal dummy to get numbers is like a 30 year old biker beating up a 5trh grader…yea, you smash the crap out of it but what does it really show?

There are 3 seperate dummies to utilize -

Training Dummy - matches your current level, not much resistance…can take it to 1 health with little effort…matches open world mobs.

Raiders Training Dummy - Higher Health, “thicker skin” - will always be at least 4 levels higher than you.

Dungeoneers Training Dummy - will be 2 levels higher than you - WILL test your ability to keep your pet alive due to this dummy FIGHTS BACK!! yup, when this dummy spins, it strikes whatever is within its range, and its not a little…it can hurt.

There isa method for why we sim at the 5 minute mark…it allows for 2 complete cycles of our cooldowns and secondly it allows time for our cooldowns to be utilized to their full extent…4 minutes is ok but please practice run at 5 minutes…don’t clip yourself.

1. the 2 you mentioned are great but you also NEED to utilize places such as …

On the flip side there is a couple places to steer clear of…

https://www.askmrrobot.com/ - I know a lot of people will fight me on this one, however https://www.raidbots.com/ is just an all around easier, cleaner more accurate talent / gearing / simming site…you will get numbers closer to your average.

1. pretty much right on with this point…except for the suggestion of Mr. Robot…just, no.

2. Pawn is a useful tool, however, if you don’t Sim your toon after every single piece of gear upgrade, you will be getting false results. …and at the current time, WowUp kinda works to keep things updated but they do miss some…as of this writting you can still update through Twitch until Nov. 30th.

3. Yup, couldn’t agree with you more on this point

4. See #4

Personally, you couldn’t get any better help than hoping over to the guild Method webpage ( https://www.method.gg/ ) …now those boys know their stuff!! They are not always right up to date, but they are worth a look at.

Lastly, I would like to thank Deezyl_Fizzlepop for the help he has been giving and the suggestions he’s put forth here…he’s been a help not a hinderance on this page…thanx for your help.

Aight, imma gonna get off my soapbox now…

Happy Hunting and God Save The Queen!! ( …being Sylvanas of course…)

2 Likes

Moved a cleaned up, edited and maintained version over to: Guide: macros, WoW, you and more

Anyhoo, thanks again No54A2 or your insightful input and hope this helps out many a GSE user.
I’d love to get more feedback from others but I’m afraid the average GSE user will look at these like a deer in headlights with a blank stare.

-Deezyl

oh, there is one other site I wish people would stay away from…since in my view they are never complete or truly up to date…

As a side note, as of today my guild is #2 horde side / #6 overall on my server.

1 Like

1 Like