Marking and Prioritizing targets for a new tank

Hello my lazy friends! so im wanting to try and get into tanking, I dont mind doing my home work on mechanics but what has me worried the the Marking and Prioritizing of targets, there are a lot of different mobs in WoW and I would think it would be a little rough to remember each mob and what one should be prioritized unless it has a class type in the name. so with all this said is there any addons that could help me get over this fear of not knowing what to mark as a tank? or even some advice on the subject of marking targets? Thanks PS I wasn’t sure where to post this so I posted it here, if I posted it in the wrong place Im sorry as im new with using forums, twitch, Discord. and no I haven’t been living under a rock, I am just old XD

Try this man - I use it in a normal macro not a GSE macro and pop it once I have targeted the mob I want the DPS to attack - for example the rejuv totems in Atal’Dazar

/script SetRaidTargetIcon(“target”, 1);

Replace 1 with any number betwen 1 and 8 for the different symbols

Replace target with focus or player depending on use case

1 Like

I really appreciate it! thank you!

I have key bound F5-F12 to the raid marks. (F12 for me is the skull). Before the pull I tab through and mark healers with the skill, then second target the x (f11) then square and moon for sheep and traps (f10 and f9). Irrespective of what my macro is doing I can update the marks at anytime.

1 Like