Marksman 5.4

after a long time i changed back to my all favorite spec cause has less things to worry about.
so i started messing with a macro and this is what i have come up with.

Single Target

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=target/alt Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=target Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Rapid Fire

Aoe

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,Multi-Shot
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence STEADY SHOT,STEADY SHOT

as u see are both simple enough and as for the aoe one will remind some people the barrage talent :stuck_out_tongue:
with those 2 i saw a big raise in my dps. i hope u do too.

talents i use is:

have fun

The /alt in this line…what does it do? When I try it alt doesnt change anything.

This did improve my dps by 20k-ish. Thank you very much for sharing!

if by a random chance the serpent sting fells off the target you press alt when spamming the macro to refresh it.
as far as i have seen i have not needed it yet
and i have to say there is a mistake in macro
that i fixed now

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=target Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Rapid Fire

Chimera Shot and kill shot shared the same
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,
so ks would not fire as intended

[quote quote=10510]if by a random chance the serpent sting fells off the target you press alt when spamming the macro to refresh it.<br>
as far as i have seen i have not needed it yet<br>
and i have to say there is a mistake in macro<br>
that i fixed now

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/cast Rapid Fire

Chimera Shot and kill shot shared the same
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,
[/quote]

nice one. I may respec out of my hunters sv/mm spec into bm. I came up as BM until they introduced dual spec and went sv/mm

1 Like

here is also a macro for farming or thrash mobs in raids.
for those that do not want to waist cds.

/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=target Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot

baboulas7 Great macro. Works very well. One thing that seems amiss for me is the fact that Aimed Shot never fired. I used the same talents. Also use a G11 and have auto press set to .18 MS. Using it with out the auto key press does not make a difference. Any ideas?

Aimed Shot fires only when proced so you must check your recount and scrolling combat text to see if it is in there.
i have simple keyboard so i smash the key and sct and recount both tells me it works.
try putting the delay at 0.5 on k/b see if it works for you.
may be someone with macro keyboard could help you more.

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet on live being my hunter isn’t 90 yet and luckily ptr is still up so i can try the numbers on there with a combo of ilvl 553 gear and Glorious Conquest gear so it won’t be optimal but i can check recount to see if things are firing off.

@carl: I have a basic Sharkoon Skiller keyboard and the lowest i can get it set to is .50 ms so it might be different from your g11 per perfomance, but, i have seen a few things though while just holding down the macro keys and may differ from yours. while watching the abilities firing off (I have all the spells/skills on a separate action bar to assure they are firing off) is that with castsequence priorities that even though they are based on priorities, sometimes they fire off depending on which ever one goes off cd or which ever one actually fires off. I guess if i can break it down simplier in case that was confusing is that while looking at my extra action bar i can see all spells lighting up like they are trying to fire off but only one does and so on and so forth if that makes since. What i would suggest is that you can tweak with the reset timers on there from 0.0 - 0.9 and tweak your kb up and down a bit until you can get that equilibrium and if youre able too add all the spells on the macro to a seperate action bar and see if they are actually firing off if that makes any sense.

Im sorry if none of that makes any sense atm being Im kinda hopped up on mt. dew and had a very large cinnamon roll with all kinds of toppings on it and will probably wind up being diabetic afterwards lol.

Appreciate the replies.
I do put the abilities on my bars so i can see if they fire. I noticed it not showing in my recount expanded log. I will adjust my KS macro speed and see if i can find a sweet spot.
Once again thanks you for the macro and the replies.

[quote quote=10510]if by a random chance the serpent sting fells off the target you press alt when spamming the macro to refresh it.<br>
that i fixed now

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/cast Rapid Fire

Chimera Shot and kill shot shared the same<br>
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,<br>
[/quote]

Tested at ilvl 521 and it locked up a couple times after the burst, leveling out at around 89k. It could be that we have different gear, but that is what is going on on my end.

that i fixed now

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/cast Rapid Fire

Chimera Shot and kill shot shared the same<br>
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,<br>
[/quote]

I tested for 7min on a dummy and Arcane SHot never poped any know why?