Marksman 6.0 Bar Swapping Macro

So I’ve done some research in creating a bar swapping macro and this is my result. Works great for me and everything fires off well. I was #2 DPS in LFR with CD’s active and #5 without. I have Mend Pet in because it makes life easier when soloing stuff an for Timeless Isle. Feel free to remove it.

Single Target
Macro 1

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence Kill Shot, Steady Shot, Mend Pet
/cast !Rapid Fire
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack
/petattack

Macro 2

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Mend Pet
/swapactionbar 2 3
/targetenemy [noexists][dead][noharm]
/startattack [exists,harm,nodead]

Macro 3

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence Chimaera Shot, Steady Shot, Mend Pet
/swapactionbar 3 4

Macro 4

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence Barrage, Steady Shot, Mend Pet
/swapactionbar 4 1

For AOE, I just use the same macros, but replace Aimed Shot with Multi-Shot. You can also use a [mod] for it.

Cooldowns

#show Berserking
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] Berserking
/cast [combat] Stampede
/cast [combat] Furious Howl
/cast [combat] Aspect of the Fox

I’m a troll, so I use Berserking. Use your racial in it’s place or remove it altogether. Aspect of the Fox may be put on it’s own button as it’s more of a utility.

Talents are 3,1,2,3,3,3. If you would rather use Glaive Toss, just swap with Barrage in the macro. I went with Barrage because of the changes to talents, it has a slight edge in DPS.

Please feel free to tweak and post changes, I would love feedback!

Can you do an ELI5 on how to do this? I can’t get it to work.

I put Macro 1 on the first slot of my hotbar 1. Then Macro 2 on hotbar 2, macro 3 on hotbar 3, etc etc… But it doesn’t work?

@Adrian: put macro 1 on button 1 of bar1, macro 2 on button 1 of bar2, macro 3 on button 1 of bar 3, macro 4 on button 1 of bar 4.
Be aware if you have any bar mod (bartender, dominos …) depending on how those are configurated, the macros may not swap bars.

@Pandabomb: for a brief test the macros are working, but the dps is quite a bit under the manual rotation.

[quote quote=16203]@Adrian: put macro 1 on button 1 of bar1, macro 2 on button 1 of bar2, macro 3 on button 1 of bar 3, macro 4 on button 1 of bar 4.
Be aware if you have any bar mod (bartender, dominos …) depending on how those are configurated, the macros may not swap bars.

@Pandabomb: for a brief test the macros are working, but the dps is quite a bit under the manual rotation.
[/quote]

I did exactly this and they’re not working? I’m using ElvUI is that helps?

[quote quote=16203]@Adrian: put macro 1 on button 1 of bar1, macro 2 on button 1 of bar2, macro 3 on button 1 of bar 3, macro 4 on button 1 of bar 4.

[/quote]

Nevermind… I don’t know what the problem is. lol I am doing everything people say and it just doesn’t work. Oh well.

Panda, Your macro works Excellent! My only problem is all my bars ( I use Bartender 4 ) start flashing like a Christmas Tree as each spill is activated. Tried looking into the UI menu to fix it, but I still seem not to be able to stop the flashing. Anyone knows what I can do to stop this?

I’m not gonna lie. I don’t understand how this works at all. I may need someone to break it down for me in “dummy” terms.

Adrian: I to use ELVUI I know that when you hold shift key and roll the mouse wheel down or up it will scroll the toolbar. Not sure how that will play into this bar sealing for us. I’m not sure that we need to. Try removing the bar swap out and place the macro on the bar we already have on screen?? Test and lete know.

I disabled the bars in ElvUI and just use the standard WoW interface bars and the hotbar swapping works on my druid, but it does flash like crazy. I’m going to try these macros tonight on my hunter. I need something. My hunter went from elite to suck in one day…

Why does Blizz monkey with the macros every single release!!??! lol

I was able to modify my macro and I am getting higher DPS out of it. as soon as I get home I will update the original post to reflect the changes. If you want your bar to not flash, just put the same spells (not the macros) on all of your bars in the same spot as bar 1.

Sorry it took a while, but here is the new single target macro. 4 bars.

Bar 1

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence [nochanneling] !Aimed Shot
/cast [nochanneling] !kill Shot
/petattack
/swapactionbar 1 2

Bar 2

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence [nochanneling] Chimaera Shot
/cast {nochanneling] !Kill Shot
/swapactionbar 2 3

Bar 3

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence [nochanneling] Barrage
/cast [nochanneling] !Kill Shot
/swapatcionbar 3 4

Bar 4

#show Aimed Shot
/castsequence [nochanneling] Steady Shot, Steady Shot
/cast [nochanneling] !Kill Shot
/swapactionbar 4 1

For AOE, replace any Aimed shot with Multi-Shot.