Marksmanship 4-Piece Rotation (Updated: 11/25/15)

After much effort, I decided to continue and revise my rotation, talents, gear, etc.

My current item level is 718 for my latest parse/revision. Below will be a link directly to my armory page, for all your viewing (dis)pleasure.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Skybreeze/simple

Current talents: 3 (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimaera), 1 (Binding Shot), 1 (Exhilaration), 3 (Thrill of the Hunt), 3 (Stampede), 3 (Barrage), 3 (Lone Wolf)

*Exhilaration was taken simple to give myself a fairly large self-heal, as well as help relieve some of the strain on healers in difficult situations. So in short, it’s just a survival talent… so pick your poison on this tier.

**I currently have taken Stampede as it is a great DPS increase when used in conjunction with other talents, items, etc; however, A Murder of Crows is another great option if the encounter has frequent adds and you can keep the uptime fairly high.

***I have shifted my stance on using Glaive Toss over Barrage. Barrage is greatly superior on AoE encounters or single-target fights; however, ONLY use Barrage when Chimaera Shot is not up or within 1-3 seconds of coming off cooldown and do NOT use it when you currently have Thrill of the Hunt procs. This will mean you will simply be staring at the button a great deal of the time, but Aimed Shots do vastly more damage. If you are still concerned about using Barrage because of its quirky nature, it’s entirely understandable but note it will not have the same potency as Barrage.

Consumables:
Flask: Greater Draenic Agility Flask (250 Agility)
Food Buff: Pickled Eel (125 Critical Strike)
Rune: Empowered Augment Rune or Hyper Augment Rune
Potion: Draenic Agility Potion

*I typically use the Pickled Eel as my food of choice; however, if you can obtain 53% Critical Strike rating with only your Megawatt Filament, then by all means use another type of food (i.e. Multistrike or Haste).

And now without further delay, the rotation:

Sequences['SkyMMST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],     
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat !Kill Shot',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=9 !Chimaera Shot',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Steady Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

*You will right away notice that Barrage is not in the macro itself. This is due to the infrequency in which I get a chance to use it, thus it has its own individualized macro.

#showtooltip Barrage
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Barrage

**All of my individual cooldowns/items have their own /stopcasting macro, this is because if you need to use that button NOW, it will interrupt more than likely Steady Shot.

***My apologies if you are using a different keyboard than the one I am currently using. I’m using the QWERTY keyboard, as I’m from the US. If you are using another style of keyboard, please be sure to change the apostrophe from the QWERTY to your keyboard type.

Below I will share a screenshot of my latest parse, that will include DPS, the total of the parse, and a breakdown of the shots with their percentiles of being used.

http://i64.tinypic.com/24zhgeo.jpgParse

*For this parse, I did NOT use Draenic Agility Potions, so my numbers are a touch lower than what they should be.

**I also did not use my legendary ring proc for this parse, so again it is a touch lower than what it should be otherwise.

Getting an .lua error does not work for me can you put it in box so i can copy-paste it plz and ty…

Sure thing; sorry about that. First time posting to the site, so was a bit confused on how to make it into a box.

Oh, right. In case people were wondering why I don’t have Rapid Fire built into the trinket.

It’s mostly because I like to pick and choose when it is triggered, since if it fires off while I’m running away then it would be a wasted use. Instead, because of my talent choices I’m using this as another basic macro:

#showtooltip Stampede
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Stampede

That also being said; I have both Rapid Fire and the Mirror of the Blademaster trinket both on my bars as well if stampede is still on CD, so I can use them independently of one another.

Ty works good for me staying above 52k works for me…

Hm, I seem to be aimed shotting nowhere near as much as I should be with 4 set with this macro, unsure why. I’ll goto around 90k on burst, then drop to 25k… whereas if I were to manual I’d stay above 40k, must be something I’m doing wrong.

Hm; it could be gear I suppose. Usually when I do my parses I do 20 million damage then see where I’m at in terms of DPS. This setup averaged about 60k, sometimes on the side of 58k depending on procs/crits.

Works good, I get better DPS and not focus starved when I remove the step function from it.

I have an issue with all the posts on GS Macros… Everyone talks about what dps they are pushing out but everyone neglects to inform us what their ilvl is etc. Doesnt help saying “I push out 40k dps” when you could be fully kitted out in Mythic gear or HC gear or LFR gear…

What is your ilvl Skybreeze?

I am currently 705 iLvL; here is my armory link if you’re curious. World of Warcraft

I need help with this… When I insert the macro in GS, it comes up with a syntax error??

Can i copy/paste the macro into GS? When I do, it comes up with syntax error…

You should be able to copy paste it directly from the box; however, my keyboard is a US region one, so maybe it’s the " ’ ", I know it looks different depending on what region your KB is from.

It seems when I try to copy/paste the macro into GS, it comes up with a syntax error?

I AM from Denmark. Maybe you could teak the macro for me? I have no clue how to code it :slight_smile:

I don’t think I can edit it for you; I’m using an QWERTY keyboard and it might produce slightly different results. But everything should still be function, you just probably need to replace the apostrophes with the style your keyboard produces.

i’m amazed by the simplicity of this macro \m/

thumbs up mate…!

this little baby…(i obviously have the 4set) and the alchemy trinket…made my dps go “through the roof” !!

good work!