/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=target/1 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence Chimera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/use 10

I’ll test this out tonight as Marks is my OS. I’ll let you know after our raid, I’ll probably try it at a dummy first and foremost.

I’m using this macro…

Disclaimer: I use a Logitech G-15 keyboard to do a single keypress (No, this is not bannable), but it does cause my macros to trigger really well and some times they do not trigger as well by hand as you don’t push the button as fast as my keyboard can.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting, null
/castsequence reset=combat Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Stampede
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Glaive Toss
/cast Chimera Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/use 13
/use [@focus,exists][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

Hi there Livil,

I’ll test it out too. Yours might work better because it has CS on a separate line. My main change is move Aimed Shot up to after Serpent Sting.

Also if there is a way change the MD to a tank if possible. For your pet it works fine when your soloing, but for raiding you want to MD to the tank

Ok this works well. A few notes though

** Serpent Sting does get refreshed but at the last possible second. In heavy moving fights you would have to re-apply Serpent Sting manually. My suggestion is to move up in the macro lines.

** Aimed Shot does go off but not instantly after it procs. My suggestion is to move it up a few.

** Also Dire Beast is considered a DPS loss because of the 3 second cast delay of it. On fights where adds come out a certain point in time (Like Elegon’s orbs of power) Dire Beast is considered a waste and will hurt your DPS.

** I’m not a fan of Stampede in a macro. I usually save this to go off with Heroism / Bloodlust usually.

I have made edits to your macro and with those edits I get about 65,000 DPS with Item Level 494 (PvE).

/cast Aimed Shot!
/cast Chimera Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/use 13

[quote quote=6089]/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting, null
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Dire Beast
/cast Chimera Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/use 13[/quote]

Honestly nothing really wrong. Remove Dire Beast it’s a waste for MM / Surv.

DPS is low though, Item Level 494 I’m getting about 58,000 DPS.

[quote quote=6079]i think i have a working macro for 5.2
try it out

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=target/1 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence Chimera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/use 10
[/quote]

since when the dire beast became a 3 second cast?

and if u are not happy with these macros why don’t u make a one on your own and share it with the rest of us?

Bab,

The whole point of this is to collectively come together to improve macros. I’m absolutely open to criticism. I’ll check it out!

Oh, Dire Beast should absolutely be used. It’s an instant cast not a three second cast. It not only does damage, but also generates Focus.

[quote quote=6095]since when the dire beast became a 3 second cast?

and if u are not happy with these macros why don’t u make a one on your own and share it with the rest of us?

[/quote]

Its not that DB isn’t a bad talent. But think about this logically. If your on orb duty on Elegon, you have six seconds to DPS down one orb. If you use Dire Beast (and I have both tried this and seen this from others) the delay during that time will cause you to miss your orb. The reason being is the animation, not the spell itself. The animation stops your auto attack, and you can’t do anything. While Dire Beast is going off you have 1.5 seconds before you can use any spells. Also after the 1.5 seconds and once you initiate Auto Attack your next spell can’t be used for another 1.5 seconds on the GCD. So that’s 3 seconds right there wasted on a boss fight because of Dire Beast when you only have six seconds to down an orb.

Dire Beast is a better talent for Beast Mastery as Kill Command if it hits hard enough can kill an orb really fast. For Survival or Marksman, Dire Beast is not considered a worthy talent.

The same argument is taken for Glaive Toss vs Barrage. Barrage is uncontrolled AoE and can pull everything in sight, yet it does 50-60% more damage than Gliave Toss.

While talents are supposed to be optional, I put them them here in what it takes to be a hardcore raider.

As for coming up with my own macros, I have many of them. Just look in the Destro ones, Survival Hunters, Mistweavers, and all other classes. I was the first one to post 5.0 macros when the expansion came out as Michael Lynch (I changed my name to Moon as that is my character)

You get more bang from your buck from Thrill of the Hunt over Dire Beast for MM and Surv. With Dire Beast you get focus back, which is wonderful, but see how much focus your losing with how many cobra shots your doing. You will be at 60-75% at all times. With Thrill of the Hunt instead of giving you free focus they are giving you free arcane and multi shots. In a raid for example like Horridon where you have to kill a number of adds (non LFR either), you need to do as many mutlishots as you can. If your Survival it will help spread your Serpent Sting and for Marksman it helps proc Wild Quiver. So in most situations where you will be DPSing down a boss with adds, Thrill of the Hunt is the better talent.

If you want straight focus go with Fervor than. Dire Beast doesn’t regen enough focus compared to the other two talents in the line.

Well,

I tested out your macro revisions and it breaks it for me. I adjusted my macro slightly, but I’m holding 37-38k dps on a dummy for periods in excess of 10 minutes and I’m level 88 with 421 item level. I don’t currently have Glaive Toss, so I may have to adjust my macro slightly once I’ve reached 90, but as I posted above I don’t have issues with my macro firing off correctly with Chimera Shot. I use a Logitech G15 keyboard and it can press buttons much faster then a human can. (Which is not a bannable offense)

Current Macro (without Glaive Toss):

/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=combat Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Stampede
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Dire Beast
/cast Chimera Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire

Generally these types of macros aren’t good for “Hard Core Raiding” as they’re not optimal. There’s always some type of hitch in the macro that could be done better by hand. When I ding 90 tomorrow or the next day I’ll try out Thrill of the Hunt rather than Dire Beast and drop Glaive Toss into it’s spot in the macro.

sorry about that m8 but many people come in here and trying to be smart on people that actualy trying to do something. next time let us know if u change your name again lol :stuck_out_tongue:

ask for the dire beast thing i will use it cause so far is some more dps better than not to use it at all. besides all sites say that mm is the least dps output from hunter specs with beast master being first.

so i cant say anything more i just gave a macro

with the macro i gave at first page i got 120k dps at horridon.
maybe it was some buffs or something but here is a proof for it.

Livil I know you said your macro was not optimal but did like this line added /use [@focus,exists][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

so i tried it out in my macros. Well I was pretty flabbergasted by the results. Sure it will be awesome soloing with the glyph but on the dummies I lost 20k max dps and 10k min dps just by using the one line. Just thought I would mention it - I think that mainly happened to me because i got the glyph for pet and it was using it every rotation.

For raids this would be good and lose practically no dps. This way you can always not use a focus and it won’t do anything so it’s optional. For example - egads this tank sucks I better put him on focus! lol

/use [@focus,exists][help] Misdirection

this macro is a one i gave to this cite ages ago with full description on what it does.
it was supposed to be on a separate button so to be used accordingly.
i cant find it now to link it i hope mike can add the link of the description

You will see a major difference in Thrill of the Hunt vs Dire Beast.

Here is my Armory. I have a weird thing with my toons. If our Hunter doesn’t show I bring my Hunter (better AoE DPS) but if our Hunter shows I bring my Warlock.

Many of the top raiding guilds for DPS use macros. I still remember sites that got shut down by Blizzard years ago because they provided these extra resources. Even one guild didn’t get credit for their kill because someone in the raid was using an automation program (fully – Going AFK in the other room)

While I don’t claim the biggest hardcore guild around, my guys are pretty good and we finish up very high on the server. Macros do work well in this expansion because to be honest your not standing still for more than 10 seconds in a normal or heroic raid. I feel bad for Mages (wife plays one) and she can’t cast and move at the same time. These macros are a life saver with all the movement fights around now a days.

As for my Armories:

Hunter: World of Warcraft
Warlock: World of Warcraft

Michael,

Is there a way to take the focus part and turn it into something like this:

/use [@maintank,exists][…]

What I’m looking for is not to cast it on a focus but on the main tank in the raid. I’ve noticed on Horridon, that the tank can’t get all the adds. Now for now I use JSMD as an a simple way to misdirect, but if there was a way to do it in a macro I would love it. I don’t know if Blizzard though went through that API (I haven’t had the time as I’m working on restarting BeneCast for healers)

[quote quote=6125]Livil I know you said your macro was not optimal but did like this line added /use [@focus,exists][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

so i tried it out in my macros. Well I was pretty flabbergasted by the results. Sure it will be awesome soloing with the glyph but on the dummies I lost 20k max dps and 10k min dps just by using the one line. Just thought I would mention it – I think that mainly happened to me because i got the glyph for pet and it was using it every rotation.

For raids this would be good and lose practically no dps. This way you can always not use a focus and it won’t do anything so it’s optional. For example – egads this tank sucks I better put him on focus! lol

/use [@focus,exists][help] Misdirection
[/quote]