Marksmanship Lazy Macro – 4.3

Back again with another hunter no brain macro. Since I was on his hunter and his offspec was marksman, said sure why not make one for it. This one is another spammable 1 button macro.
Don’t forget to hold a modifier for Aimed Shot.

/castsequence [mod]Aimed Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter's Mark,null
/castsequence Steady Shot
/castsequence Kill Command,Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Chimera Shot,Chimera Shot,Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED July 28, 2011: Added Arcane Shot to the rotation for extra DPS (Thanks Ashley for the idea).
UPDATED February 18, 2011: Rapid Fire was being casted too quick after Readiness preventing to use the full duration. Trinkets were removed to be able to fix the Rapid Fire overlapping.

1 Like

Hi Luis, first off, thank you for your time in developing these macros…I have 6 lvl 85 toons and due to these macros I can select any toon and play without having to think too much about it.
My problem is with the modifier. When pressing Alt (which is the modifier) this seems to work but it does not activate the spell which in this case is Arcane shot, yet if i mouse click on it while holding the alt key it will work…any sugestions as to why or is it just me … this is the macro
/castsequence [mod:alt]Aimed Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter’s Mark,null
/castsequence Steady Shot
/castsequence Kill Command,Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot
/use 13
/use 14

Everything else works fine except the modifier
The Alt Modifier works on my other toons ok
Cheers Beejay

Hello Beejay, I wil try to give it a look tonight and check if there is a problem.

Back again Beejay, It’s definitely working right. I did not have any trouble using the modifier Alt with the lazy macro. Sorry it took a while but was involved in the new website for a bit.

What it could be happening is one of your addOns is blocking the modifier, like an action bar addOn or even a keybind.
So try to reset your keybinds in the game or disable any other addOns for this particular character since the modifiers work in other characters.

why wouldnt u use cobra shot instead of steady shot???

chrisnova:
why wouldnt u use cobra shot instead of steady shot???

Hello Chrisnova, I try to read all the guides in Elitist Jerks before I put together these macros. Here you can find an explanation why I chose Steady Shot and not Cobra Shot.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t112408-cataclysm_4_2_marksmanship_guide/#6_2_1_Steady_Shot_versus_Cobra_Shot

Thank you for you work, it os perfect for alters :wink:
Could you make a macro for mm with multi-shot for area pulls?
Thank you in advance

A friend of mine told me that Rapid Fire was being casted too quick after Readiness was resetting it, preventing to use the full duration of the cooldown.
So after a while I finally tricked the macro and found a way to prevent from casting it right away by adding a spell similar amount it needs to wait in seconds before recast Rapid Fire again.
Adding 2 Chimera Shots in between did the trick, since they have to be part of the rotation it does not affect anything.
The only downside was that I had to sacrifice the trinket slots from the macro, but most trinkets now are passive and Rapid Fire lasting the full amount twice I think is worth it. :slight_smile:

If you want the trinkets back in the macro really bad, there is always macro extender addons to help you increase the amount of characters and then you can make them fit under the rest of the macro.