Moon's Combat Rogue - Shoot The Cannons!

Yep, to really get this working the best, it would be best to create second keys or modifiers for all the finishers. That way you’re not over-capping on combo points. This does take some time to get used to and fundamentally you need to know the rotation like the back of your hand. It will be difficult on fights in raids and M+ at higher keys.

Eventually, Blizzard is going to have to go away from the FF14 architecture, and more to a fluid system similar to that of DH, and DKs (and other classes). The whole priority thing that Blizzard did years ago, is starting to backfire.

Classes like Shadow Priests, Rogues, Kitty Druids, and even WW Monks are going to be need to pruned eventually to make life easier. DF has shown that classes that are easier to learn, are doing better overall, including Resto Druids vs Resto Shammies, or even DHs versus Rogues in this case.

i do appreciate what you do. so even tho people might complain about numbers still great of you to do what you do

Thank you. I take a lot of time to work on these, and while my updates are fewer and far between than they used to be, it’s because the rotation at 60-69 is much different than that of 70. Things tend to change from haste numbers like in Rogue’s case, to rotational differences due to certain abilities like that of WDP or RSK with the 2 PC.

I would like Blizzard to start implementing class-wide changes not talent-by-talent or spell-by-spell changes, which make things hard. Look at the overall picture not at the specific one. Many changes need to be done, and Blizzard wants to do them specifically, but in reality, it’s the entire class that is just trash. Look at Fire Mages and Frost Mages currently, they do no damage compared to other classes or even Arcane. Better yet, Arcane is doing good in LFR/N/H raids but is doing terribly in Mythic content.

This isn’t a tuning or balancing issue, it’s more so that they got so detailed with the new talent system that they shot themselves in the foot. MM is another class that is way over-bloated but in a passive and active way. Including Exo Shot and then during Volley or MM into a variation of Exo Shot is redundant and not needed. This same thing goes with Serpent Sting as well.

I haven’t played every spec or class but I am seeing so many bad changes in regards to this new talent re-design that I feel like as a macro author, I have to make changes to the macros on a week-by-week basis which is causing me headaches as I don’t have that kind of time as a CMO and Senior Developer I just don’t have the time to come home and code more because Blizzard is beta testing classes like Google does.

1 Like

Well thought out and well said. I appreciate your insight on this. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

Anyone have any advice when it gets stuck what I might be able to try short of vanish to leave the fight?

Thanks

How is yours getting stuck? Are you running the macro faster than intended? I have never seen mine get stuck.

I do appreciate the work, hope it didn’t come across as otherwise. My frustrations is a bit in the class, not the macros.
Just, as an Outlaw rogue, if anything at all drops off, your damage is wet noodle.
With the Outlaw macros available, Between the Eyes simply do not have (and, perhaps, cannot have) enough uptime, because we can’t ensure it activates with a decent amount of combo points. And it is a massive, massive reduction in DPS to not have it active as much as possible.
I wonder if it’d be prudent to have it not be in the macro at all, but then people might complain that it isn’t “one-button” anymore.
SnD isn’t a massive loss if activated on low combo points, but Between the Eyes and Dispatch really is.

I am not technical but here is my best shot at explaining:

I have razer synapse set to 100ms play while pressed.

Usually what happens is I will lift off the key and hotkey another skill like crimson vile and then switch back to the macro and it will cycle, but not fire any skills. I have tried switching targets, stopping autoattack, manually firing various skills. The only thing that will fix it is getting out of combat.

I noticed last night that the macro was firing my trinket, maybe that is doing it? I disabled it and will test just in case that is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Dispatch will fire off at 5 CP due to the nature of Pistol Shot and Sinister Strike. As for BTE, the DPS numbers have come back and it’s not a finisher that really does a lot. The secondary buff, which is the crit effect of a standard 20% is the only good use of it. Dispatch is still a better finisher overall. SnD should not even be a spell, to be honest, this has been a Rogue complaint for many years.

For BTE, if you have low crit, then yes it becomes very valuable, but if you have good crit, similar to if you have a good amount of Haste things will work a lot better. Season 1 of Dragonflight, is showing that we don’t have some of the stats that we want or are accustomed to in SL which is causing a drop off in DPS numbers.

The issue is that Outlaw wants Mastery and Haste, but Blizzard keeps changing the metric. Again this is due to the ever-changing world of balance.

I am hoping my macro is a good starting point for someone who wants to spend the time theory-crafting the rotation to get not just a good general rotation down but one that makes a bigger impact for the meters. The one final point I want to make is if you’re judging this rotation on 355-item level gear, then you need to get better gear. Get a full set of 400-item-level gear and you will see a difference from what others have told me and you’ll be on top of any meters with this macro. I can’t test that because my Rogue isn’t that geared.

I saw a similar issue with iCUE this week on my Hunter when switching from ST to AOE. I think it’s on Blizzard’s side as it’s not registering the key press. I have seen this before many years ago and it’s usually a bug on their systems.

I get the same thing. It might be once in a dungeon run, or multiple times. IT jsut sists there cycling doing nada.

If I triger shadow dance or do a SS manually, it seems to kick back into life and be good again. But it’s totally ranom whena nd how often it happens.

Other than that I’m totally lloving the macro. I am macthing/beating better geared players with it.

1 Like

Yeah, everyone isn’t experiencing this.
I have it, but Rogue is the only class where I encounter this problem.

I can mention this with confidence, it’s on Blizzard’s end. It’s how the push button you do on your system and then registers on Blizzard’s system from your spellbook.

The issue with the new talent system is that there are more spells to include for each class and spec, and does cause lag on Blizzard’s servers which is what we are seeing here.

There isn’t much we can do to fix this issue, the only thing to make sure of is that you are on an Ethernet connection and not Wi-Fi because WiFi due to being wireless can cause lag spikes. The other thing is to see your Home Latency versus your World Latency and check. If your World Latency is high, it probably won’t register button clicks as it should.

While I never have mentioned this if you are in the US, you have basically 3 data center zones, I know this from my time at Blizzard. Lightbringer, for example, is one of the original server clusters and is near and dear to me because it’s the main server I did all the net code and DB structure back in the day on. Lightbringer is located in Irvine, CA at Blizzard HQ, whereas Area 52 for example is located in NY, as I know where all the data centers are. Just because it says West or East doesn’t really say the location where the cluster is. For example, Proudmoore is located at the AT&T CoLo in San Diego. So if you are experiencing a lot of World Latency is because you are not close enough to the server cluster. Nobody is to blame here, just how Blizzard pushes the information.

1 Like

Thanks Moonsorrow. I am also a System Engineer, so Im all over the whole latency thing, it is interesting about the GEO Locs though. Thankfully in australia there isnt many pales they can put it and mine is alaws nice and low 20-30ms.

Hopegully they pull their fingers out as I really love this macro. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ben

The Aussie data centers, I know are mainly located in Sydney but there is DB in another part of the country for DR.

Most of the DC for the US are all in the LA / Orange County area, the bulk of them are in Irvine either at Blizzard HQ (the first 21) and the others are at two data centers, one at Alvaka Networks and the other at Equinix DCs in LA. The midwest ones are all located in Colorado, and some are located in Austin, not all of them though. East coast servers are in NY, towards Albany.

As for EUR servers, the majority of them are in Ireland, while some are located in Germany and Italy.

I did enough building during my time, I still manage them from time to time if needed. Interesting note, Mike Ybarra was one of my junior admins when I was there, I still chat from time to time and when needed, he calls me in to do some work during server expansion time.

This is why I tell everybody here if you’re using iCUE and stuff, you’re not going to get banned, I know how the code works.

Also to note, as a Systems Engineer, all switches, are Cisco but Routers are Brocade. There was a plan years ago to move them off to Sophos Switches as they are now more reliable than Cisco. I know you can’t go wrong by buying Cisco but others like Juniper have brought better quality to the table.

1 Like

I know this has been asked alot but is the macro great for mplus i know you keep fine tuning it but is the the maximum potential you can do with out law rogue? on this macro if that make sense

Love the macro - but sometimes it kinda locks up or something? like i have to press escape or just press some other button to get it unstuck? i’m not sure whats causing it since i’m quite bad with things like this.

Using Logitech Ghub and running it at 100ms.

Yes and no. I will start with No because you need to manually do your finishers, that is how you will get a better number. What I gave you is a good amount, that follows the rotation and will do 92% of what the Sims want. So yes it will do the rotation but it will also overcap the combo points in some cases, and there is no real way to fix that because of the RNG of combo point addition. This is why it’s best to have the finishers on separate keys or built into a macro with shift, alt, and ctrl. While it sucks, to be honest, this is what you might have to do.

Now to explain the no part more, if you have a high amount of haste and good energy regen, you won’t need the modifier keys to keep up, or even dominate. But its going to depend on gear.

Check your settings in GHub, on iCUE it doesn’t lock up. Make sure you have a delay in your settings. The delay should be 100 ms. When I or others say ms rate, that is what we mean.

@Moonsorow do you have a verison of this marco without finishers ? like one i can do manual finishers.