Most GSE'able Class/Spec

Been lurking around this place for years… Creating, consuming, chatting. Popped into my head the other day I usually stick to my own played classes, so I decided I wanted to do a poll of sorts…

What, in your opinion, is the ‘most’ “macro’able” class and/or spec in WoW? Which one can be GSE’d and play like you knew what you were doing? What uses abilites properly instead of spamming?

My opinion would be almost any Tank, but Paladin and DK seem to land near the top to me.

Thoughts?

This will be an interesting Question for BfA i think, with the GCD change.
For now, most classes can played well with macros (if you dont mind using modifier / more than one button).
I had good parses with several classes (+90%, ele & enh. shaman, assa rogue, DH)
But the only class i am constantly get good parses is the BM hunter (Gween´s macro).
The best you can do is making a patchwerk sim vs dummy test 10m+.
Classes that i find difficult for to using macros are: Fury warrior, Demo Warlock, Outlaw Rogue, Survival Hunter.

It would be BM Hunter in my Opinion… Very Simple to Macro.
I run this for both Single and AOE, it will change for BFA, but
for now it rocks.
BM Hunter

I like this answer, it’s not limited to just 1 class as the best and mentions classes that while they do work, may have issues.

Best is still subjective and should be based on what you WANT to play and not what the NUMBERS look like.

Not all classes can hit the same numbers AND be #1 all the time.

I’ve been using Cym’s Demo one for my Lock? Seems to be doing really really well. (I’ve been doing normals at 120.)

You just gotta know some of the class’s I think. With you know the “procs” and so forth. And yeah, The GCD’s.

Seems like this time around, We not just gonna be mashing the macro. We gotta improvise a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

BM Hunters, no doubt. I’ve tried and messed up with all classes in this game and nothing get awesome results like them, followed close by WW Monks (this can be debatable, perhaps).

I laughed so hard that I snorted.

The amount of work a WW macro needs to be efficient and competitive is absurd.

I do agree that BM Hunter is definitely the easiest and most efficient to macro. After BM Hunter, Blood DK.

For PVP?

NOT spriests (unless you put Void Torrent on its own keybind—but that is going to be talented in BFA anyway).

Any other class/spec is fair game

I tried doing ele shaman with GSE, but the amount of procs and Eartshock management I found was not easily doable with GSE…so I just leveled a BM hunter instead…maybe I was doing something wrong (I probably am) but I found BM hunter and Unholy DK/blood DK to be pretty doable with one button macro and Razer macro and Also got Good parses.

I think it would be cool to add a Forum page/Discord chat area where you can post/screen shot of your parses with your class…that is using one button macro. That way we can know the full potential of these lazy macros.

Any ways If you have some tips with Ele shaman please let me know…I just found it to be really clunky

Ele shaman needs really more than one button to be good. I was using macro + five or more buttons. Take a look up right, we have discord :slight_smile:

So, which DPS specs besides BM can do pretty well in raids?
I wanna try to main some lazy dps in BFA, but never used it in raids.

Perhaps you haven’t tried Asimov’s WW macro then… The numbers it puts out are amazing.

Agreed whoever said monk’s are hard is a moron…

Ive put up some crazy parses.

I think in all honesty it comes down to each individual knowledge of macro scripting as well as class knowledge itself. sure some cases will be easier than others when starting out much like how classes play. but the better one knows their class and knows how to get a macro to do what they want the line for what class is better becomes blurred.

throw in the GCD changes and for macros, it gets even easier

so far all the classes I’ve done they have all been the same in difficulty, UHdk had its moments as there is a bit to juggle but that was offset with my knowledge of the DK class in general.

I mean if you want to be extremely lazy and go the path of least resistance and chose something like BM that’s fine, the class is basic without macros so you won’t impress anyone topping meters because of its BM

On the other end of the spectrum…
Would anybody agree that Fire Mages might be the LEAST macro-friendly spec in the game?
I can’t even come close to maximizing output.
Such a finicky spec. ???

I would add to my previous post that any class that depends on (what I call) ‘placements’ in their rotation; these would be (some) of the resto shaman totems/Gift of the Queen, spriest shadow crash, hunter specs that are trap-dependent, etc.

This is because you either end up doing one of the following:

1.) Not aiming the placement in the place that you need it—when you need it.
2.) Not using the ability because you couldn’t macro it and then forget you have it because it is on a separate keybind.
3.) GSE just doesn’t like it and therefore won’t cast it.

p.s. Watch out for specs that GSE mana/focus/energy/rage starves; Resto Shaman is one example.

Right now Gween’s BM hunter is without question the best. It actually outperforms most players, especially in long fights where fatigue and errors can become a factor. However, Gween is unlikely to return and grace us with an updated version for BFA and even if he did, the GCD change in BFA may make the BM Hunter less reliable. I’ve tested several classes and specs in BFA and to my surprise Fire Mage actually runs extremely well. The GCD actually improves the macro slightly. I won’t say it will be the best in BFA, it’s far to early for those types of predictions, but I’m digging it.

Actually I had better luck with a couple of different BM macros over Gween’s… There are a couple of good BM macros out there that compare.

[quote quote=60296]I would add to my previous post that any class that depends on (what I call) ‘placements’ in their rotation; these would be (some) of the resto shaman totems/Gift of the Queen, spriest shadow crash, hunter specs that are trap-dependent, etc.
This is because you either end up doing one of the following:
1.) Not aiming the placement in the place that you need it—when you need it. 2.) Not using the ability because you couldn’t macro it and then forget you have it because it is on a separate keybind. 3.) GSE just doesn’t like it and therefore won’t cast it.
p.s. Watch out for specs that GSE mana/focus/energy/rage starves; Resto Shaman is one example.[/quote]

This is exactly why most of my placements are on mods as well as manually using my defensives. A macro will never know if you’re taking damage or not and then you blow that 3 min CD for no reason at all

It’s actually a really interessting question indeed.
As someone who has all classes at 110 I frequently switch between them and no matter if it’s frowned upon or not it’s always more fun if you high on the dps/hps chart :wink:

As someone with a formal education in coding I understand how GSE works and also how the priorities and rotations work, however one of the reasons why I’m here is that I’m lazy so I’ve only been copying other peoples work :stuck_out_tongue:

This expansion I’ve decided I want to make my own macros, instead of being a hardcore raider (which I can’t because of family life) I’ll give macro writing a try… As John Q only confirms I have a sneaking suspision that once I get started and dig down into it, it will start getting easier to do the same for other classes.

I hope to contribute with some great macros in the future :slight_smile: