Multi cast bar macro tutorial.

Ok well that sort of sets my mind at ease a bit - I only use it for very short intervals anyway and mainly only on my warrior and yeah it’s not like you can walk away from the keyboard either. You still have to manually move and in my case manually hit alt/ctrl for Deadly Calm/Heroic Strike spam or Wild Strike.

In any case thank you Gen for ticketing that as I was going to do that myself.

no comment. and next time be more polite. i am not your mom

[quote quote=5488]

Gen Coupe wrote: And feed it to me as well. Now buzz off.
no comment. and next time be more polite. i am not your mom [/quote]

Dont expect politeness when you like to poke your brown nose without being productive :slight_smile: now lets keep this conversation on track.

@ MJ. No worries man. Happy to clears some of the things for all of us here.

Well the way I see it is some of us may have disabilities and cannot use our arm/hand/wrist as we should be able to. Personally I currently have tennis elbow and frozen shoulder in the same arm which also happens to be my main arm I use so anything helps.

I can think of hundreds of other things wrong with the human body that would make the use of this particular program extremely helpful to others. After all the game is meant to be enjoyed which isn’t the case when one is in pain from playing.

Hmm I would like to try to understand this as well.They way I (miss) understand this is when having 3 hotbars and applied to key 1,2,3.The player hits 1,2 and 3 and repeat and rinse the same keys…wanted to play a mage with this system but am still a but macro illiterate.So please humor me and explain gentle :slight_smile:

And thank you

Fred to use 3 hotbars the players hits only 1 key - we make an example key 2 for you. You put macro 1 on key 2 for hotbar 1 - you put macro 2 on key 2 for hotbar 2 - you put macro 3 on key 2 for hotbar 3. The hotbars change when you hit key 2. When you hit key 2 repeating the hit it will change from hotbar 1 to 2 to 3 then back to 1 casting spells ready from each macro.

So you only press the one key not key 1,2,3. You can however have many macro sets on dofferent keys for different reasons. For example you could have another set of macros for AOE and you would put them on a different key for all 3 hotbars. I hope this explains better.

Thanks Michael for trying to be more clear but I’m still hesitate about this,there would not be a step by step youtube guide out there,would it.lol

I just have to play with this and try to get a bette understanding of this.

OK I am trying this,and not sure if done correctly.How would I know if all hot bars being used?I see the action bars below jumping between 1 and2 but that means little to me.

If you are using only 2 macros and the hotbars are switching between 1 and 2 it is working correctly as long as each macro is on the same keybind - in the above example keybind 2.

If you are using 3 hotbars and it is switching between 1 and 2 but not to 3 then something is wrong. The in game shortcut to hotbars is shift X where X is the hotbar you want to load.

Also make sure you duplicate all the other spells on those hotbars that are switching. What particular macro set are you trying to multi hotbar? this would help a lot if you are having any problems.

You originally mentioned you wanted to use 3 hotbars so at the bottom of macro hotbar 2 has to be the command

/swapactionbar 2 3

And at the bottom of macro 3 has to be the command

/swapactionbar 3 1

this is so it goes back to hotbar 1.

Oh I think I just detected my mistake.I did not duplicate all the other spells in the second macro.That might account for some of my misconception.The toon I’m testing this with is hopefully going to be my new flagship before WOW dies off.He is still rather low (level 36) but by implementing the available spells at my level,I hope to learn how to use these macros correctly.

This far this is what I’m using;

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague

And those are the spells also available to me.Atm I might not need a second macro…DPS seemed to be a bit low atm.Latecy is round 114 home and world.

Thanks.

To some of you this might get old but this is how I have hot bar 1 and 2 set up.

Please check it and any advice be welcome:

Hotbar #1/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/swapactionbar 1 2

Hotbar#2: /cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadow Word: Death
/swapactionbar 1 2

I’m level 46 atm…some how this does not feel right and my dps seem a bit low comapring to others and also I don’t see "mind breaker popping or SW;D popping out.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Fred

This is my setup and it works perfectly - does everything when it should.

Party and solo macros

Hotbar 1 - my key bind for this is 2 and is used for soloing/dungeons and when a boss in raids is below 20% health.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast Power Word: Shield
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noexists][dead][noharm]

Hotbar 2

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadow Word: Death
/swapactionbar 1 2

Raid macros

Hotbar 1 - I put this on key bind 3.

/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/swapactionbar 1 2

Hotbar 2

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mindbender
/swapactionbar 1 2

From what I gathered from above macro’s on Hot Bank 2 is that I do not need to copy first macro #1 followed by macro# as I did in my example.

I miss understood prior instructions then!

Thank you kindly!

Fred.

Mr.michaeljackson, following your example for a BM hunter , using 3 hotbars I keep flipping 2 bars only.Not sure how to make action bar availeble by unchecking right bar which makes it not viseble on my screen?

Trying with bartender 4 as well but to no success,I must be the biggest stooge in this.
BTW the S’priest information prior given works like a charm with two bars flipping.

Fred.

Fred the hotbar has to be enabled and showing on your screen to make it work so go to your settings and enable the 3rd one you want to use.

For bartender hotbar swapping has been disabled by default, but its still there! Turn it back on in the settings, Bar X -> State Configuration -> ActionBar Paging etc. where X is the hotbar number you want to enable swapping.

Hallo everyone,

I really new to macros, especially multicast bar ones, read thru a lot of posts, but still dont get the way to use the macros right.I am using Macaroon (or whats called now) to build up long macros. (maybe this ist wrong or ineffective?

1. Am I suppossed to press the button once for the macro to work, or several times? Or spam it? Sorry, but I didnt get it from the posts.
  2. If not using Macaroon or similar, should I seperate the long macros into several buttons, in different buttons in the cast bars? I hope I got this right.

Please help, its a lot of posts in herre of which Im really thankful, but despite my patience with reading, I just can’t read them all.

Thanks a lot.

Anyone can help please?

Hey guys, I play prot warrior, I would like to know:

If I place my macros in spot 1 on each cast bar, where do I place my protection spell like Shield barrier?

Do I put it as an example in spot 2 on every cast bar so no matter on which cast bar you on atm it will always fire?

Hello everyone !

I have a question about the Multi cast bar macros.

Since I can’t use the 1 button macro anymore, I want to use the Swap bar macros.

I found on the forum a great explanation about how it works with Bartender to set it up.
But I am using Elvui and I can’t figure it out how I have to set up the actionbars so that I have Bar 1, Bar 2 and Bar 3 on the same keybinding (button 2), how to set them up so that I can use the swap bar macros.

Could someone be so kind to explain to me what I have to fill in in the configuration of the actionbars to get it that way please ?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Anyone who wants to help me out please ?

Thanks !