My First Macro (Leveling)

ah ok, im new to this … so wasnt sure if i did anything wrong while importing it. but definitely thankful for this

Thanks everyone for the conversation its great to work together to make improvements and try to figure out issues. :slight_smile:

I am also new to creating these types of macros so not sure about the tool tips? if someone would like to point out how to do that on future versions I would be happy to include them :slight_smile:

1 Like

has anyone fought something long enough for reset=15 to work? i think timer macros were broken by blizzard but i could be wrong.

EDIT: yup i just tested the new posted macro, timers dont work the way they use to in vanilla. the timer gets reset after ever time the macro is pressed. youd have to click macro then wait 15 seconds and click again to get it to work, cant be spammed.

Quick question, when I get an upgrade to the spell does it automatically go in the macro?

EDIT: I assume you mean if same spell upgrade, in that case yes. But remember classic has spellranks, so sometimes you need to downrank to conserve mana. Then you do forex
/cast or /castsequence spellname Rank 1 (2, 3…, and so on.

Example (Note this must be a sequential macro (i.e raid/dung to keep mana uptime)
/cast [Spell](rank 5)
/cast [Spell](rank 4)
/cast [Spell](rank 3)

You can also add modifiers to hold in to cast forex a lower spell with shift, ctrl or alt when this is put in a line in keypress in gse

Example
This is manin sequences
/cast [nomod][@mouseover][Spell](rank 1)

This in keypressmacro area
/cast [mod:shift][@mouseover][Spell](rank 2)

Of course you dont have to use [@mouseover] and such if not needed, just remove [conditionname]

BTW: I think you can also do (not 100% sure this one, try it out) :slight_smile:

/castsequence Spell (Rank), Spell (Rank), Spell (Rank) etc…

Checkout Downrank spell macros? - #25 by Iandore-thrall - WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

Are you talking to me?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I was a little quick to assume and misunderstand the question of yours, and I apologize for that. Please don’t be offended. I updated my post to explain as best I could your question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome, again sorry my confusion first. It’s late, let’s leave it like that lol. :wink:

EDIT: Forget about it, this just spams the skill… Yours should work if you tested it. :slight_smile:

I am not 100 % sure about following but instead of reset condition, can this work?. Asking of curiousity :slight_smile: Gse comes up green with this, so should work also. :stuck_out_tongue:

/castsequence [combat] [if unbuffed, Corruption] Corruption, null
/castsequence [combat] [if unbuffed, Curse Of Agony] Curse of Agony, null

@azidtrip, its okay about the confusion. I have done the same thing.

1 Like

please share a working macro for leveling
thx

Back in the old days the macro system was far more powerful than today. You could have conditional sequences like ask the server if the target has a specific buff or debuff, or is a player or npc. And you could combine these conditionals to very powerful macros.
I made macros for my fury warrior back then which checked if the target had less than 30% life, and if so checked my rage if it was above 90%. if both conditions are met it changed from 2 one hadend weapons to a twohanded, executed the target and changed back to my one handed weapons.
Since we now use a modified Legion client something like that is not possible anymore.

WOTLK client. That’s what I read at least.

The client is based on a fork of the 7.3.5 Legion client - That´s what i read at least, but there was a post stating that they updated this to a fork of the 8.0 client. But that is not officially answered to.

Really?. Seems there is alot of guessing around. But anyways it doesnt matter much. I belive the macrosystem is the same since wotlk or something. Not sure tought.

Here at Blizzcon presentation Omar Gonzales showed the very first tests on the 7.3.5 client version…forward to 12:45

@azidtrip The macro system has changed significantly with each version since BC. MOP and Legion have had the biggest effect since BC on what macro can and cant do.

Its actually using the BfA API for macros currently.