Mythic+ MM Macro - Updated 10-Jan-2021

Thanks for the macro.
May I know what should I do when I switch pack of mobs in M+?
I discovered that occasionally, arcane shots would over spam resulting as top damage instead of aimed shot?
There is no issue with training dummy it works great.

I did add a “/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Multi-Shot, null” into the AOE so it would initially multi-shot once on each new pack, but that’s the limit of my changes. Not had much chance for any other tuning as I’ve been mostly tanking on DH and Druid.

At the training dummies, my dps is about 6.5K average.
This was on 3 dummies for 2 mins and over 3 tries (6.2, 6.5, 6.8).

However at m+ I noticed that my overall dps seems lower and Aimed Shot tend to over capped.
For context, my ST dps on dummy is 4K+.

Any suggestion, what I can do?
Add another line of cast Aimed Shot into the AOE macro?

Here’s one I was tinkering with, see if it works for you:

dy0Eeaakqvofa1Sur3sOSlbHFjsddrogswMk9meAAcCnIyBa5BesJdu4CcH1ji6EcknqcXbrGfQcpeuYefKCrcIncQQpsKkJuqXjjOwjrkEPGuZuq1nrq7Ks9tIu1qbvSuqrpvvtfqxLGKTcQ0xji1BjWDru7fAWkoSulwi9ykMmL0LjTzHOpduJMqDAr9AHQzJu3MsSBL(nvnCrCCqPwoipNkth11jQTdq67ejJhG48ay9eP0(LmsHarBk8jKWyF4Xiq6fsaAFrG4dSP1LD4tfJkLymaj2ngGeJySBkr8fYgPhYOWYBjP5oAMoZaGh4tGml2dHp8LHKw8LUxiWvHCz)I2xqbrGpH9k30cVScbO6Yz)Ih4l0AhNazO2Harg)WO0j4lCnqYBnzUMMRHIejlUquJWrwdaE5AKQxUMN12ka1aFVr2vd306Y1aGxUgPY001SQATg2xtImxZZABfGAEXEUg)wtxJttAOM1AIkZSFRPxR1ezgsRjZ1WsLnAnsjw3AwvTQwdrjn4hE7yHkXAZQv8VKUuKUKIGkIaIbWa)qPr2Y0mAtHpCBOChLwDiqKX)tuJWHcTVscWxyJFXhFcBdKhUkKl7xhceTPqGOnf(PM2Xof2Y6A0AeSEJ4ExLoVGjxdK6uoSgVLOnxtnxjIc6s6SgQicigG2x8tnTJRrW6nI7Dv68c(KBAD5qEtjEkc3qGvMCnxQBark0Mi(PM2X1iy9gX9UkDEbFkIrgY5Ho5MwxoKIMs804TeTzY1Cbr6gqeTdWp10o2PWwwxJwJG1Be37Q05fm5AGuNYH14TeT5AQ5kruqxsN1ibeOaQZAKacua1znxjIc6s6SgjGafqH2sWp10oUgbR3iU3vPZlyY1CLikPGa8d37tcpBjZ4tHpC8oMW2a5rGiJFy02kEGVTAIJh4FO0mEGpmZlyk8aFy5TeTz8a)qRaahi15qGOnf(Pjk3ox2X1iirzYO9f)uzNwJGeLpfjrzUHaRm5AGfDlf8oAx2udbm3M4agTjIFQStRrqIYNIKOm3qGvMCnhzwH3r7YMAiG52ehWODa(PYoTgbjkFksIYCdbwzY18wAtC4D0USPgcyUnXbmAlb)ut74AeSEJ4ExLoVGpnElrBMCnxyadquergFyMxWx8a)N1e4lVgo7x8Ff2Y6Y5MgFGq5nUYu4b(HwbaMkT2ofbIm(WbsjSnqEeiAtHFQPDCncwVrCVRsNxWKR5cIuaPlY4dekVXv(IhiJmYiJia

The only line I was altering in this one is

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Multi-Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Multi-Shot, Steady Shot

Where I was playing with the number of steady shots, this sequence casting 3 steady shots for each 2 multi shots.

So did u talent to steady focus?

@9ohst

It’s impossible to macro that Talent which is better used if on a separate button.

I’ve spent hours on it for my macros and couldn’t get any consistent results. Tried Streamline and had subpar results and got much better DPS with Chimaera Shot.

"Technically speaking, Steady Focus is the best talent for all situations except 2-target in simulations. The problem is that simulations assume that you are keeping the buff up at 95%+ uptime. In a real, practical AoE situation such as Mythic+, you will constantly drop the buff between packs.

In addition, when you do start attacking a new pack, you have so many other priorities to get through before you can even think about casting Steady Focus . By the time you get to cast two Steady Shots in a row, the pack will possibly be half-dead already."

Yes I agree that steady focus is difficult to maintain for m+ and probably better for raid.
Chimera is better than Steamline for m+ or at dummy?

What is your advise for m+?
Use a separate macro for opener, follow by AOE macro and then ST macro when pack is only 2 (w Chimera)?

For me in all situations–live and on a dummy.

ALWAYS have a separate opener. I used to have just one Tab with it built-in for Dallies and WQ’s but it made me lazy and now I use an opener for everything as my gear is much better it’s not needed.

With my opener I use a ST, AoE and a Traps macro. ST for just a single boss/enemy and AoE for anything else above that. A Traps macro is used as necessary.

No I didn’t talent steady focus.

what is your view on min ms to be effective?

I’m no longer playing my hunter, but ran it at 100ms when I was playing it.

dont tranq shot on CD in pvp - it is necessary to save it as a reactive button
conc shot is also a good one to use with judgment cus of immunities against slows - you dont want to use conc shot twice on something with blessin of Freedom cus that is like two GCDs you could have used against someone who was in freedom meaning they were scared!!

Hi there!

Ive been using your macro for sometime already and I’m in the process of seeing how to tweak it for obtaining more dps, because it might not seem trivial but adding a 3rd macro with the opener for AoE is a huge boost to our burst. Also i’m tweaking your macros in order to control volley and double tap to align them with the covenant skill (which in my case is Kyrian), also i took out explosive shot out of the automatic rotation and put it on a separate mod for the same reason as volley and double tap.

The improvements in the burst area are huge, before i was getting 20~22k, now with the separate macro im getting 30-33k of DPS which is a huge improvement, but in order for it to work you will need to have all the cd’s up, including the 2 aimed shot charges, this is a bit inconvenient but for packs in m+ i think they wont last for more than 2 mins and after you cast the complete macro you will go back to normal rotation.

I will need to test out the macros in m+ cause doing it on dummies is really different of doing it in a m+ where you need to move around dodging areas, so changes like moving the explosive shot out of the rotation to control it might backfire me at first.

Here i leave the opener burst macro, hope it helps anyone!!

d0Z4baWsc0BreTnc1LPmtejhgYSjQRPkUjv5xOcDBurNhe7Ki7vz3cTFu(jIWFrLmovKbIQyOeYGrA4uvhKa(kIQogPoNuLfQkzPQGftqTCOEiIspv0YOYZjzIeKPcyYQOMUKlcsxvQ4zaDDv1gruSvuvTzPQ2oIkFevWSKsttLggcJerQxJQ0Orv5BQqNevQhdQtlf3tvQURQu(TGJlv6PhWK0lF15qcWfjebvc6bU88MKBalbqYwSul1GGohi4sb(fFb8sOXIpCWhcpDKp)5CjhsO8ByvtiojN4h9spu8JK5owgMCwSAcX9AjPqQQJ)zuzNx6iCAIhIh9f84ZXLK2K9xMMpcJkJr51GWO9dygv4pwvmQY6(TiSXOHiJ65TeASFadBKnWPpQqc3i3uq2RLcz9rF5As6LPVbZTqtY9CxsEdXRaFmsnGvl9qW4a)gw1eIQbmj9aMKEjhHrQszD)we2yusYd8hRc43yuSPS6DTJGrzu3PtI1GTmQtmXLW1YOoT7cQBzuqIt3E6wg1jMWDbBzuDVl4TLr19UG3wg19CK4ExkkOkpemomGvlf0GicBk1awTmlZNm)iC1eIltR73IvdsEPiS5HGXHbSAPGgKdMSHu2awTA1QvBa

I’ll keep you updated on my advances!!

1 Like

Glad it gave you a starting point. Neither myself or my wife are playing our hunters anymore so I can’t really provide any feedback other than to say well done for picking up the mantle. It maybe worth starting your own thread and take ‘ownership’ of the macro going forwards.