New GSE is over complicated

I will try this as well.
I appreciate all the hard work and development you put into GSE.
I find it is easy to “get lost” in trying to write with these blocks. I know there is a frameless window, but when trying to use this, almost all my macros are broken.

Just an idea, What about a standalone app that checks a blank palette macro , like GSE 2 did and outputs to a convertible format (this new random char string).

In the meantime, I’ll keep trying to learn the GSE 3 format.

Thanks

nothing like having to study a subject to play a game…
The last version was easy to understand and could be learned in about 20 minutes.
The new functionality is not needed for 99% of your users.
It was adding complexity for the sake of adding complexity.

Now with WOTLK coming out the old version does gives constant errors and the new LM takes a short course in LM programming to write macros. I used to write macros for people here… now I will sadly have to go find another app where it is an addon and not a seperate field of study… sad… cause you had a GREAT EASY addon…

It was easier just using a reset and null entry.
Why make it harder to use?
Adding complexity while keeping the simple option would have been better programing

IMO, It’s not that complicated. Yes, there’s a learning curve and some macros might have to be reworked but WoW is nearing the end of another xpac and not much to do so maybe with some time people can learn properly on how build macros, learn how GSE functions and there’s plenty of time.

The problem Deez is it worked and did everything I needed it to do.

Nothing added will benefit me in any way.
The ability to use the old version should not have been removed.

The appeal of this addon was its simplicity,

I’m a lot closer to my Raidbot sims (40-45 DPS points away) with the current version of GSE than any iteration of GSE before with my Single Target and AoE macros.

My lord, it isn’t that hard to learn this. Honestly. Some of you guys whine to whine lmao
Takes 5-10 minutes to learn it, and has a bit more flexibility in what it does. A lot of you are just lazy and against change. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to use the add-on.

1 Like

So you complain about me complaining saying that I should not complain.

At least that is my complaint.

Yes. It takes a tiny bit of effort to learn. I get it, a lot of you dont like change, but sometimes it isnt needed/warranted. It still has the same base functionality. Just have to look at the wiki. Or use the picture I posted as a guideline

1 Like

How do I get a spell to cast once (if I am in combat) and then not again until I change the target or leave combat?
/castsequence [combat] reset=target/combat Icy Touch. null used to work.

Macros dont work like that :stuck_out_tongue:

They did in all previous versions of GSE.

So it LOST functionality? Great!

Or you can put in there /castsequence reset=target “spell”, null.

1 Like

its just a slightly diffrent code now. i believe

yeah exactly as was stated /castsequence [combat,exists] reset= target “spell’s name”, null
as for gse being to complicated. Only if you don’t want to learn, read posts and just take a peek at others macros. Really not that much harder than before. And since you made macros for people before, then you know the basics and the commands. Just a quick study.

Don’t be afraid of change, embrace it. If GSE does not change and evolve, it will get left behind and become a worthless addon.

3 Likes

If you don’t like it uninstall and go write your own mod. GSE isn’t WLM’s mod. A course in LM will teach you nothing as there is no LM mod to learn. I have to warn you leaning how to write a mod is a gazillion times harder than learning about how macros actually work and how to use GSE.

I suggest you start with a course on Lua followed by a course on how to use Google as if you used that instead of whining you would have found that GSE didn’t break castsequence with nulls, Blizzard did.

As for this thread it has long past any semblance of usefulness.

4 Likes