Newb questions about making macros

I’m 62, with some gnarly health issues, including a hand that got shredded in a machine, that’s just usable. Macros have been a godsend for the enjoyment of wow, and this addon, which I just discovered is just amazing.
I have a question or two though.

• Is there a way to create conditionals?
  • Can GSE account for procs and fire the appropriate ability?
  • When using a priority loop, do you make a seperate action block for each spell to prioritize?
  • Lucifer’s article about versions already answered my version questions.
  • What is the proper usage of keypress and release variables?

If there are posts about these questions I’d be glad to look instead of making someone explain them.
Thank you for this tool and these macro’s.
EDIT:
Okay I have read further, and I see that I will have to handle procs outside the addon, which is fine, and maybe better.
I guess now I mainly need a little more detail on how the different blocks work; particularly with setting up a solid prioriity location.
I’d like to level a toon up and build the macro as I go.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Using the Sequence Viewer and Editor · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Ah beautiful!
Thank you, that cleared some of the fog!

1 Like

Could I suggest maybe reading GSE’s documentation. Perhaps GSE3.0 Block Specification · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

I did look at it, and it is thorough.
I had a little trouble with it at first but then I started experimenting with blocks.
Now I am reading the documentation, testing, and reading again.
I’m working it.
I do have a question though.
The interval slot on the repeat block.
Is that how many times the code runs within the block or how many times the block is played within the sequence?
Or is it what point in the sequence at which the block is inserted?
For instance…block one with an interval of 3 runs like this?
123145617891?
I’m a musician, that actually makes sense to me LOL.
Would block 1 run after 3 6 and 9?
Or instead of them?
EDIT:
Does a repeat block live inside the loop or before the loop?

A repeat block lives inside the Container Block it is present in. If its in a Loop - its within that loop same with it being in an IF etc.

Say you have Actions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and make Action 2 a REPEAT block with an interval of 2 what you will end up with when the macro is created is 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 5, 6, 2 essentially every 2 blocks it will REPEAT that block

A good place for mend pet…

Is there an API for this?
So I can see, for instance, what is available to evaluate in an IF statement?

Google “WoW API Gamepedia”

Gnarly!
Thank you!
I’ll do that right now!

Just bear in mind - it’s are evaluated OUT of combat so you can use things like what zone are you in, what target am I targetting, what talents/spec do I have, what role does x have or who did the best dps last pull but not things like how much health does the target have or how much mana do I have.