NightFae Fire Mage Single target Rotation

/cast [nochanneling] ---- This spell will not interrupt the channeling spell. it will wait until the channeling is done.

Hi,
Good Catch! I have edited the original to show those are not in the post section at all. It looks like when I import the macro to WowLazyMacros from the GSE exporter there is some errors. I double check to make sure everything is labeled as it should.

I run mine at 30 + my msā€¦so around 40-60 ms and never had any trouble for more then 5 years now

2 Likes

for me it keeps spamming Scorch (outside the ALT mod rotation) and doesnā€™t (or very rarely) uses other spells like fireball. is this normal ?

I am not sure how you merge it but it does not fire off the combustion.

What is the talent recommendation for this macro? How much quantity is suitable?

3231111 ā€“ if you are unfamiliar with this notation: first row 3 talent, second row 2 talent, third row 3 talent, etc

That is interesting because without combustion going off this macro and fishing for crits this macro at best pulls 1600 dps. I am concerned that the macro exporter might have some bugs in it.
Make sure the spell are correctly named and positioned:
Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro:
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Mirror Image

KeyPress:
/cleartarget [@target, dead]
/clearfocus [@focus, dead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/stopcasting [mod:alt] [mod:shift]
/cast [mod:alt,nochanneling] Pyroblast

Main Sequence:
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Fireball
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Combustion
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Fire Blast
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Phoenix Flames
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Scorch
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Scorch

KeyRelease:
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Blazing Barrier
/cast [nomod,nochanneling] Rune of Power

I have sometimes been seeing scorch but I also have seen a string of fireballs tooā€¦
Remove scorch from the list and see what happens.

not doing well thou. not sure what went wrong

This is absolutely false. Been running macros @ 50ms for years if the rotations allow. You get banned by using complex actions within programs like Auto Hot Key or other botting programs. If you use AHK for a very basic setup, GSE, MacroToolKit, or the default Macro menu in WoW, you will not get banned.

Iā€™ve been playing around with and modifying your macro. I would share but donā€™t know how to post the short form and donā€™t want to mess up this thread. Keep in mind Iā€™m new to fire mage but I wanted more control in fire blast so I took out the autocast and added it to a ctrl mod. I also added flamestrike to shift and use it for instacast for groups.

How iā€™ve been using it is open up with the macro which cast fireball. Combustion will make your first fireball crit, then you move & cast back and forth casting scorch with combustion active as it has a shorter cast time. So you get a bunch of crits and combustion is done, then I stay still casting fireballs and as soon as it crits I press control to fireblast and then alt for the pyro.

It does give you a little more crit sustain than your version, but your also working a little harder.
PS: Like you I got a sound on weak aura that does the boxing ring ding everytime the pryo/flamestrike is instacast.

Could you share marco please?

Hi,
Thank you for your code.
Can you explain why at start you always cast two fireblast after combustion? The fireball is the first critic due to combustion happing before the fireball hit the target, and then the fireblast is the second critic.

Hi Brad D,
Thanks for giving the macro a try and altering it to fit your needs. I made three macros two are posted here. One is my opener that uses the cast sequence once the reaches the end I jump to my alt pyro version and my AOE is the same as my opener except in place of Pyro I use flamestrike. To share your gse code hit export and copy paste into reply window.

Hi Saul,
Good question. I am thinking about timing and if I do really crit.
If I crit: how long can I keep the crit window up and fire off as many ā€œinstanceā€ as I can maxing damage. Timing cool down is the reason you see the order you do. That is why haste is important for mage. The faster you go the more you do. Does that make sense?

I used AHK at 65ms and now I hit 7k at peak more consistently and float down to 2.4k

Just putting my 2 cents worth in on what you say if it is true as you say then my friend everyone that plays with a gaming key board of a gaming mouse that stores key stroke type macros would be ban in a new york second which in turn means that BLIZZARD /EA WOULD LOOSE MONEY MORE THAN THEY ARE RIGHT NOW

this macro was working wonders for me until last night now while I fire it of I cant use my right mouse button to move the screen its really weird, has anyone experienced anything like this before?

ok so I think I figured it out I was using the Overflowing Anima cage trinket which is a location based trinket so I think it was wanting me to try and place that every time :slight_smile:

1 Like