Oak Ret Pally Macro DF 10.2.6/7 - Season 4 Update #1 - (4/27/24)

Nice post :slight_smile: Knew about the console things but he does go into depth about the settings aswell. Thank ya much.

@murphdh I’ve observed that it depends if you have the tier gear equipped or not. This will impact (3 judgments every 5 for 15 seconds). Should factor that in and see where you’re at. Also, the talents provide 20% random chance for blade of justice to reset.

I’m working on a macro now that accounts for some of this. I gotta say @TimothyLuke Oaks has made the best Ret dps macro available (based on extensive dps testing).

I’ve been working on a complimentary “specials” macro that fires off WOA, FR/ES, and adds some extra /cast to ensure I’m maximizing damage. Only problem is I’m missing many benefits from sustained optimal rotation damage. Def a work in progress. I’m new to macro creation for the most part, so I’m just stealing other peoples work, optimizing/editing, and testing. Let me know if you suspect it’s the set31 tier 4 piece that’s possibly causing your issues.

Cheers, Vitt

Thats a SUPER FAST way to get banned. GSE should NEVER be spamming below 250ms. It has nothing to do with the spell queue as that is all processed server side and has no impact client side but spamming at 30ms waves a BIG RED FLAG to Blizzard saying “Look at me. I don’t give a shit I’m blatantly breaking the rules, please come ban me for using third party apps.” At the end of the day its your account, hope it stays open.

ok so this is the actual rule that blizzard go by and its why gse has been allowed to continue your the creator you should already know this

There’s a debate about the speed at which macros should be run to avoid being banned. [While I couldn’t find a specific rule about the speed limit for macros in WoW, it’s generally advised that one click should perform only one action so to put it in simple terms this means if you had a macro that you pressed once in one gcd it spammed say 10 different spells THAT IS BANNABLE not how FAST you spam the macro its absolute nonsense I’m going to give a couple of pointers to firm my reasoning

1. 6 years of my own experience daily never going above 100ms and for 90% of the time being below 50ms

2. I don’t understand your point about the spell queue window? no one said it spams your abilities faster etc but it is integral to how smooth your macro goes into the next spell and so on better spell queue? less gaps and hangups

3. I have lost count how many years I have been on this site before and after actually making a account and every expansion you change what speed the macro should be ran at to not get banned its been 50 its been 150 its been 120 100 200 250 and yet blizz has never released any info on the subject so the reality is its just your guess

4. after all these years I am still to meet even a single person who has actually been banned and shown evidence of either the ban or the proof that gse was the cause

5. there is no rule out there against gse or how fast you spam gse it has been a official addon for world of warcraft for a very long time many many years if it was exploiting the game as you say blizz would remove it instantly many apps get removed daily for unfair advantage or toxicity yet gse is still there they know what it does and they know you can use software to spam the keys at any ms speed you want automatically yet they leave the app alone allow it to continue but what? if you go below 250ms your going to get banned nonsense that’s just your sweat spot so you think everyone else should use that right?

1 Like

name the rule that I would be breaking that’s any different between spamming it at 30ms and 250ms?

The fact that you are spamming using an external tool like GHub or AutoHotKey breaks the using a third party tool rule. No speed is safe at all. It never has been.. This has nothing to do with GSE. It’s all about what you use external to the game to spam it with. The only safe way to spam without causing RSI is to bind the macro to the scroll wheel of the mouse.

The whole reason for 250ms It’s just that at 250ms you don’t have an unnatural advantage over what someone can physically achieve and are less likely to be banned than at 50ms. (Ignore the technical part that at 50ms you are skipping 22-30 actions per GCD making the outcome of your macro random and unpredictable.)

Note less likely doesn’t mean you can’t get banned it just means you are less likely. You havnt done as much to catch their attention. Bans all come down to how the GM feels on the day when you have caught their attention. It’s not black and white. Someone will see you using AHK and just ban you for it. Others will look at if you are obtaining an unfair advantage. What you personally choose to do is what you personally choose to do. You take that risk. Advising someone else to do the same without warning them of the risk is negligent.

When Blizzard cracked down on the Multiboxers a couple of years back they targeted people specifically using AutoHotKey and spamming faster than a normal person could sustain over a period of time. This has been covered in these other threads:

I have been saying the same thing since 2018. None of this is new. Your experience is your experience and I’m not criticising that in any way. And while you don’t know any people who have been banned for this, I know a couple of thousand who have experienced different levels of bans for this. I’m simply passing on the same warning as I have over and over.

4 Likes

This is fun. Thank you TimothyLuke for keeping this addon going and for your insight. I post these macros for others as they are what work for me. Use them, or dont. Your ms is your choice as to what you are comfortable with using and works works best for your gameplay.

Moving forward, I am no longer going to suggest what ms to run at. You decide. I agree with Tim that advising someone else to run these fast IS Negligent without warning. So, do what you want, at your own risk.

3 Likes

So hey… Cross Promotion… Check out my new Unholy DK Macro

3 Likes

Thank you for your efforts, diligence, and time. I find I’m diving into GSE more than the game lately lol. - Vitt

1 Like

Hey, i’m really new to this so umm…how do i disable cds (wings / final reckoning / divine toll) from the macro? :confused: Also when i hold ctrl macro doesn’t work (should work and cast word of glory, right?)

I believe that your claims are merely your personal opinions and do not have any factual evidence to support them. The issue with multi-boxer spam, particularly with the use of AHK, has nothing to do with speed. Rather, it involves the code that allows multiple accounts to copy the input of one account.

The speed at which you use the software, whether it’s at 250ms or 50ms, is irrelevant. The software performs the same function, and the only difference is the speed at which it executes. Your advice to hide the use of GSE and WLM is not to prevent being banned, but to conceal the fact that you’re using them. The speed at which you run the macros has no effect on whether you get banned or not.

In reality, the macro speed affects performance. While you claim that 250ms is the minimum, you have recommended various speeds over the years. I challenge anyone to run their macros at 250ms and then at 50ms and see if their performance doesn’t double or more. Try it for a month and see if you get banned.

As for your claim that using macros give an unfair advantage or catch anyone’s attention, it’s a hard fact that no matter how great your macro is, you will never achieve what you’re simming. On average, you’re always 10-15% below your sim in any situation. So why would anyone report you for an unfair advantage?

Finally, my recommendation is to improve performance, I don’t see any reason not to share it when there’s no evidence to suggest that it’s incorrect. If I’ve been improving my performance for years without any issues, such as random crashes, bans, or disconnects, I’ll offer that solution

I really wish this ms discussion wasnt hijacking my thread. I understand @TimothyLuke 's concerns and blizzard can do what they wish. Tim has kept this addon alive and I have great respect for him as without GSE I would likely quit wow. When Tim took over development of this addon it was a godsend and the improvements he’s made including the IN GAME EDITOR, which is excellent, have made macro creation so much easier. Not to mention the inclusion of variables which I’m not smart enough to fully take advantage of. So, I’ve told you before, Tim, but thank you tremendously.

With that said, I do run my macros fast. You can see in my past posts that I have admitted to this. I have done so since I started using the original Gnome Sequencer back in WoD. Do I recommend this? No, I do not. I also have said everyone’s setup is different and different people are comfortable with different ways of playing including where they are comfortable with setting their MS.

So, can we agree to choose to set your ms where you want, and just know that if you have it super low, you could be taking a risk on blizzard making an example of the way many of us are forced to play.

If you want to discuss ms, and the risks/benefits of faster or slower clicks, please make your own thread and discuss till your heart’s content.

Thanks Again @TimothyLuke for GSE and @Siodar for keeping Wowlazymacros a safe place to share.

3 Likes

i get it, its a dumb question but i’m really stuck on this. Whenever i try to delete cds from the macro it breaks and GSE window keeps popping up :confused:

Since Oak has asked for this. Please go back to the macro info for this post, continue your MS discussion in another post. TY all.

that is a little weird.
Please dont take my questions as me thinking your dumb. i’m more dumb about this alot of the time than most ppl. lol

1. your not deleteing while in combat are you?
  2. after you delete and save, what do you mean it breaks?

I’m probably not deleting the lines in a correct way so after i delete and save macro won’t fully work (only a couple of spells get casted) and GSE window keeps popping up every 5sec or so. I could use a screenshot of what lines / blocks / actions to remove if that aint too much of a trouble

Hi. I can only use Version 2. Version 1 do nothing.someone can help me

you probably right. go ahead and post what you have so we can help you.

If Ctrl doesn’t work check your keybinds. By default it is bound to the Pet bar and needs to be unbound.

Removing cool-downs depends on where and how they exist,

Eg
/cast Crusade
Change this to (With two -‘s in front it changes the line to a comment so you can disable the line to test before deleting
—/cast Crusade

For a /castsequence you need to remove the specific spell and its corresponding ,
/castsequence Crusade, Divine Toll, Judgement
Needs to become
/castsequence Divine Toll, Judgement
It could also become a comment of the original like
—/castsequence Crusade, Divine Toll, Judgement
/castsequence Divine Toll, Judgement

Trinkets have a special place at the bottom of the template and some tick boxes to manipulate.

Having said all of the changing these will change the geometry of what fires when and may have different consequences that need to be accounted for. It might need an extra action to compensate so things line back up again etc. This will require a lot of trial and error.

Man getting the leggo really does change things up. 6 mins on the cleave dummies, 480k

@OAK macro is legendary my dude!

3 Likes