Old Legion HPally Martyr Healing

[quote quote=47991]CJ thanks for this inforamtion. I followed your instructions and now i can heal like i know what im doing in a bg lol. I do have 1 issue though. I can heal others but cant seem to heal myself at all. Once the enemy finds out im healing they want me dead quickly and I am dead very quickly lol. The self heal macro doesnt seem to work at all for me.
[/quote]
PvP healing is a different beast, but like all healers you will get trained hard by DPS that know what they are doing. My best advice is to Bacon yourself and run large circles around them. I use slightly different talents and put Light of Dawn in the rotation so I can run through it. Make sure you use the Judgement macro at the bottom of the sequence because the damage reduction helps. All I can say is stop when you can and flash heal yourself to restore health; then keep it moving. Here is a copy of Marty slightly modified. Average 175-220K hps at my gear level.

Sequences['Marty'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="kmasterflex@Emerald Dream",
  SpecID=65,
  Talents = "1 2 3 1 2 2 2",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/holy-pally-martyr-healing-topping-the-meters/#post-44795",
  Help = [[Marty (which is mouseover) use 90% of the time]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Holy Avenger",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@Matere] Holy Shock",
        "/cast [@Matere] Bestow Faith",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Light of the Martyr, Light of the Martyr",
        "/cast Light of Dawn",
        "/cast Avenging Wrath",
        "/cast Tyr's Deliverance",
        "/cast [harm] [@targettarget, nodead, exists] [@focus, nodead, exists] [@focustarget, nodead, exists] Judgment; Judgment",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Aura Mastery",
        "/cast divine protection",
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=47974]CJ,
That’s awesome, I haven’t had a chance yet today to mess with it, definitely looking forward to taking it into mythics as well. Had a question, I know sometimes when I am running with a tank that can self heal I am standing around a lot. What is the recommendation for doing damage while waiting to heal people? Also, I have the legendary that increases healing for when Judgement is on the target, the line you put above for Judgement where would that go in the Marty macro? Or were you saying that should be a separate macro?
– Aitrus
[/quote]
I don’t recommend doing any dps when assigned healing, but you can add dps in the current Marty macro knowing that it will global healing if you need to switch back. At the rate you can advance your toons now it really is easy to level up the Ret side and avoid the misery it is to dps in healing spec; plus when you switch specs your gear switches from intellect to strength (except for weapon and trinkets). This toon just dinged 110 not a week ago and I have both the Holy and Ret side of artifact and gear leveled up pretty much current with Ret lagging a bit behind, but you won’t have any problem doing world quests or dispatching those annoying mobs that slow you down in a healing spec.

For the Judgement macro i just put it in the last line of the sequence which isn’t terribly long and it procs on CD. I put a copy of what I am using above this post.

Happy healing.

CJ,

I wasn’t talking about DPSing by default in dungeons, but I have found myself not always having to heal in runs because most of the tanks that I have run with have some kind of self healing so really I’m just topping them off and standing around, that’s why I wanted to have a means to at least provide some DPS utility at the times I am just standing around that’s all :slight_smile: I am always focused on healing first and just DPSing at filler times to help burn a boss down faster. I will try your modified Marty macro above which should help my healing overall because of that Judgement synergy with my legendary that gives me 15% extra healing for Judgement on a target.

Like you, I leveled my Pally with Ret and use that spec for WQ and such.

• Aitrus

This does top the charts for me @880 ilvl but I run out of mana 70-80% in the boss fight. By the way what does ‘help’ mean in your cast sequences? Always wanted to know what this command means

thinking of gearing my hpal; is this still performing well in 7.2.5?

Yup, still going strong :slight_smile:

i like it , change a few things, trying to get it to use left or right mouse button so i can just target each person with

the dps in https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/holy-pally-martyr-healing-topping-the-meters/page/4/#post-47982 i giving me
storage: [string storage].2. unexpected symbol near ‘?’,

any suggestions?

hey mate, planning on using this macro, just wondering tho, i liked the idea of the martywrath macro, for those OH SHIT moments, with the main macro it has aura mastery and divine protection and avengers wrath in there when in combat, does removing them fuck the macro up ? not a fan of popping cd’s on trash mobs for no reason :smiley: :smiley:
also for mythic + you suggest to take beacon of virtue, but wouldnt that negate the marty macro since you wont have beacon of faith then ?
little bit confused as to whats the best thing to do, does the macro for marty wrath still work ? as said above, having that OH SHIT button is personally better for me than having them inside the main macro, ofc im not asking you to change the macros you have but if you could suggest how i can fix this for myself that would be awesome :smiley:

also , which way round would be best for the beacons, faith on the tank and light on myself ?

tank

[quote quote=51797]tank
[/quote]

tank what ? :stuck_out_tongue: tank with faith or tank with beacon ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello - can you answer why you use

“/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Light of the Martyr”,

when there is only one spell. Castsequence is used for a number of spells. won’t /cast do the same?

and why
“/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Beacon of Virtue”, when you’ve stated the 2 talent on line 100 (Beacon of the Lightbringer) - very confused person here. - that means you only used Light of Dawn and Tyr’s.

PS - think castsequence was used as you originally used Light of the Martyr, Light of the Martyr but that’s not in your updated macros

When I spam Marty my health goes down real fast is this normal with the talent should I be spamming till my health gets low then heal myself and spam again? Also, should I put the other beacon on myself or a dps?

The macro uses ‘Light of the Martyr’ which takes some of your health. If you haven’t updated the macro with your character’s name and are still using @kmasterflex then you’re not being healed.

Until I read about the name change in the macro I put the Beacon of Light on me

i may not be seeing it but

“Talents 1 2 2 1 3 2 (1 for raiding) or Talent [7/3”

i dont see where Holy Prism is any place on any of these macros?

is it just placed another place for solo use?

Just curious, has anyone thought of recording how these macros do in game? or would that be a bad thing? I was mainly Prot, currently Ret, but looking into Holy. A video showing how to the macros work ingame would be awesome.

what theres no videos :wink:

Im just trying to figure out how i would play macros with gse and ahk. is it a constant spam on a button or is it only when people need heals, is it mouse over, etc.

Marty, great job first all. Works great.

I tried checking the video on twitch, for “how to use the macros” however it does not match the macros, themselves. I get the idea though, more or less.

My questions is regarding the editing of the macro itself and the easiest way to do that.

namely, I want to remove avenging wrath from the “KeyRelease” section.

I have been using GS for some time, and am used to just editing stuff within a text editor or even the GSSE interface, to do so. However, I cannot find the KeyRelease section, anywhere?

I guess I can just re-import the whole macro again – removing avenging wrath, but I rather learn how to get inside the hood, and figure out how it can be done, with a text editor.

Where oh where is the KeyRelease to be found, for editing, within a normal text editor or GSSE??

After you import the macro, click on the 1 tab that lets you see the actual macro and edit it. There is a scroll bar near the check boxes (the ones that say combat, head, trinket, etc). Click and drag that scroll bar all the way down to the bottom. There will be two boxes at the bottom of the macro. One is the key release box you’re looking for, the other is the post macro box. Just highlight the line for Avenging Wrath and delete it.