One-button Survival Macro - 22k+ DPS in Raid - 6.0.3 - GnomeSequencer - Jan. 23

Updated Jan. 23 - Changed talents. Replaced Steady Shot with Thrill of the Hunt, and Glaive Toss with Barrage. I’m pulling 19-22k DPS on the Butcher in High Maul @ Ilv630. I also updated the stat weights.

Talents

This talent set was chosen to maximize single target raid DPS while also providing raid utility.

Level 45 - Iron Hawk
Level 60 - Thrill of the Hunt
Level 75 - A Murder of Crows
Level 90 - Barrage
Level 100 - Lone Wolf

Glyphs

Glyphs are completely a personal choice as there are no significant DPS boosting glyphs.

Stat Weights

Agility: 1
Attack Power: .9
MH DPS: .76
Multistrike: .64
Versatility: .38
Critical Strike: .37
Mastery: .26
Haste: .25

Raid Macro

This macro is extremely simple to use. Spam it.

If there are THREE or more targets, hold the CTRL modifier to execute barrage, keep holding to apply serpent sting. Return to regular rotation until you have enough focus for barrage again, repeat process.

If you need to drop an Explosive Trap, hold Shift until you finish clicking the trap in place.

For Thrill of the Hunt procs, Serpent Sting to a single target, or to dump focus on Arcane Shot, hold ALT.

Sequences['Surv'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod:shift] !Explosive Trap
]],
	'/cast [nomod] Black Arrow',
	'/cast [nomod] Explosive Shot',
	'/cast [nomod] A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast [mod:ctrl]Barrage',
	'/cast [mod:ctrl,nochanneling:Barrage] Multi-shot',
	'/cast [mod:alt] Arcane Shot',
	'/cast [nomod:shift/alt,nochanneling:Barrage]Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Misdirection

This is a stand alone, non-Gnome Sequencer Macro. Add it like a regular macro and spam it to either apply MD to your focus target (tank) or to apply it to your pet, as well as cast mend pet. The latter is great for soloing.

/castsequence [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection, Mend Pet

Great Looking Macro can’t wait to try it.

What ilvl do you have and how much dps do you do? I tried this macro today, i have 646 ilvl and did 12-13K DPS. Is that good or not? im kind of new to the game. but it seems like others with pretty much the same ilvl as me do more dps.

Doesn’t work. I copied and pasted this exactly as shown in the Sequences.LUA file, get in game and doesn’t work.

I’d like some help inserting this into the whole sequences thing, I’ve not tried this, and feel pretty confused.

Can anyone help me set this up and test it out? :slight_smile:

I’m pulling about 17k on butcher at 628 ilvl.

It may be something either with how you have GS setup or you may have your keybinds assigned to other things and the mod keys won’t work. It needs to be on a key that isn’t using the shift, alt, or ctrl mod keys. I use ]

[quote quote=22188]I’d like some help inserting this into the whole sequences thing, I’ve not tried this, and feel pretty confused.
Can anyone help me set this up and test it out? :)
[/quote]

The how-to section of the forum has mutliple guides for setting up and using GS. Use one of those and just throw this macro in at the end.

All my keys are jacked up, don’t want to go through all of the commands and reset them all. Can you make a few edits to get rid of all of the modifier keys?
maybe like this?

--hunter survival single 3123113
Sequences['Surv'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
]],
	'/cast [nomod] Glaive Toss',
	'/cast [nomod] Arcane Shot',
	'/cast [nomod] Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack
/startattack
]],
}

[quote quote=22261]All my keys are jacked up, don’t want to go through all of the commands and reset them all. Can you make a few edits to get rid of all of the modifier keys? maybe like this?

--hunter survival single 3123113
Sequences['Surv'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
]],
	'/cast [nomod] Glaive Toss',
	'/cast [nomod] Arcane Shot',
	'/cast [nomod] Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack
/startattack
]],
}

[/quote]

This really won’t work very well without using something to control explosive trap, arcane shot, and AOE abilities sepereately. Arcane shot and Cobra shot have to be setup seperately.

In the example you gave, Arcane is above cobra. Cobra will only be cast when completely out of focus, however, as soon as there is enough focus for arcane, it will cast it, killing your focus. Any ability that requires more focus to cast than arcane shot, will never be cast.

Also, without a modifier on misdirection/mend pet, it will be cast constantly, at all times.

The only option I can think of for you would be remove arcane shot and misdirection from the macro and cast them seperately, along with AOE abilities. Just using the macro for the main rotation. So a minimum of 3-4 keys, hardly the one-button macro as stated in the title.

When I cast Shift/Alt/Ctr, the macro stops. When I release, it continues rotation. Right now I’m manually playing those skills.

Also, I seem to be starving for Focus, How would I get it to cast 2 Cobra Shots, much like when using Steady Focus.

Great macro btw. I’m pulling 32k burst and settling out in the 21-22k area. ilvl 650, gear focus in some spots on ilvl until I get BIS.

Another quick question. Is there a way to add in an Arcane Shot with a reset based on SS duration.

Something like this:

‘/castsequence reset=12 Arcane Shot’,

I tried adding this in, but it seems the timer is not working. Note: I put 12 instead of 15 sec so it has a 3 sec chance to apply SS. Since this is a step function 1, 12, 123, 1234 it needs the time.

At least I think!

[quote quote=22288]When I cast Shift/Alt/Ctr, the macro stops. When I release, it continues rotation. Right now I’m manually playing those skills.
Also, I seem to be starving for Focus, How would I get it to cast 2 Cobra Shots, much like when using Steady Focus.
Great macro btw. I’m pulling 32k burst and settling out in the 21-22k area. ilvl 650, gear focus in some spots on ilvl until I get BIS.
[/quote]

The base rotation, arcane shot, barrage and multishot aside, you should be focus positive. It will default to cobra shot unless something from the main rotation needs to be cast, for which there is an excess of focus.

As for the macro stopping, ensure you don’t have other things bound for that keyset. ie, if you have your spam button bound to S (I know you don’t) then CTRL+S is bound to toggle sound on and off, it wouldn’t trigger the macro state.

I highly recommend Thrill of the Hunt over steady focus, it works much better with a macro as it is a proc. When it procs, you just hold ALT to pop off some major burst.

[quote quote=22289]Another quick question. Is there a way to add in an Arcane Shot with a reset based on SS duration.
Something like this:
‘/castsequence reset=12 Arcane Shot’,
I tried adding this in, but it seems the timer is not working. Note: I put 12 instead of 15 sec so it has a 3 sec chance to apply SS. Since this is a step function 1, 12, 123, 1234 it needs the time.
At least I think!
[/quote]

Resets don’t work in GS macros, at all. Best you could do would be make cobra shot a sequence, something like, CS, CS, AS restart. But that will get miffed up at some point due to focus.

Question: you’re using [mod:ctrl] to fire off Barrage and Multi-Shot. If you keep spamming the macro and holding down ctrl, won’t Multi-Shot cancel out Barrage since it’s a channel?

It did, I fixed it, forgot to update the post. It is updated now.

First, thank you a ton for making this macro! I’ve been playing WoW since alhpa, and I was really disappointed when they got rid of fall-through macros. I recently started playing again after about a year or so hiatus and I almost died when I found out about GS!

But anyways, my question is: I tried out this macro, got it working in game, but I’m having a problem where it is casting cobra shot way more than it should and not casting my available black arrows and explosive shots. I have the Macro on my 2 button, which is also bound to scrolling my mouse wheel down. I just spam scroll my mouse wheel. Should I not be doing this and waiting for my GCD before spamming?

Thanks for any help! I really appreciate it!

As for the macro stopping, ensure you don’t have other things bound for that keyset. ie, if you have your spam button bound to S (I know you don’t) then CTRL+S is bound to toggle sound on and off, it wouldn’t trigger the macro state. [/quote]

Even if those keys are used in combination with other keys? Ctrl F1, ect. Do i need to remove all use of those keys or short cut other keys?

First time poster here… and Healme… this macro is pretty nice :slight_smile: I did actually change it around for Marksman and it works like a charm there also :slight_smile: But I have a question to : the Explosive trap mod thingy… I don´t get how it works (trying to build a Blood/frost DK macro that uses the same way to cast DnD, but I can´t get the thing to work at all). Mind giving me a quick runthrough?

Love it but also can’t get mods to work. Bound to top row #1 and no alt+1 keybinds anywhere. Do I have to remove everything with alt in the keybind? Also, for explosive shot procs I’m wondering if I can just add an extra cast below the current one to facilitate faster casting of procs.

BTW, I’ve been an old school macro builder for years and just now found out about GS and all the advanced features. This is so cool I can hardly wait to learn it all!

hey guys,
so i’m using the super dubber macro to enlarge the characters i can put in the macro.
and when i copy and paste ure macro and test it the only thing it does is saying the lines of the macro in the chatbox of wow.
any help here what did i do wrong??
grtz twilek

i got it using the wrong addon :stuck_out_tongue:
took me a while to figure out how gs is working but got it

hi Healme

When I cast Shift/Alt/Ctr, the macro no cast Barrage and Multi-Shot or Trap or arcane just it continues single target rotation.
Right now I’m manually playing those skills like spam Arcane Shot in For Thrill of the Hunt procs, Serpent Sting to a single target, or to dump focus

any idea how to fix cuz single target rotation is epic even if dont use arcane shot