OUTDATED BM Macros 12/11/2017

ok solved alone thanks

drupollo … macro will not import

It would be nice if you didn’t:

1 - Hijack my thread
2 - Post macros that I made and claim them as your own
3 - Rewrite macros and pass them off as mine

Gween

Gween i agree the macro was writtem by gween for me a while ago so he shouldnt take credit for someone elses work and he didnt even change the author line in it

Drupolo start a new thread and stop claiming others work as your own you nub

Gween,

Always great to look at your threads and Macros.

I’m wondering when you say you aren’t using AMOC and instead volley the reasoning. Granted I know you are testing this stuff out yourself. However I cannot fathom if you run high Mastery where AMOC doesn’t out-perform Volley in Raids against single target. With the Zoo builds we run high crit and lower mastery which makes sense to run volley over AMOC almost all the time.

However if we move over to 4pc T21 and start moving back to higher mastery I think it is worthwhile to be using AMOC on single target bosses. For Mythic+ and Bosses with adds I certainly can see where volley would be a better choice.

Also I am NOT a fan of titan’s thunder being in a macro. I feel that is not a good use of the spell. While you have it in a sequence to first cast dire-beast … I believe you really want at least 1 dire beast + BESTIAL WRATH to get the most bang for the buck. I would rather wait 5-10 seconds for bestial wrath to be available and dire beast before casting Titan’s Thunder so you kinda get the most “bang for the buck” so to speak. I always cast titan’s thunder outside of any macro out there so I have the control over when to use it.

Thoughts?

As of the time of this posting My character is ilvl 947
Running 2pc T21 and 4pc T20
Talents: 2131132 or 2131112
Legendaries: Lions Belt / Huntmaster Ring
Current Raid Status: Antorus 11/11 Heroic
Wow Progress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/stormreaver/Beepieshuntr
Pawn Weights I have (Raidbots) are:

( Pawn: v1: "Beepieshuntr - Beast Mastery (Raidbots)": Class=Hunter, Spec=BeastMastery, Agility=32.31, CritRating=40.08, HasteRating=56.57, MasteryRating=37.86, Versatility=33.08 )

I’m actually still using your AOTB macro (with a few modifications) with good success… gonna test out your new one see if I like it better (of course removing titan’s thunder as in my prev reply).

Good Stuff… Appreciate all the time you take in this forum. All of us Hunters really appreciate the time you take in trying to get the best macros out there.

[quote quote=56172]As of the time of this posting My character is ilvl 947 Running 2pc T21 and 4pc T20 Talents: 2131132 or 2131112 Legendaries: Lions Belt / Huntmaster Ring Current Raid Status: Antorus 11/11 Heroic Wow Progress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/stormreaver/Beepieshuntr Pawn Weights I have (Raidbots) are:
( Pawn: v1: “Beepieshuntr - Beast Mastery (Raidbots)”: Class=Hunter, Spec=BeastMastery, Agility=32.31, CritRating=40.08, HasteRating=56.57, MasteryRating=37.86, Versatility=33.08 )
I’m actually still using your AOTB macro (with a few modifications) with good success…. gonna test out your new one see if I like it better (of course removing titan’s thunder as in my prev reply).
Good Stuff… Appreciate all the time you take in this forum. All of us Hunters really appreciate the time you take in trying to get the best macros out there.
[/quote]

Man I was just looking at your logs and you’ve been doing GREAT!
Which macro are you currently using? Im thinking about rerolling from BM to MM but I’m not so confident atm

Gween,

I was using the AOTB one you had (modified) for use with the boots. But switched to your latest to see how I like it. I did add an AMOC line and took out some other stuff that I like to do manually like countershot/etc. Been playing with this macro today and I like it a lot. Getting better results with this latest macro over the AOTB one. I sim at 1.7m on raidbots and will be raiding tonight to see if I improve DPS wise. Will report back.

I have my MM artifact up to 74 … will have it at 75 by tomorrow… I haven’t played around too much with it but do have the bis legos for the build. Might give it a whirl this weekend to see how it does since it is quite a bit more powerful than BM at the moment.

I have answered this in my thread titled, “My thoughts on current BM talents and builds”, and I will paste the relevant part.

A Murder of Crows vs. Volley

A lot of people use AMOC. Unless you have 90+ mastery, this is a mistake (IMHO). Volley does slightly less damage against a single target, but as soon as you add a second target, Volley is the clear winner BY FAR!

I would rather talent Volley and turn it off on a single target fight, than use AMOC. However, I run with Volley on for every fight. Therefor, I use and recommend Volley.

How much ‘bang’ are you getting for that buck? I had a discussion on these forums with someone a ways back about the use of Titan’s Thunder. I used to have it in the KeyPress section and just let it go off every minute, but the other person suggested tying it to Dire Beast with a reset. The overall improvement is very small as Titan’s Thunder just isn’t all that big a factor in the overall DPS, but it was an improvement and there was no significant cost.

There IS a cost though. By delaying the cast of Titan’s Thunder you are decreasing the overall DPS value from your main pet and Hati (who always receive the buff) but gaining DPS by ensuring you have a least one maximum duration Dire beast active, and possibly more (although its possible to have multiple Dire Beasts up just casting it every 60 seconds on cool-down). So if you are tying TT to DB, there is a small delay. IF you also tie it to BW, the delay could get bigger.

In the space of a 6 minute fight, what is the difference between getting off 5 TT casts or only 4? I am skeptical that TT is a high enough value to make it worthwhile to chain it to both BW and DB.

Maybe. I am open to change, but so far I am just not seeing that AMOC is the overall winner. It’s slightly better on some fights perhaps and will get better with higher mastery. I do concede that with high mastery AMOC is the winner. But I dislike AMOC for other reasons as well. Currently, I would rather talent for Volley and turn it off then talent for AMOC. But that is just me.

Gween

Gween, thank you for your work!

I was just testing your GweenBM macro, and I don’t know if its intended, but Cobra Shots will only be fired AFTER a Kill Command is used. It always sits there for 6 seconds.

Working as intended.

Gween

[quote quote=56206]

I was just testing your GweenBM macro, and I don’t know if its intended, but Cobra Shots will only be fired AFTER a Kill Command is used. It always sits there for 6 seconds.

Working as intended. Gween [/quote]

so it is supposed to sit there full focus and wait for 6 seconds so it can cast one kill command and one cobra shot and then sit there for another 6 seconds using direbeast if it comes off cd?

Edit: Ok, so i went to warcraftlogs to see if top bm hunters were using 1:1 KC:CS ratio and indeed they are. Which is weird. So much time spent only with auto shots… can you explain that one?

I recommend you read my theory-crafting posts. I do explain this in some detail. Your claim that the macro “sit[s] there full focus and wait for 6 seconds so it can cast one kill command and one cobra shot and then sit there for another 6 seconds using direbeast if it comes off cd” is simply factually in error.

Killer Cobra sets up a dynamic between KC and CS. During BW, each CS resets the cool-down of KC so that it rapidly cycles between KC-CS-KC-CS, tossing in Dire Beasts when available. This burst cycle consumes your focus, and you rebuild your focus during the non-burst phase.

The point of high crit along with OWTP, is to minimize the non-Burst phases and maximize the burst phases. The more time you are bursting, the higher your overall DPS. Depending on Haste and focus regen, you can go with WOTC to increase damage, or Dire Stable to increase focus regen to ensure you have as much focus as possible for the burst phase. It is not desirable to drain your focus during the non-burst phase.

To be sure, there will be times when you are focus capped. Depending on how close to a burst phase you are, you can manually add Cobra Shots if you want, but quite honestly, in all of my testing, this has never improved overall DPS. Nor have I seen any top BM hunters indicate this either.

Considering the GCDs for KC, CS and DB, the amount of time. Assuming you bring the GCD down to 1.25 seconds, the GCDs for 1 KC, 1 CS and 1 DB eat up 3.75 seconds of the 6 second cool-down. Considering latency and macro timing, it is pretty safe to round that off to about 4 seconds. The remaining 2 seconds are used to regen focus.

For this talent configuration, Haste is the best stat, following at a close second by Crit, and Mastery is a ways behind. Versatility is undesirable, but may be unavoidable. Even with this stat priority, it is certain that you will end up with more Mastery than any other stat.

Gween

Thanks Gwen, amazing explanation!
My crit and haste are not as high as they should, so I believe thats why I’m sitting capped for some time. To fix that while I improve my itemization, I build a simple WA that tells me whenever im 95% focus capped and dont have BW buff active so I can use one or two Cobra Shots!

Again TYVM for all this!

Gween,

I didn’t want to come across as having a real debate about Volley vs. AMOC and that I was in total disagreement with you. However in virtually all sims that I’ve run over time shows AMOC with higher DPS than Volley when it comes to single target. I do agree most of the time volley is far superior to AMOC especially if you don’t kill your target during the AMOC duration for it to auto-reset on trash or even higher targets. This can be vary good to use DPS wise in Raiding where your gear is high and you are going against inferior targets. As a for instance looking at ToS Raiding… when you have 20 people all around 940-950 doing a normal run and for the first boss you have to kill the 3 infernals before the boss… AMOC will be more powerful than volley since you can kill each infernal before AMOC would trigger the cooldown and auto reset. This could be much different than doing ToS on Mythic where AMOC would surely be off cooldown and most likely not be available when pulling the boss. That is just one example.

Out doing questing and lower mythic+ dungeons (based on your gear) lets volley really shine as you have the ability to switch it on/off at will (ie single target boss you can disable so yo have more focus for cobra/kc whereas if you are in “progression” or really pushing content and things don’t die fast… AMOC can be a bit more of a benefit. Again it is situational.

As I said… my intent wasn’t really to have a huge debate on it. However I do feel being one-sided on either Volley or AMOC could perhaps be a little narrow-minded and both skills are powerful for what they do. I can say, for myself at least, I don’t use AMOC 90% of the time. Playing as Volley is a better choice. However in Raids against bosses without adds I’ll certainly always use AMOC and just use a tome to switch talents as needed.

The other thing I did want to address was the comment from you regarding TITAN’S THUNDER in the macro or not. I do think I agree with you where it is probably a little more beneficial to have it in the script than not depending on the situation. I had made the point I like to cast it myself when bestial/dire are active to get “more bang for the buck” and that is also more in regards to raiding as compared to just out in the wow world and mythic dungeons. What I also like to do is avoid it being on cooldown after killing the last trash pack before a boss but I do find doing normal questing or lower M+ dungeons (ie <=10) that auto-casting Titan’s thunder is just fine to do as most things melt anyway.

Great thoughts and I certainly enjoy the conversation.

[quote quote=56205]Gween, thank you for your work!
[/quote]

Good Rule of Thumb is if you have over 90 focus do a cobra shot. Just because you have a macro auto-casting does not mean you can’t cast another spell yourself. I do try and keep an eye on my focus and if I see it above 90 I do manually cast a cobra shot as well while KC comes off of cooldown. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=56231]Gween,
Great thoughts and I certainly enjoy the conversation.
[/quote]

I simmed my character with both talents, and AMOC is only 1% stronger than Volley on single target scenarios, so I decided to stick to volley at least for now until sims show otherwise. Volley is overall better because it can compete 1:1 with AMOC and scales a lot with AOE.

Yeah I just said that above your post xD if you want I can Share my WA with you :slight_smile:

[quote quote=56229]

For this talent configuration, Haste is the best stat, following at a close second by Crit, and Mastery is a ways behind. Versatility is undesirable, but may be unavoidable. Even with this stat priority, it is certain that you will end up with more Mastery than any other stat. Gween

Thanks Gwen, amazing explanation! My crit and haste are not as high as they should, so I believe thats why I’m sitting capped for some time. To fix that while I improve my itemization, I build a simple WA that tells me whenever im 95% focus capped and dont have BW buff active so I can use one or two Cobra Shots! Again TYVM for all this! [/quote]

SirRicardao as far as WA goes … I really like Effie’s from wago.io. Certainly not stepping on your ability to create your own. However it does have a cobra-shot icon that shows up when you have enough focus and KC is off cooldown. Link below:

Effie’s BM Hunter WeakAura

[quote quote=56237]

For this talent configuration, Haste is the best stat, following at a close second by Crit, and Mastery is a ways behind. Versatility is undesirable, but may be unavoidable. Even with this stat priority, it is certain that you will end up with more Mastery than any other stat. Gween

Thanks Gwen, amazing explanation! My crit and haste are not as high as they should, so I believe thats why I’m sitting capped for some time. To fix that while I improve my itemization, I build a simple WA that tells me whenever im 95% focus capped and dont have BW buff active so I can use one or two Cobra Shots! Again TYVM for all this!
SirRicardao as far as WA goes ….. I really like Effie’s from wago.io. Certainly not stepping on your ability to create your own. However it does have a cobra-shot icon that shows up when you have enough focus and KC is off cooldown. Link below: Effie’s BM Hunter WeakAura [/quote]

I use that one too. What I meant is that I made a WA that will remind me of casting Cobra Shots it if its ideal(BW on CD and not active, above 90% focus, more than 2 seconds for the next KC, in combat)