Outlaw Rogue PVE/PVP Macro "You Are A Pirate"

Spec Talents: 2/Any/3or1/Any/3or2/1/2
Personal Spec: 2/1/1/1/3/1/2
Honor Talents: 1/2/1/3/2/3

Hi there. So, I created a 2 button macro with 1 keybound attack you press on proc for Outlaw.
That of course is for the most DPS. I also included a 1 Button Version, but that won’t give you as much dps as the 2 Button + Keybind version, obviously.

I ran a sim with my current gear set up for Outlaw(which is bad) and it said on target dummy I should be pulling 760K pretty much with an error of 0.499%
I wound up pulling 811K

It burst at 1.4M and dropped down to 1M and then settled in at around 820k and dropped to 810k and stayed there

If anyone would like to test it, I’d love some feedback and advice.

Macro 1: YouAreAPirate is basically for Burst damage, and using your CDs as well as spamming Saber Slash.

Macro 2: Plunder is your Finishing moves which you’ll use at 5 Combo Points(or 6 if you go Deeper Stratagem over Vigor). You only need to use this when you have full combo points.

The Keybind is Pistol Shot which you use when it procs, which can go anywhere on your bars.

Also YouAreAPirate has a PvP version(2) as well as 1 Button Version for both PVE(3) an PVP(4) (for those that don’t want it to be 2/3 button macro). But as I said earlier, it won’t pull as high dps because it can’t predict when Pistol Shot will proc, obviously.

I personally run the Default Version(1) for PvE, and the 1 Button PVP Version(4) for PvP, but do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Plunder also has a PVE(1), and PVP(2) sequence. But you will need to do Between The Eyes on your own.

EDIT: 5/23/18 Improved YouAreaPirate and Plunder Macros for better dps and less clutter.

Sequences['YouAreaPirate'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Somerogue@Somewhere",
  SpecID=260,
  Talents = "2,2/1,3,1,3/2.1,2",
  Help = [[Outlaw Burst and DPS  1 for PVE 2 for PVP, 3 For One Button(PVE), 4 For One Button(PVP)]],
  Default=1,
  PVP=4,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Shadowstep, Garrote",
      },
        "/cast Marked for Death",
        "/cast Curse of the Dreadblades",
        "/cast [@player] Cannonball Barrage",
        "/cast Adrenaline Rush",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Shadowstep, Garrote, Cheap Shot",
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=10  Adrenaline Rush, Plunder Armor, Between the Eyes",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Saber Slash",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [3] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=10  Adrenaline Rush, Roll the Bones",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Saber Slash, Run Through",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Roll the Bones",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [4] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=10  Adrenaline Rush, Plunder Armor, Between The Eyes",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Between the Eyes",
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['Plunder'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Somerogue@Somewhere",
  SpecID=260,
  Talents = "22/1313/212",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com",
  Help = [[PVE is 1, PVP is 2]],
  Default=1,
  PVP=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Run Through, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Run Through, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Feedback is always helpful, I hope you find as much enjoyment out of this as I have, and hopefully it gets people playing Outlaw again as it is a very fun spec. Mutilate and Subtlety are also fun, but Outlaw has always been where I personally had the most fun. I hope you all get as much enjoyment out of this as I have.

I noticed you use a lot of /castsequence. It was my understanding repetitive statements are the same as /cast.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/fury-macro-for-testing-7-3-5/#post-59368

[quote quote=59375]I noticed you use a lot of /castsequence. It was my understanding repetitive statements are the same as /cast.
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/fury-macro-for-testing-7-3-5/#post-59368[/quote]

Changed up the macro now, 1 and 2 of YouAreaPirate now don’t have as many castsequences, and 3 and 4 have less repetitive castsequences, both showed a vast improvement :slight_smile:

Also reworked Plunder a bit which also saw an improvement, so hopefully more get a chance to test it out. :slight_smile:

how do you choose between different macroversion of your macros? i’m having problems with it. sorry i searched the forums but i can’t find an answer

i noticed that when i spam “you are a pirate” i consume combo points some times, and between the eyes gets on cooldown, which i believe is the pvp version. i’m trying to use the pve version.

basically i’m using “You are a pirate” version 1, “Plunder” version 1, and a separate action for pistol shot.

Where you see:

Default=1,
PVP=4,

These kind of things in the macro it means it’s been set in the configuration tab when you go to edit the macro.

To switch between them is based on the area you enter.
If it detects you have entered a PVP zone it will switch to 4th version, dungeons might be 2 for example and so on.

alternatively you can choose them yourself in the drop downs on the config tab

[quote quote=59737]Where you see:
Default=1, PVP=4,
These kind of things in the macro it means it’s been set in the configuration tab when you go to edit the macro.
To switch between them is based on the area you enter. If it detects you have entered a PVP zone it will switch to 4th version, dungeons might be 2 for example and so on.
alternatively you can choose them yourself in the drop downs on the config tab[/quote]

so if i’m questing in a pvp enabled zone it will auto default to PVP=4 even though i’m targetting a mob?
which means that in raid, pvp=4 will never be activated?

is there a way to enable the pve version regardless? say… if i were to delete all other configurations except the one i want, will that force it to work (i.e. pve rotation only)

You can set 4 to activate in a raid though if that’s what you want, you just alter the drop downs in the configuration tab when you edit the macro.

so if i’m questing in a pvp enabled zone it will auto default to PVP=4 even though i’m targetting a mob?
which means that in raid, pvp=4 will never be activated?

I don’t get what you mean?

Targeting a mob has nothing to do with anything.

When you zone into a pvp area and GS can detect it then yes it will auto default into pvp 4