Piercing Shot- Reposting

Re-posting the Piercing shot macro, as I’m a dumbass and must have deleted something, so it’s not showing on the forums but I can see it.

This macro is far superior than the Tricky macro I posted, in my opinion. On the Tricky thread I posted 475-500k dps on normal Skorp @ iLvL 874. This week at iLvl 884 I was posting 1.08 mil dps on Skorp with this Piercing macro.

Volley removed and is manual toggel, also removed MoC (you can add it if you want to just switch a single talent point between fights using a Tome of Tranquil).

Again, the key binds in my G910 keyboard are:
1 press (Marked Shot on key #1)
1 release
2 press (Piercing Shot on key #2)
2 release
3 press (Piercing Macro (Below) on key #3
3 release

Pierciing Key Sequence

I also have an AHK script for my other computer that doesn’t have a G910 and this works just as well, same press/release and end of script delays.

Sequences['Piercing'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Ronburgandie@Arygos",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1113132",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Hunter_FocusedAim',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Multi-Shot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Trueshot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Aimed Shot",
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Awesome. Thanks for reposting this, Parrot. I’ve borrowed the Spitz idea to optimize my old sidewinders macro with marked on 1 and sidewinders on two. It’s great seeing those almost never miss a swing timer.

I sure miss when we had 100% instant aims. Still hoping for the legendary gloves to get some of that back.

[quote quote=45597]Awesome. Thanks for reposting this, Parrot. I’ve borrowed the Spitz idea to optimize my old sidewinders macro with marked on 1 and sidewinders on two. It’s great seeing those almost never miss a swing timer.
I sure miss when we had 100% instant aims. Still hoping for the legendary gloves to get some of that back.
[/quote]

Swapping out Sidewinders for Piercing could be a good idea for higher AoE fights. I’m a cheap-o, so I don’t like burning Tome of Tranquil Mind very often, because of how much they still cost on the AH. I’ll try your sidewinder version next raid, see how things go.

Can you provide some sort of logs of the kills you used this on? I am trying to replicate this using Razer synapse but I am getting poor results (898 MM hunter).

Hi Parrot,

would you please provide assistance for that AHK Press - release script as well. Thank you very much.

Change <anykey> to the hotkey you want to use

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$<anykey>::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send {1}
Send {2}
Send {3}
sleep 200
}
return
}

Edit- Edit the sleep (delay) to what works best for you, your latency, and your GCD (Trueshot varies this a lot via increased haste)

Thank you for sharing. I will give MM another go tonight. I’m a little discourage playing MM with the changes Blizzard made LOL

[quote quote=45602]Can you provide some sort of logs of the kills you used this on? I am trying to replicate this using Razer synapse but I am getting poor results (898 MM hunter).
[/quote]

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WhX4TqnKd32x9rAa

Tonight’s fight. 885 going in, 887 coming out.

Parrot, would there be a way to modify this to use Bursting Shot? I want to try this out, but I need that in the macro since I have the legendary bracers that cause huge damage on that. If you could provide me one with Bursting Shot weaved in there somewhere I’d be much obliged :slight_smile:

Next post :slight_smile:

Bursting Shot on line #6

Sequences['Piercing'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Ronburgandie@Arygos",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1113132",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Hunter_FocusedAim',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [combat,nochanneling] Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Bursting Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Perfect Parrot, I will run my tests with it today and let you know how I fare. I am currently using Ron’s macro which he created specifically because he had the bracers and its been decent, but I want to see if this pushed out more DPS over a period of time.

OK so just tested it out. I am gear level 845 with the legendary bracers.

Trick Shot Macro (was currently using) - Avg DPS: 350k
Piercing Macro above: Avg Dps: 200k

I have AHK set to 80ms in running the macros. I don’t understand why the huge discrepancy? Any ideas?

Tested on target dummies in Order Hall 5 min for each macro.

[quote quote=45762]OK so just tested it out. I am gear level 845 with the legendary bracers.
Trick Shot Macro (was currently using) – Avg DPS: 350k Piercing Macro above: Avg Dps: 200k
I have AHK set to 80ms in running the macros. I don’t understand why the huge discrepancy? Any ideas?
Tested on target dummies in Order Hall 5 min for each macro.
[/quote]

No idea why… Check talents, make sure Volley is on, and clear the macro script (delete) any talents you may not currently have.

Anyway to make this without keypress ?

[quote quote=45597]Awesome. Thanks for reposting this, Parrot. I’ve borrowed the Spitz idea to optimize my old sidewinders macro with marked on 1 and sidewinders on two. It’s great seeing those almost never miss a swing timer.
[/quote]

Mind PMing me the macro?

Keeps getting this notification for 80% of macros I try to import
Storage [string"storage"]:3: unexpected symbol near ‘?’. Anyone know what this means

Good Macro!

I’ve been running this for several raids and it’s working well. It does sometimes stall after movement or when switching mobs, but I found that turning off a bunch of addons helped.

ilvl 898, 1.8M on normal skorpyon with the legendary belt and boots. Not bad at all. Would love to have the legendary gloves to help offset the big hit movement fights do to the numbers.

[quote quote=46324]Keeps getting this notification for 80% of macros I try to import Storage [string”storage”]:3: unexpected symbol near ‘?’. Anyone know what this means
[/quote]

yes when you post the macro into GSSE make sure you remove any spaces from the beginning of each line and usually there’s a couple of spaces at the end of the author line too.

and/or remove the helptext lines at that sometimes causes a issue

Parrot -

I’m digging this macro especially as I use AHK but I don’t like the fact that your AHK script is toggle. I’ve tried modifying it so it’s key-press but I’m finding that the macro now gets hung up every now and then…it primarily happens when target changes occur.

Can you test out my below AHK script and see it if happens with you? And maybe modify if you thing it needs it?

{
$::
Send 1
Send 2
Send 3
sleep 200
return
}

Thanks.