Please help with the new GSE

Hey everyone, I can’t make the macro I want for my new Havoc DH…
I just want to make a priority simple macro like 2.0.
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/cast [nochanneling] Sinful Brand
/cast [nochanneling] Eye Beam
/cast [nochanneling] Blade Dance
/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike
/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura

how do I put it in a priority in 3.0? please help!

Hit new - delete existing action block - add a loop - set it to priority - Put each of those in an individual action blocks within the loop - hit save

1 Like

ty so much, I’ve just read how to use the new GSE, getting used to it but I still think GSE2 was better :frowning:

Yes and no. There are pros and cons to both. GSE2 had its own learning curve but had a bunch of elements that were unreliable and vague. In contrast GSE3 punishes ignorance. It punishes ignorance of how Macros actually work by and ignorance of your class.

It’s like this: if you were used to riding a horse and someone gave you a Ferrari. Putting your saddle, which you are very familiar with, on the roof and attaching reigns to the bumper won’t make it go. No amount of spur kicking or yelling or whipping is going to make it go forward. It might break the windows though.

If you go back in time on this forums posts you can find the howling on how GSE2 was the worst thing ever and people were never going to update. It was too hard and the old way was better.

2 Likes

Been having a problem as well, I make first loop with each spell in new blocks. The problem I have though is I try to add a new loop at the end with a pause break and put demon’s bite in in a new block under that. Whenever I add a pause block the saved variables disappear, it wont let me save changes or even delete the macro or start over. It only happens when a pause break is added.

That might be the missing link - could you please add that to [BUG] Variable Section bugging out · Issue #899 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub I’m on a phone and may miss this again

I started to play at the end of BFA so I don’t really know…
idk why but after I learned GSE3, it isn’t that bad, GSE2 was just really comfortable