Priority Macro

I want to make a simple priority macro for my hunter.

Cast Glaive Shot
Cast Arcane Shot

Glaive Shot will be cast if off CD, otherwise Arcane Shot will be cast.

How can I do this?

[quote quote=6470]I want to make a simple priority macro for my hunter.

Cast Glaive Shot

Cast Arcane Shot

Glaive Shot will be cast if off CD, otherwise Arcane Shot will be cast.

How can I do this?
[/quote]
Hello Branden Korth, I have not tested the following but believe what you are looking for it would look like this:```
/castsequence reset=0.3 Glaive Toss
/cast Arcane Shot

or```
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 Glaive Toss

Hopefully one of the two should work how you want it.

I tried both codes and all that happens is that Arcane Shot gets fired. Glaive Toss never goes off. Maybe I am doing it wrong? I have Macrobank and WoWLazyMacros installed.

I type “/m” and go to the Macrobank addon. I already had the Preloaded macros enabled. So I go to the Hunter section and click “Create” I use the Temporary Name slot and copy and paste your code into the macro. I then click “Load”. It loads the macro into the WoW default area for macros and I drag it to my bars.

Is that all there is to it or an I doing it wrong? Do I need to click save? Everytime I click save, it doesnt save it.

Hello Branden, maybe is because I used the same names that you mentioned. I just look at WoWHead and the correct name of the spell is Glaive Toss instead of Glaive Shot. I will correct it on the last post.

Sorry for the mistake. I tried again and the first macro you gave only fires glaive toss, arcane shot does not go off.

The second macro fires glaive toss once and then will only fire arcance shot.

Try to increase the resets to something higher and try again.
Replace the last number of reset like this:

reset=0.5

or

reset=0.7

No more than 0.9 or it usually quits working altogether.
I will try to login to the game later and see if it works on my end.

I just tested the macros and the bottom version seems to be the only one that is working right.

Thanks for helping. The bottom version worked for me as well, but I had to set the reset to 0.9.

Now i seen this reset 0.3 0.5 0.7 and 0.9 i know it have something to do with latency right? If so wich one is the most optimal or wich one is working for most people?

Regards

Hello @Mbd , the macro latency tweak varies in a user basis. For some people a lower number works just fine, while others it does not work at all because the latency is so high that affects the timing completely on how the macro should behave and it prevents them from using the priority system.

While you might find a number to be optimal for you, it might not be the same for other player. It depends on how high the latency is and adjust from that.

[quote quote=6511]Now i seen this reset 0.3 0.5 0.7 and 0.9 i know it have something to do with latency right? If so wich one is the most optimal or wich one is working for most people?

Regards
[/quote]

there is also this topic
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/the-castsequence-reset0-3-0-explanation

Hi I tried your macro, even with different timings, 0.5 and 0.7 and 0.9. However it never worked. Btw I have swapped 2 spells for the warrior:

/castsequence reset=0,9 0, Devastate /castsequence reset=0,9 Shield Slam
As I said I tried it with different numbers even. So What am I doing wrong?

ps: There are no typos I have just shift-clicked the spells into the macro to exclude that. And Macro Toolkit shows me no errors. Please help

again this is old coding method i would be

/castsequence reset=(timer on glaive toss) Glaive Toss
/cast Arcane Shot