Prot Pally 6.0.2 (WIP) PTR + Beta

AoE and ST Versions are listed, but I just run around using the AOE all the time.

AOE

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Judgment
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 1 2
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Hammer of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 2 3
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Holy Wrath
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 3 4
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shield of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 4 5
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Avenger's Shield
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 5 1

Single Target

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Judgment
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 1 2
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Crusader Strike
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 2 3
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Holy Wrath
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 3 4
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shield of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 4 5
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 Avenger's Shield
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/swapactionbar 5 1

One question, how do you use your defensive abilities with these macros, on which action bar do you place defensive spells?

Hi, I have been away from the game for a looooong time and made a recent return, prior to WoD as ti seems very ‘TBC’ ish and I like the initial outlook of this expac…

Anyway…the lazymacros have made my return significantly better and after some theory crafting etc…I am back in the game!!

My question is this…I have never written a Macro and I can see from other forum posts that there is a cast sequence that they follow, however I can see from the above post this is completely different in 6.0, is this because the script is dead in PTR etc…and you simply can’t write them? also the bar swaps, I have never seen them before, how does it work? do I need 5 bars with a macro on each or is each macro bound to a key 1-5 for example? sorry for noob questions

Hi, it seems scripts are disabked in 6.0, thats why the guys are using the cast bar switching, as far as I can gather you will need 5 cast bars, placing the macros on the same key, example all in spot 1 of every cast bar.

I think one of the pros here could give you a much better informed answer though.

Thanks Will, presumably the command ‘/swapactionbar 5 1’ automatically swaps between the pre keyed cast bars?

From what i have been experiencing myself in PTR 6.0 is that the macros are very limited on what spells you can place in one. The swap bar style was an easy answer for this. Most classes you can get away with a 3 bar swap (see my SHADOW PRIEST 6.0 Build) and unfortunately some do require that fourth or more. I have written a very similar macro for prot i will be posting shortly. I too have had leave the big 3 Defensive CD’s out ( Guard of kings and Ardent ) but that isnt a bad thing. From what i have been seeing is that those CD’s are going to be needed at key moments in fights to ensure survival so having them separate is key. you can make another custom macro just for your defensive s and place them anywhere you would like in keybindings or on the same spot over all the actionbars needed to run the swap bar method. Hope that sheds some light on the issue at hand, and if you have any other questions I will answer my best from personal experiences in PTR. Also this method is an easy fix to other macro addons not updated/ not working yet. :slight_smile: and they are all with in the 255 limits for those who choose not to use said addons.

Brad- Villesin- Stormrage Alliance

Single Target Prot Action Bar 1

#showtooltip 
/castsequence Holy Prism
/cast [combat] Shield of the Righteous
/swapactionbar 1 2

Action Bar 2

#showtooltip 
/castsequence reset=target Avenger's Shield,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Sacred Shield,Judgment,Holy Wrath,Word of Glory,Sacred Shield
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/swapactionbar 2 3

Actionbar 3

#showtooltip 
/castsequence Crusader Strike
/cast [combat] Divine Protection
/swapactionbar 3 4

Action Bar 4

#showtooltip
/castsequence Consecration
/cast Judgment
/swapactionbar 4 1

Defensive Cool Downs

/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

For AOE where ever you see CRUSADER STRIKE replace that with HAMMER OF THE RIGHTEOUS. Hope you find them handy.

Thanks, so much…my left arm is out of action so I am pretty much a one handed player so these macros are a game saver for me and make my gaming a far better experience. It will be an adjustment of course but with your and others guidance I am sure I can adapt!

Thanks so much for the help Brad, seems theres light at the end of the tunnel yet :smiley:

Thanks Brad! I like your set up better than mine!

can someone explain how to setup the swap bar? its only showing 2 swap bars

At the first bunch of macros, he never uses Avengers Shield.
Already changed the 0.3 to something else, nothing helped.

Kind of new to macros how do i make these work ? I copied teh macros but they don’t trigger like written

I can’t edit my post so I suggest using Brad’s Macro, its a lot better than mine

Thanks Brad ! Could you possibly make this into a one button one Bar Marco ? I use Super Duper Macro add-on

do i need a addon for the swap bar makros i cant understand how this works … playing standard ui in the mom

thank you all for the great work!

Been a long time coming… but here is a update at level 100 now :slight_smile: Not much has changed but have managed to get the rotation down to a 3 button swap only instead of four or more.

Talents (X) = to talent of your choice----- X - X - 3 - X - 2 - 1 - 3

Glyphs are Personal Choice as well… I went with Alabaster, Consecrator , Divine Protection

/castsequence Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Sacred Shield,Crusader Strike,Judgment
/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 2 
/castsequence !Holy Prism,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence !Shield of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
/cast Divine Protection
/swapactionbar 2 3 
/castsequence !Avenger's Shield,!Holy Wrath
/castsequence !Hammer of Wrath,Hammer of Wrath
/swapactionbar 3 1