Prot Pally ... GnomeSequencer

Feel free to try these out, I use them in the current heroic dungeons. The being said I am lazy but I am not a one button winner. I have many abilities off to the side so I can used them as needed not just all the time.

Sequences['Prot'] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=combat Seal of Insight,null ]], "/cast Avenger's Shield" , '/cast Judgment', '/cast Crusader Strike', '/cast Holy Wrath', '/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration', '/cast Hammer of Wrath', '/cast Shield of the Righteous', PostMacro = [[ ]], }

Sequences[‘ProtAOE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=combat Seal of Insight,null
]],
“/cast Avenger’s Shield” ,
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Hammer of the Righteous’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
‘/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
‘/cast Shield of the Righteous’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Great job. Yours is the only macro so far to do more dps than mine. The only change i see that needs to be made is you don’t have holy prism in there. I think you will notice quite the improvement my macroing it in like so.

Sequences['ProtAOE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast Avenger's Shield]] ,
[[/cast Judgment]],
[[/cast Hammer of the Righteous]],
[[/cast Holy Wrath]],
[[/cast Holy Prism]],
[[/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration]],
[[/cast Hammer of Wrath]],
[[/cast Shield of the Righteous]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

I don’t have Prism in there as I am not spec’d into it. I am currently 1,1,3,2,2,2,3 … Light’s Hammer is amazing for snap aggro, and for those fights, like at the last boss of Everbloom, where you get adds popping up in the middle of the fight. But if you prefer Prism, I would build it like you have above.

wish i could get my macro working on my prot pally it doesnt seem to be working for me…

I have this and the single target version (replace Hammer of The Righteous with Crusader Strike)

However, I notice that Consecration doesn’t go off.

I use a Logitech G13 gameboard with 100ms repeat on the spam key…

Found some syntax errors in the posted ones so hopefully these post without after I got them working for me. GL

Sequences[‘Prot’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Avenger’s Shield’ ,
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Crusader Strike’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences[‘ProtAOE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

i tries both macros and i keep getting a error on it. what am i missing on it

Sequences[‘Prot’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Crusader Strike’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences[‘ProtAOE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Holy Wrath’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Please be aware the above will need punctuation editing in order to use it. The macro is sound and work’s well. Also ‘/Avenger’s Shield’, should actually be “/Avenger’s Shield”, due to the punctuation within the spell name.
The punctuation is correct except this web site editing tools use a custom font and some assignment are not recognized by gnome sequencer.

[quote quote=21370]Please be aware the above will need punctuation editing in order to use it. The macro is sound and work’s well. Also ‘/Avenger’s Shield’, should actually be “/Avenger’s Shield”, due to the punctuation within the spell name.
The punctuation is correct except this web site editing tools use a custom font and some assignment are not recognized by gnome sequencer.[/quote]

No, as has been frequently stated it is best to stay with a single style. [[ does not conflict with '. Further it is better to simply get in the habit of escaping single quotation marks so avenger’s shield should be properly written as avenger’s shield.

In short:
Pick a style and stick with it chose [[, " or ’ but be consistent.
Always escape special characters like ’ when they appear in a name by adding a \ in front of them

Corrected macro:

Sequences['Prot'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast Avenger\’s Shield',
'/cast Judgment',
'/cast Crusader Strike',
'/cast Holy Wrath',
'/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration',
'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
'/cast Shield of the Righteous',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences['ProtAOE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast Avenger\’s Shield',
'/cast Judgment',
'/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
'/cast Holy Wrath',
'/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration',
'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
'/cast Shield of the Righteous',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Okay, I posted a new topic a few days ago, hoping for help, but no one replied thus far. Nevertheless, I thought I’d try messing with it again, and using one of the above-posted macro’s, I’ve had some success.

Main difference for my need is I’m a PvP’er, mostly battlegrounds, and spend a lot of time taking/defending flags/nodes…

I’ve been using Selfless Healer talent, but for sake of the macro already having Sacred Shield in it, I changed to Sacred Shield, and that’s fine…

My talents: 2/1/3/3/1/1/2 My glyphs: dazing shield, alabaster shield, consecrator

My basic ‘rotation’ follows a FCFS focused on building Holy Power (HoPo) for Seraphim slam. I have Seraphim, Holy Avenger, and on-use Trinket macro’d together.

Usually Seal of Righteousness. I’ve found from my own studies on single-target target dummy (behind my Gladiator Sanctum) that this Seal hits harder than the combined hit+DOT of Seal of Truth.

I generally open with Judgment and Avenger’s Shield while closing gap to melee range, then Crusader Strike, Consecration, Judgment, Crusader Strike, Holy Wrath… Holy Prism…

I’d prefer to keep Shield of the Righteous separate from the macro so that I can build HoPo for Seraphim instead of having it dump with SotR.

Manually, I’m pulling consistent 11k dps at i627, with Seraphim/Holy Avenger/Trinket, I get about 13.5k, and average about 12.5k. This is on the Gladiator Sanctum target dummy using recount.

This is the macro I’m currently using:

Sequences[‘ProtPvP’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast Avenger’s Shield]],
[[/cast Judgment]],
[[/cast Crusader Strike]],
[[/cast Holy Wrath]],
[[/cast Holy Prism]],
[[/castsequence reset=6 Sacred Shield,Consecration,Consecration,Consecration]],
[[/cast Hammer of Wrath]],
[[/cast Shield of the Righteous]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Everything seems to fire just fine, but I think it leaves some gaps that I feel could be improved. Couldn’t I set it up more like my actual rotation?

Why is Consecration in there 3 times?

Any suggestions? Thanks

okay, I’ve set up 2 rotation macros, one that leaves out SotR, so that I can build the 5 HoPo for Seraphim, then I activate my BAM! macro (Seraphim, Holy Avenger, on-use trinket) and switch to my 2nd rotation macro (which includes SotR) and I’m pretty well set.

I still wanna know, why is Consecration is in there 3 times in a row, and also, why doesn’t Consecration fire off all the time when I’m actively working the macro?, i.e., I would think that it would pretty much be firing 100% of the time, but there are times when it goes several seconds without Consecration up, and that means some missed DPS, and since I generally am a Flag/node defender, it could mean some missed AOE during fight…not that its gonna matter much…

Not sure why but when i spam my keys for any macros my toon keeps saying 1 in the chat even though my chat isnt highlighted.