Prot Paly 5.4.7 Flawless Macros

If you find consecration not firing make sure your ““NOT”” glyphed for it. That requires placement.

What seal are you using with both macros?

Seem to have a problem with this line:

/cast [target=Heartoffate] holy prism

Won’t cast Holy Prism in either the single target or AOE macro. I can cast it manually

[quote quote=13045]What seal are you using with both macros?

Seem to have a problem with this line:

/cast [target=Heartoffate] holy prism

Won’t cast Holy Prism in either the single target or AOE macro. I can cast it manually
[/quote]

The only Seal a Prot Paladin should be using is Insight.

The [target=heartoffate] is more than likely his name. You can just do a [target=player] to self cast.

The only Seal a Prot Paladin should be using is Insight.

The [target=heartoffate] is more than likely his name. You can just do a [target=player] to self cast.
[/quote]

Thanks Brent, you are correct in that is my pally’s name. I still can’t get the Holy prism to fire at all using this macro, everything else seems to work. I copied the macro from earlier in the post:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,hammer of wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,avenger's shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,holy wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,avenger's shield
/castsequence shield of the righteous,judgment,crusader strike,judgment,eternal flame,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous
/castsequence consecration
/cast [target=player] holy prism
/cast avenger's shield
/cast avenging wrath
/cast divine protection
/use 14

I have something different than holy prism. I can try to take a look at it tonight and see what happens on my side and replace it with what I have and see if its the line itself :smiley:

Holy prism won’t show up on recount if you are just testing this macro on a training dummy. You have to test it in a raid environment. Where you are taking damage. This macro works flawlessly for me. I created it. 37K healing done on garrosh hole prism fires just fine. Check your spacing for problems. If the spacing isn’t right stuff won’t work.

It shows up as damage tho. When you target yourself it heals you then splits in 5 beams that do damage. When used to attack it hits the target for damage then spits in to 5 heal beams. So even during testing on a dummy it will show up. And you can just put the ability on your bar to see if its firing off as soon as it come off CD. Which, more times than not it will not with huge all in 1 macros like this.

I too have the same problem with Holy Prism never firing. I have holy prism on my bar along with the others just to be sure they fire and holy prism never goes into cooldown. I have Holy Prism as my talent and can fire it off manually or in a separate macro by itself but in here it never fires. Am I missing something here. Other than that issue the macro has worked great for me.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,hammer of wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,avenger's shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,holy wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,avenger's shield
/castsequence shield of the righteous,judgment,hammer of the righteous,judgment,eternal flame,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous
/castsequence consecration
/cast avenger's shield
/cast avenging wrath
/cast divine protection

One solution you could try would be to add a extra 0 to the pq macro lines and on the consecration line do a /castsequence reset=0.3 0, consecration

It’s more than likely the fact that you have too many /cast at the bottom that initiate a GCD.

It might resolve your issue. But like I said many times before, the bigger the macro the more mistakes you will see. I do not use or test these big macros but it may fix it.

Brent that appeared to fix it. Now everything is firing off. So I changed it like you mentioned to the following. Thank you sir.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,hammer of wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,avenger's shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,holy wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,avenger's shield
/castsequence shield of the righteous,judgment,hammer of the righteous,judgment,eternal flame,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous,shield of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0, consecration
/cast avenger's shield
/cast avenging wrath
/cast divine protection

Glad I could help.

Okay any chance someone can update or give me one that will use Eternal Fire at 4 to go along side the 4 peices tier 16?

It’s not that easy. Since both Shield of the Righteous and Eternal Flame are off the GCD can make it extremely difficult to make it into a all in macro.

What I was doing when I was tanking was manually hitting EF when I had two charges of HoPo, because as soon as I got three SoTR would fire off.

It might be doable with some creative chain macros tho. Like I said, it would be very difficult to do.

Dun dun dun…
#showtooltip Crusader Strike
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence Seal of Insight,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Holy Prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Avenger’s Shield
/cast Hammer of Wrath
/cast [combat] Holy Avenger
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/cast [combat] Divine Protection
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Is my macro, I left out my last castsequence because that is what I am using for my SotR and EF. So since SotR and EF are off GCD does that mean all I need do is set a. /castsequence SotR,SotR,SotR,EF
Since that sequence will always contuinue is that line it will be me 3 BoG for a 4peice t16 EF? Everything else should cast thru just fine or do GCD castsequence not work like that ?

For the prot pally t16 4 set bonus you should add a line with this, /castsequence shield of the righteous, eternal flame, shield of the righteous, shield of the righteous, shield of the righteous, shield of the righteous.
This will cast one sotr then a weak eternal flame just to get some healing going. Then it will run bastion of glory up to 5 stacks and cast really strong eternal flames. Though if you have a shit ton of haste it might reapply eternal flame too soon and waste something.

Nvm

While at 3 or more stacks of Bastion of Glory, your next Word of Glory will consume no Holy Power and count as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. You still want to use eternal flame at 5 stacks of BoG. The tier 16 bonus just removes the holy power consumption.

You cannot get a 5 stack BoG without letting EF drop. So you will only be doing 3pt BoGs