protection 5.4

Why does my macro work for half of a fight and then it doesnt am i doing something wrong i have macrobank and use the following

AOE:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,4,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0 5 0,1,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Holy wrath
/castsequence reset=9 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

Single:

/castsequence reset=9 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

One day it will work fine the whole day next day it is very sporatic…

Thanks in advance

[quote quote=10520]here are the ones we have concluded

AOE

/castsequence reset=9  Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

SINGLE TARGET

/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

i have to apologize to Brent for the Sacred Shield, but helps a lot in survivability that is why i use it at the end of the cast sequence.<br>
that way it does not go off every 6 secs but more like 15.
[/quote]

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, but I CANNOT get any of the [/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Sacred Shield] line to work for me. None of the talents will fire.

Few things about it, I’ve dropped SS in favor of EF with all the nerfs to SS, it’s basically a wasted talent now. I also prefer Sanctified Wrath to HA, but I’ve made adjustments for that. What I cannot figure out is why none of that line will fire for me at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the time you all put into these macros.

The way that line is constructed if you do not have a Seal active it will not fire Judgment. When switching g specs ect it can drop your active Seal. Also if you are not in mellee range it will never go past Crusader Strike. Just another reason I do not use cast " chains ".

I haven’t loaded and tested, just a quick glance at it. Make sure you have a seal active.

[quote quote=11241]The way that line is constructed if you do not have a Seal active it will not fire Judgment. When switching g specs ect it can drop your active Seal. Also if you are not in mellee range it will never go past Crusader Strike. Just another reason I do not use cast ” chains “.

I haven’t loaded and tested, just a quick glance at it. Make sure you have a seal active.
[/quote]

DOHP, and another dumbass move undertaken!! Yeah, simple fix, to a dumb mistake. =D thanks for pointing out the obvious, I apparently missed it! :wink:

I’ve been using a modified version of the Ret-All-In-One.
Just press any modifier for the AOE version to fire.

This is the main macro:

#show Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,0,0,Consecration
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.5 0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=9 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/use [combat]Divine Protection
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/startattack

I also have Shield of the Righteous and Word of Glory on a macro:

/stopcasting
/cast [mod] Word of Glory; Shield of the Righteous

And Avenger’s Shield on it’s own button.

You can use the “short form” mod macro instead of using different lines.

It looks like this.

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 x;y

What it will do is fire y all the time. But if you hold a modifier down it will change to x and only fire x till the mod button is no longer held down. It saves space but does the exact same thing.

These seem to work a charm. However may I ask a question please!?

1. Can I spam button press these, or does spamming the button faster than the gcd mess with the macros?

2. I just cant get - Shield of the Righteous to fire off in either AOE or Single target rotation, am I doing something wrong?

Re question 2, I have ensured I have an active seal. I seem to sit at 5HP pretty much the whole time as the macro just wont cast Shield of the Righteous. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can mash these macros as fast as you can. I actually use a the Razor Naga mmo mouse. You can download softwear that you can use to set up a key press macro that you can just hold the button down and it will press the button for you. You can add a delay into it so you can have it press the button from every tenth of a second to once every two seconds. I have mine set up to zero delay. It prolly hits the button about. 100k times a minute, way faster than doing it manually and slit easier on the hands.

As far as that ability not working. If you ate using the macro above your post, you will have do it manually.

Thanks for your reply Brent!

I am actually using your AOE one, not the one above.

I dont tank much, I am a Ret PVE’r, I know my rotation for ret I just want a lazy one button rotation for when I have to tank a LFR or something.

/castsequence reset=9  Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

Problem is, Shield of the Righteous just will not work. It tags the skill correctly within the macro i.e. it is highlighted purple (Macro Toolkit). Just wont ever blooming fire it off. I guess I need to be less lazy and start to cast it manually. But any ideas greatly received!

Thanks for the macros!

That is actually not my macro if you are interested in my macros they are listed under “small ret/prot variety of macros” or something like that.

Looking at I am not sure why is isn’t firing off. Nothing is standing out, other than if you do not have a shield equipped it won’t fire off.

Thanks Brent, I will take a look at your macros, as these ones dont seem to be working for me.

I am using a Rat5 mouse, not a naga unfortunately, so I was wondering, the software you mentioned, is that specific to Razor? Or something I can download to enable me to hold the buttons instead?

Just thought, I also use a Razer Nostromo:-
http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo/

Can I use this for my auto-clicking requirements?

Cheers

Yeah it’s Razors softwear.

OK guys, I need some help here, I know I’m not geared very well but I have used every macro on this board changing my specs to match the macros. The best dps I can get out of any of them is about 20k. Very embarrassing in a heroic dungeon when you are barely beating the healer. Any advice you can give, spec, glyphs, anything???

Thanks all…

Here is what i am currently Rocking as far as a Macro goes I am avg anywhere from 50 to 55k dps on the Dummy Boss at the shrine. Gear score is currently 543 and talents are 1,1,2,2,3,1.

#show Crusader Strike
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,5,6,Holy Prism
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,5,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use [combat]Divine Protection
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

Try it out let me know of any Improvements or major Flaws.
Tanks alot.