/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Sacred shield
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=9 judgment,hammer of the righteous,consecration
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 14

i need help on tweaking it to raise dps

You are missing Avengers Shield. It hits for a TON of damage. Its our hardest hitting ability as prot. You can glyph it for single target for more damage.

if i put it in there it will not work so i keep it on a separate button.
i have tried everything to get it in there but with no luck.

I like the setup though i haven’t tried it yet. I prefer AS on a separate button because i like to pull with it and have control on when to use it

Well another thing i would suggest it to shorten it. I have never had any great success pairing cast chains with PQ macros, they tend to freeze up and cause issues. Also you have Consecration in your chain, that is on a 10 second CD, probably not the best idea with a 6 and 4 second in front of it, you could have a bit of idle time there with no attacks.

Not sure why i did not notice this before but you are using Hammer of the Righteous. That is for aoe. Single target, Crusader Strike is what you should be using.

I would take out SS, that will eat up a global every 6 seconds, but it lasts 30, better off putting Avengers Shield in and pulling out SS. If you put AS in where you have HA it should fire off on cooldown and with Grand Crusader procs. I know you said you prefer it off the macro but unless you are very good and quick at using Grand Crusader procs i would add it in, its a large chunk of your dmg.

I use

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,1,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,shield of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,holy prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,consecration
/use avenger's shield

It always fires off AS for pulls and GC procs. I am playing with it tho and thinking of removing Holy Prism. I know Hammer of Wrath isnt in the macro either, but i also left out Holy Wrath. If you understand the manual rotation well enough you quickly learn its pretty much CS,J,filler,CS,filler,J,CS,filler,filler and repeat always using AS on cooldown and procs. So for ease of use i left out Holy Wrath. As i said in previous posts, i am not a fan off the all in 1 macro.

Hope that helps, might have been more confusing than helpful if so i apologize.

@BRENT
ty for your reply and your info but i have some questions

1. have u tested the macro?
  2. since consecration has 10 sec cd why not using it in chain?
  3. have u played in lfr or something cause as i recall it you need aoe dps and not single target. that is why i use Hammer of the Righteous.
    and 4. i did not said i was not happy with my macro but i think he needs more dps. that is my main consern right now.
    except that i am very happy with it. got me though every raid and dungeon i have been so far.
    and as for Sacred shield provides me with survivability with the incoming dmg so i think it is logical that it is in there

@BRENT YOUR MACRO DOES NOT WORK MY FREIND?

Ok. What is not working? Works great for me. Feed back helps, just saying it does not work means nothing.

[quote quote=10427]@BRENT<br>
ty for your reply and your info but i have some questions<br>

1. have u tested the macro?<br>
  2. since consecration has 10 sec cd why not using it in chain?<br>
  3. have u played in lfr or something cause as i recall it you need aoe dps and not single target. that is why i use Hammer of the Righteous.<br>
    and 4. i did not said i was not happy with my macro but i think he needs more dps. that is my main consern right now.<br>
    except that i am very happy with it. got me though every raid and dungeon i have been so far.<br>
    and as for Sacred shield provides me with survivability with the incoming dmg so i think it is logical that it is in there[/quote]

Just tested your macro. Works pretty well. Like i thought tho you are losing globals on SS which hurts the dps. And using HoR on single target (most boss fights are single target) is a Dps loss. I tested with CS instead and saw a couple thousand dps increase.

It was much more fluid than i would have thought. It works well. I had to put it into macro toolkit tho and that is where my trouble lies. I get massive lag using a extender or overly long elaborate macros. And it seems in prot spec it is even worse.

My results are i burst for around 60k with your macro and leveled off at 46-47k. When i changed it to use CS, it went up to 65k and 51k. Mine i burst for around 68-69k and leveled off at 55k. Both tests were in ilvl 435 ret set with a blue 471 shield and 501 tank weapon on a lvl 60 training dummy for 5 min. Just self buff with might and using Seal of Insight.

After writing this up i realized i did not test without SS. I am sure it would be a increase in dps due to not wasting globals on it every 6 seconds.

Hope that helps, Its a really decent macro. As far as your post asking for tweaks, i stand by what i said before. Take out SS, use CS instead of HoR, and try to get AS to work on cooldown.

Edit you asked, i did not answer. I raid normals, flex and LFR. Trash you need need to have decent AOE threat. So yeah HoR is used for tanking many adds. Typically, not always, boss fight are single target.

so we will make aoe and single target macro?

Yeah, but its easy, where you have HoR, replace it with CS. That is it.

Hey guys. Here are the macros I’ve been using this patch. I’m rocking Sacred Shield, Holy Avenger and Execution Sentence. If you don’t use any of those talents, just remove the lines in the code. You can remove Shield of the Righteous if you would prefer to activate it yourself. Also, you may want to add Consecration into the single target macro if you don’t stack haste, as you will have a lot of GCDs wasted without the lowered CDs.

The multiple Avenger’s Shield lines are just to make sure AS is going off ASAP after its cooldown ends.

Single target:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=10 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Judgment,Judgment,Judgment
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/cast [combat] Holy Avenger
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/startattack

AoE:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Consecration
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger's Shield
/startattack

Any advice on how to improve would be nice, but they are working fine for me right now.

too many /castsequence in there and i am afraid i will not work as intended

i really appreciate the work you put in and i wish i knew how to do the macros and had time to learn how =) . nut for now i am relying on you guys thank you so much for the work you put in !

i believe a single target and an aoe macro would be best

here are the ones we have concluded

AOE

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,4,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0 5 0,1,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Holy wrath
/castsequence reset=9  Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

SINGLE TARGET

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,4,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0 5 0,1,Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Holy wrath
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Sacred Shield
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

i have to apologize to Brent for the Sacred Shield, but helps a lot in survivability that is why i use it at the end of the cast sequence.
that way it does not go off every 6 secs but more like 15.

You can take out two of the Avenger’s Shield lines if you want, but it will make Avenger’s Shield more sporadic. Like this:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Crusader Strike
/startattack

[quote quote=10520]here are the ones we have concluded

AOE

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,4,Hammer of Wrath<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Execution Sentence<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shield of the Righteous<br> /castsequence reset=0 5 0,1,Avenger’s Shield<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,Holy wrath<br> /castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Sacred Shield<br> /cast Holy Avenger<br> /cast Avenging Wrath
SINGLE TARGET
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,4,Hammer of Wrath<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Execution Sentence<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Shield of the Righteous<br> /castsequence reset=0 5 0,1,Avenger’s Shield<br> /castsequence reset=0.5 0,Holy wrath<br> /castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Sacred Shield<br> /cast Holy Avenger<br> /cast Avenging Wrath
i have to apologize to Brent for the Sacred Shield, but helps a lot in survivability that is why i use it at the end of the cast sequence.<br> that way it does not go off every 6 secs but more like 15. [/quote]

Its ok, it actually a better talent now that Blizzard hot fixed/nurfed Eternal Flame. EF was ticking for the same amount SS was absorbing but every 3 seconds, SS absorbs every 6. But they nurfed it where instead of healing yourself for 100% more when used on yourself, it only heals for 50% now. I am back to using SS now too, i just keep it off my macro and use a timer to track when it will fall off.

[quote quote=10520]i have to apologize to Brent for the Sacred Shield, but helps a lot in survivability that is why i use it at the end of the cast sequence. that way it does not go off every 6 secs but more like 15.
[/quote]

I use Sacred Shield much the same way in the /castsequence however I do it this way to get it firing every 30 seconds as intended. You actually want it to go off first on the pull.

/castsequence reset=9 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the righteous,Consecration

and single target

/castsequence reset=9 Sacred Shield,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Consecration

In fact I don’t have Consecration in the main /castsequence but have it as a /castsequence reset=0.3 format. The main reason for that is because sometimes I notice Judgment and/or Crusader Strike/Hammer will hang for a bit causing not as much uptime on Consecration plus on an aoe pull I want Consecration to fire off as fast as possible.

thanks guys appreciate your work