Protection All in One

I removed the 6th castsequence, and then presto it worked. And plus i removed Disarm instead and added Cleave, to try to see if it improves with aoe

It may just be me but I tried this macro in 5.4 with the last update from Seth and with the mods that Danni made and it just didn’t work well for me at all. Just a thought but why would you put things like Spell Reflect and Shield wall in a castsequence macro? Seems like they should be more “on-demand” spells. Just my thoughts.

Im realtively new here and just getting into the understanding of these long “all in 1” macro’s… but i’ve come to realise i personally think its better to have a specific Single Target and an AoE/Trash Target Macro… and the Single Target Macro cant include Shield Slam as it doesnt fire quick enough when Devestate proc’s Sword and Board.

I have trimmed down the last macro a bit, Removed alot and i’ve just done a couple of scenario’s with it… and it seems to work fine.

Im not taking any credit for this, all the credit goes to Seth for the original work, i’ve just trimmed the fat as they say.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0, Cleave
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Victory Rush
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Execute
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Commanding Shout
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,Revenge
/castsequence reset=target/2 Shield Slam, Devastate
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Shield Block
/cast [combat] Shield Barrier
/cast Charge
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Now this doesnt Proc Shield Slam quick enough for say LFR when you dont have 0.2 seconds to build insane TPS before the Hunters spam some CD’s. Its probably a semi Decent introductory 5 man macro.

I have removed the defensive Cooldown’s as they are situational and i prefer to pop them when it suits.

Hope i havent stepped on anyones toes here… and Keep the great work coming :slight_smile: this website has given this old geezer a little bit life back into WoW.

I’ve made a slight adjustment to the rotation… it now Shield Slams alot more but Revenge alot less… its a fair trade in my opinion but if you want revenge more… Also Included Dragon Roar as i switched talents.

New Macro:

/castsequence reset=0.2 0,Shield Slam
/castsequence reset=target/3 Shield Slam, Devastate, Revenge
/cast [combat] Dragon Roar
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast Charge
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[quote quote=12281]Im realtively new here and just getting into the understanding of these long “all in 1″ macro’s… but i’ve come to realise i personally think its better to have a specific Single Target and an AoE/Trash Target Macro… and the Single Target Macro cant include Shield Slam as it doesnt fire quick enough when Devestate proc’s Sword and Board.

I have trimmed down the last macro a bit, Removed alot and i’ve just done a couple of scenario’s with it… and it seems to work fine.

Im not taking any credit for this, all the credit goes to Seth for the original work, i’ve just trimmed the fat as they say.

/castsequence reset=target/2 Shield Slam, Devastate
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast Charge
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Now this doesnt Proc Shield Slam quick enough for say LFR when you dont have 0.2 seconds to build insane TPS before the Hunters spam some CD’s. Its probably a semi Decent introductory 5 man macro.

I have removed the defensive Cooldown’s as they are situational and i prefer to pop them when it suits.

Hope i havent stepped on anyones toes here… and Keep the great work coming :) this website has given this old geezer a little bit life back into WoW.
[/quote]

Sarkkas I just wanted to say welcome to the site and I/we appreciate your interest in helping those in need, myself included. I agree with you about having two separate macros for single and aoe. I also agree that the defensive cd’s should not be in a castsequence macro such as this since they are situational and should be saved/used “as needed”. My only question is in your trimming of the macro you left in Shield Block and Shield Barrier. Do you leave them in because they have such a small cooldown and therefore have pretty much a 100% uptime? Also do those two spells assist in generating rage? I really enjoy my warrior and play it both Arms/Prot but I am not as well versed in the rules of the class as I should be. Thanks again for the help.

Also on a second note. This post is on the 2nd page of the forum and since you have now updated the macro that it will work well in 5.4 do you want to create a new thread for it so that others may share?

Hi,

I left those 2 Shield Block and Shield Barrier in as a complete oversight on my part… I’m not a programmer as a professional and my knowledge is limited. But with this macro I went out to the level 90 elites on the island or Sra’vess, off the shore of Townlong Steppes. I like to practice on targets that actually Fight, hit back and Move, It makes it more realistic and easier to iron out any issues or lock up’s in the macro’s. Once I tested it thoroughly there… including survivability I moved on the tanking the rare Elites on the Timeless Island to test the Threat it generates … I tweaked it a little further and it’s almost finished.
I decided to leave the 2 Shield Block and Shield Barrier as I can take on an elite on the Timeless Island and remain at 100%, But only if you move behind the mob when its casting its “big hit”. The Big Elites on the Island of Sra’vess and 5 smaller level 90 non elite mobs I survived (with a healing potion) but as I worked through the smaller mobs I healed up with Impending Victory and finished that fight 100% again. (Not the best testing area as they stun alot and I mean ALOT!!)
When I finished a bit more testing I will release the finished version and start a new post :slight_smile:

Sarrkas - Dreanor

(P.s. Im not an uber leveled tank im ilvl 490 at current so a few of you higher geared people should be able to go “rapemode” when its done!)

WoW, thanks for the great explanation and I think your typing is just fine. I very much look forward to using the macro. My GS is only 491 so I really appreciate the effort you are putting into this.

No problem at all,

I wont publish a macro im not 100% happy with and i think i can still improve on it so give me a little more time and it will be fine… I’m currently on the Timeless Isle and i’m taking agro off people now so i know its getting better while the survivability is still present :slight_smile:

lol, the true test of a tank. Pulling aggro without tanking and living to tell about it. If you don’t mind sharing either link your armory or tell us where you are.

lol… Im not shy, but i also nobody special… I kinda blend into the back ground :slight_smile:

I’ve just boosted my ilvl to 498 with the 1H and Shield from timeless Isle tokens. :slight_smile:

Edit for the link:

Hi everyone i’m new to the site and i could really do with some help ive been trying to get the hang of these macros for a few weeks now and i really don’t know if im doing it right or wrong. The macro below i cannot take any credit for because ive been using what you all have put together and it seems to be working fine however if anyone can look at it and notice any massive errors could you please let me know it would be a great help.

/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,Cleave
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Execute
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Devastate
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Thunder Clap, Intimidating Shout
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Battle Shout, Victory Rush
/castsequence reset=0.2 Shield Slam 
/cast [combat] Shield Wall
/cast [combat] Hamstring
/cast [combat] Disrupting Shout
/cast Charge
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

just new to this site but there are some great lazy macro’s here.
only 1 thing for the protect macro,get away the /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); line because it blocking seval basic wow message like quest tracking.
it took me a few hours and alot of addon delete to found out that line blocked the message inscreen of my quest progress

I can’t seem to get some of these skills to fire off. what Glyphs are you using? Does that matter?

Why have you combined some of the spells like Thunder Clap, Intimidating Shout/Battle Shout, Victory Rush? Some of these moves are rage wasters and spell killers. You trying to do TOO MUCH in one macro and its clogging up spells from firing off fast enough. (if at all)

I use this one for tanking mobs:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,0,cleave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,thunder clap /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,shockwave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,Shield barrier /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,Revenge /castsequence reset=0.8 0,impending victory /castsequence reset=0.8 heroic throw /cast [combat] Berserker Rage /cast [combat] battle shout /cast [combat] arcane torrent /cast [combat] lifeblood /cast [combat] spell reflection /cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout /cast [combat] bloodbath /cast [combat] Recklessness /cast [combat] skull banner /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack

Single Target:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,0,shield slam /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,thunder clap /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,shield barrier /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,devastate /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,shockwave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,spell reflection /castsequence reset=0.8 revenge /cast [combat] Berserker Rage /cast [combat] Battle shout /cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout /cast [combat] bloodbath /cast [combat] arcane torrent /cast [combat] lifeblood /cast [combat] skull banner /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack

@ David

What are your Talents/build for this? And what glyphs are you using.

Thank you: Testing now

[quote quote=13290]Why have you combined some of the spells like Thunder Clap, Intimidating Shout/Battle Shout, Victory Rush? Some of these moves are rage wasters and spell killers. You trying to do TOO MUCH in one macro and its clogging up spells from firing off fast enough. (if at all)

I use this one for tanking mobs:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,0,cleave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,thunder clap /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,shockwave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,Shield barrier /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,Revenge /castsequence reset=0.8 0,impending victory /castsequence reset=0.8 heroic throw /cast [combat] Berserker Rage /cast [combat] battle shout /cast [combat] arcane torrent /cast [combat] lifeblood /cast [combat] spell reflection /cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout /cast [combat] bloodbath /cast [combat] Recklessness /cast [combat] skull banner /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack
Single Target:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,0,shield slam /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,0,thunder clap /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,shield barrier /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,devastate /castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,shockwave /castsequence reset=0.8 0,spell reflection /castsequence reset=0.8 revenge /cast [combat] Berserker Rage /cast [combat] Battle shout /cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout /cast [combat] bloodbath /cast [combat] arcane torrent /cast [combat] lifeblood /cast [combat] skull banner /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack
[/quote]