Protection warrior 6.2 GS macros

I’ve gotten a lot of help from the macros posted here and at this point, I don’t think I could play this game without them. I have a lot of alts that I thoroughly enjoy with the help of macros found here. My main has always been my warrior tank, so I have a special affinity for it. As such, I tried to do a bunch of research and I have come up with some macros of my own I would like to share.

Most of my current information comes from Icy Veins. (Protection Warrior Tank Guide - Dragonflight 10.0.5 - World of Warcraft - Icy Veins). These were developed a few months ago and I’ve used them in all versions of WoD up to and including 6.2.

Talents: 1,1,1,3,2,3,3
Glyphs: Shield Slam, Unending Rage, Bull Rush

Single Target:

Sequences["ivST"] = {
	StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=30 Commanding Shout,null
    ]],
   '/cast Shield Barrier',
   '/cast Dragon Roar',
    '/cast Shield Slam',
    '/cast Revenge',
    '/cast Execute',
    '/cast Devastate',
    '/cast Demoralizing Shout',
    '/cast Berserker Rage',
    '/cast [combat] Enraged Regeneration',
    '/cast [combat] Shield Wall',
    '/cast [combat] Last Stand',
    '/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout',
    '/cast [combat] Spell Reflection',
    '/cast Shield Block',
    '/cast Shield Barrier',
    '/cast Victory Rush',
    '/cast Heroic Strike',
    PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    ]],
}

AoE

Sequences["ivAOE"] = {
	StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=30 Commanding Shout,null
    ]],
    '/cast Shield Barrier',
    '/cast Dragon Roar',
    '/cast Thunder Clap',
    '/cast Bladestorm',
    '/cast Shield Slam',
    '/cast Revenge',
    '/cast Execute',
    '/cast Devastate',
    '/cast Demoralizing Shout',
    '/cast Berserker Rage',
    '/cast [combat] Enraged Regeneration',
    '/cast [combat] Shield Wall',
    '/cast [combat] Last Stand',
    '/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout',
    '/cast [combat] Spell Reflection',
    '/cast Shield Block',
    '/cast Shield Barrier',
    '/cast Victory Rush',
    '/cast Heroic Strike',
    PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Shield Slam
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    ]],
}

I apologize for the tabbing and indentations. That is left over from my editor of choice and using tab in this editor yields different results.

If this is made for GnomeSequencer, then the tabs are fine. From what I can tell while hitting the dummies just to make sure the moves are firing off, that only half of your macro is actually being used (ivST). Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout, Berserker Rage, Shield Barrier, Spell Reflection, Shield Block, Commanding Shout, Last Stand, and Heroic Strike do not fire off. Enraged Regen fires off later which I could see as a good thing, so you don’t waste it. Deep Wounds and Blood Craze were activated as well. Victory Rush won’t fire off, but that is due to being at the dummies not due to the macro from what I know as of right now. You are always starving for Rage and on average with 658 ilvl and stats that support Prot spec, I’m only hitting about 7-11K with a crit of maybe 12-13K. On another macro I have I do hit on average around 12-15K and crit as high as 22K.

I really appreciate you testing it out. These were indeed made for Gnome Sequencer. I just tested again to see what can be going wrong.

From my setup, everything appears to be working, with the exception of Heroic Strike, though I think that is more caused by being rage starved than not firing off. Testing on raid dummies always has me rage starved as I am generating only a portion of my full rage potential, and I can almost never fire off Execute.

It is true some abilities, like Spell Reflection, won’t fire off until several iterations of the macro, but that is by design, as their importance is judged less…at least according to Icy Veins.

From my testing, I’ve gotten around the low 20Ks.

Maybe the difference has to do with hardware setup. I am using a Razer DeathAdder and I have macros set up for button 4 and 5, each with a .1 second delay between repeated presses of the button.

Again, I do appreciate you taking the time to try them out and I would certainly be willing to work with anyone to get them working for their benefit.

dont work at all =(

daniel all your 9 posts are “not working” so i started testing and i think you need to goto Gnome Sequencer for Idiots this gs and the gladiator works , maybe not what you want/dps but it works

I am using the above macro’s on my 93 Protection Warrior and finding that I’m rage starved 90% of the time. Should I remove one of the rage spenders? Will my rage generation get better as I level? My ilvl is only 582 but I’m working on it!

Thanks in Advance,

Bulldózer
Icecrown
Horde