Pure PWNAGE - Windwalker Monk - 5.4 (Finally Revealing this to the Community)

Thanks for the kind words. I wouldn’t do it without a delay ~ set the delay to 0.30 the same as the macro in game has in the macro ~ you set it to that and then test it ~ then try I creasing to 0.50 test that; increase to 0.65 text that; 0.75. However 0.75 is the highest I would set your mouse macro for.

Run the test twice and give yourself time between each test to ensure everything is off of cooldown.

The entire process should take about 20 minutes.

You definitely need a delay though by buddy or you will likely cause a lockup of you client and flood the server with too many requests, and at the very least lower your frame rate.

I have not tested it with the external mouse macro, but at least have it at 0.30.

Test it out and keep track of your DPs and let me know what’s up.

Nice macro man, I follow you from warrior forum and ive to say thanks for all the effort.

I just have 1 problem, touch of death doesnt fire off, I even did scholomance, hundreds of mobs I was able to use it but didnt fire ever in 5-6 runs of heroic , why is that ?

thanks

[quote quote=13314]Nice macro man, I follow you from warrior forum and ive to say thanks for all the effort.

I just have 1 problem, touch of death doesnt fire off, I even did scholomance, hundreds of mobs I was able to use it but didnt fire ever in 5-6 runs of heroic , why is that ?

thanks

[/quote]

2 Possible reasons. That isnt actually my most updated version; and the other reason would be that something has changed since creating it. I made that macro a long long time ago - over a year ago. However, back in the day, it was the only WW Monk macro that didn’t lock up and require jab to be bound to a separate key. I just never released it because I didn’t want to have to deal with insane WW monks in Arena after seeing my friend annihilating so many people. But to be really successful, you still need to use your defensives properly as well as that movement macro that I provided as well. That movement macro really makes things easier - not having to have 3 buttons.

Anyway, I am in Alpha (Warlords of Draenor) right now, but I will check it later.

[quote quote=13265]Try this change to the macro and see if it helps. I increased RSK’s priority and also added an additional modifier. I have to go to work now, but please test it out and if its still happening than play with the delay some more. Let me know.

/castsequence reset=15/combat/target Disable,null<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Tiger Palm<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Blackout Kick<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Jab, Jab<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Chi Wave<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Rising Sun Kick<br>
/cast !Rising Sun Kick<br>
/cast Expel Harm<br>
/cast Touch of Death<br>
/startattack<br>
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
[/quote]

The !Rising Sun kick is meaningless. ! is a toggle command, it used to be used when you had a stance for instance, that when you pressed the stance button you went into that stance, if you pressed it again you left that stance. The ! would keep you in the stance, instead of leaving it. it was used in stance dance macros, or aspect dance macros for hunters.

The reason why ToD is not firing off is because its behind 2 other abilities that are on the GCD. You can test this by just using those abilities in a simple

/cast x
/cast y
/cast z

x will fire , y might , but z wont if they are all on the same GCD. Its the issue Enhance Shaman have with burst macros, they have too many Cooldowns and more than one activate a GCD.

ToD is a terrible execute spell anyway. You cannot use it on a boss anyway, since if he has less HP then you, that means he will die in about tenth of second, adds maybe, if you are quick.

[quote quote=13260]must have worded it wrong not implying that you have to babysit the macro i was talking about using other things not included in the macro, for example leg sweep you have to release the macro or watch the GCD and try to catch it right before the macro casts the next action.

i am currently 537 pvp gear pride weapons and all pride main set with some off, rest is grevis. and the 100k was on the raid dummy so had some misses because of not being hit capped.

it is a lot easier having the mouse spamming it rather then finger massing the macro.
[/quote]

If its off the GCD it will fire when holding down autofire. Most interupts are off The GCD, so you can be have your razor firing all you want but if you use your interupt it will fire off no matter when else your are pressing. If you have something that you want to fire off that is on the GCD, you could try a /stopcast macro.

/stopcast
/cast legsweep

Brent is mostly correct. However, in my experience, ! is not useless - it will try to force the macro to utilize an ability, but you can only use it with 1 ability. Brent is correct, that it was more helpful in the past with say hunters and warriors. I just put it in front of Touch of Death and it started firing off. However, there is an additional issue - Touch of Death requires that you have 3 chi - so unless you have 3 chi - it will not fire off, and I am not going to gimp the macro just to get it to fire off immediately when available. The macro is using up your chi at a very fast rate. Just as Brent said - its a crappy execute. Its also very situational. There is really no honest reason for having it in a rotational macro.

Therefore, I took the ability out. I would suggest using it as a separate macro and macro jab in with it so that you have enough chi - maybe 2 jabs, followed by ToD. It shouldn’t be too difficult to keep track of since its on a 1.5 minute cooldown.

But like I said, I am in Alpha right now; so not really all that interested in playing live anymore. I only posted this macro as its towards the end of the xpac and I felt bad that I never released it. Also, my backup file for my macros are not on my laptop in Japan; rather, they are on my laptop in Las Vegas. I havent touched my monk in quite some time. Sorry buddy. I am going to start backing them up on pastebin.com, in addition to this website, in the future. Also, I assure you that starting in 6.0; my macros will be even more involved.

Finally, I changed the macro a TON. I believe that my updated one had Rising Sun Kick below Chi Wave - and I just verified that with my Monk the priorities are a bit different than my Warrior - I think this new one is far more close to what I was using a while back after I made changes to it. I just tested it out and Rising Sun Kick seems to be firing off right after or dang near close to it - after its off the GCD.

What’s more, I just realized Tiger Palm is not firing off and that is a definite must in order to increase armor penetration by 30%.

This new macro will work better, but after the initial tiger palm most of the time it fire off within 10 - 15 seconds, but in pve you need to watch it because you need it up 100% of the time. Also in PVE - you should just delete the Disable at the beginning of the macro.

Updated Rotation

/castsequence reset=15/combat/target Jab,Tiger Palm,Disable,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Jab, Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Chi Wave
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=15 Jab,Tiger Palm
/cast Expel Harm
/startattack

[quote quote=13264]over a 2 min span<br>
4 rising sun kicks<br>
26 tiger palms<br>
24 jabs<br>
24 chi wave<br>
0 expel harm[/quote]

I just tested it out - and I dont see why it was only firing off 4 rising sun kicks in 2 min. Anyway, just use this. I tested it out and it seems to be firing off immediately after the GCD. If there is a 1 sec delay its because the macro is waiting for you to build up chi, but that is to be expected. I noticed almost no delay. But the very second you have 2 chi - it will use RSK.

/castsequence reset=15/combat/target Disable,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Rising Sun Kick
/cast Expel Harm
/startattack

[quote quote=13264]over a 2 min span<br>
4 rising sun kicks<br>
26 tiger palms<br>
24 jabs<br>
24 chi wave<br>
0 expel harm[/quote]

Guys yah I really apologize for all the changes, but like I said, this is old and stuff has changed a bit since then, as well as I didnt properly test it like I normally do as you are all aware; before posting it. I realized it wasnt my most up to date version.

Here is the final version. I could tweak it some more, but Ill let you guys - this one is pretty faceroll though.

HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION - Feel Free to Tweak some more, but I am not making anymore changes - however at least it will use Rising Sun Kick (Priority) and Tiger Palm, which is a necessity - its pretty darn faceroll - so enjoy!.. - Im playing Alpha for now on - sorry lol.

/cast Expel Harm
/startattack

I even tested this out on my birthday for you guys - cause I am so nice; haha. Later - and have fun fellas :wink:

Hey buddy - yah check out this final version. Enjoy!..

#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!Fists of Fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Jab,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Blackout Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=15 Tiger Palm,Jab
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Try this one out, tweak if needed. Its a combo of macros I found here and works pretty well for me, i have Tigereye Brew on separate key for 10 stack proc.

Well just test mine out and that one - and post your damage. I honestly dont see that one doing as much damage and surely you woudnt want to have Fists of Fury macroed. It might do a little more if you were standing still, but that is useless in pvp; and considering that it has the same null line as mine with disable, it clearly is meant for pvp.

Whats more, you wouldnt want to have Rising Sun Kick where it is. Try mine out and compare - without using that Fists of Fury in that one. Just delete that out, because its a waste to have it - you are very likely to clip it; i.e. waste it in pvp or any pve fight with a lot of movement.

Finally, those ! marks as they are being used - are completely useless. But hey, if taking out Fists of Fury, it magically does more damage then sure; use it. Sometimes, you will receive surprising results - like with my DK - it took a ton of manipulation, but there are some things that are very obvious - and taking out fists of fury is one of those.

Anyway buddy, all I am saying is it better to test them - and wait for cds before each test - and post the dps results.

It wasnt meant for pvp, I dont play Monk a lot and didnt pay attention to disable, like I said I put it together from others posts. My Monk is only 521 IL, leaving FoF in on mine I did 105k on the Training Dummy and 80k with yours. Having the nonchanneling command in doesnt clip the FoF unless you move and taking out the FoF got me 80k as well. Just throwing it out for PVE options.

[quote quote=13325]/castsequence reset=15/combat/target Jab,Tiger Palm,Disable,null
/cast Expel Harm
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()[/quote]

Works great , would it be worth putting Chi Brew in here? help keeps resources and build tigereye brew stacks every chance you can.

Hey Anthony;

Glad to hear. You could add another line below energizing brew and see what happens. As long as its not reducing your dps. I totally forgot what Chi Brew even does. I havent played my monk in over 1 year.

/use [combat]Chi Brew

So adding energizing brew or chi brew in fucks up the macro it seems to make it spam tiger palm

ill give these a test tomorrow and post some meters on 573i monk

How do you go Luke?

Which macro is worth using?

so i tried out the macro in the main post. Its a good macro, didnt lock up i think its fairly similar to what im using currently anyway, but there was a gain of about 2k DPS using the macro on the front page (which could be situational crits trinkets ect)

Over a 2 minute test i was able to hold myself steady at around 290k DPS. Someone also challenged me to a duel shortly after, and before i had switched to my normal macro which i won. Do with that information what you will :stuck_out_tongue:

So cudo’s to OP the macro is good, the issue i noticed was over my time testing ToD and expel harm didnt fire at all, the health on the dummy i used was at 1/5 so ToD should have functioned, my guess with expel harm is no damage taken = no damage done, i dont take alot of damage in raids either it might be wasted lines to keep them in.

For anyone interested to compare it i used this macro

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]13
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

My monk

Luke,

I like your macro but I have a few questions as I’m new to this.

1. What is

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");

doing?

I simply use :

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
  1. I understand the purpose of

!fists of fury

However, what is the purpose of

!Rising sun kick

1. Lastly, your last cast sequence line is rather long compared to the others. Is that to make sure that you cast all those actions before moving on?