Razer Naga or AHK?

So its been a while since I played and would like to get back into the swing of things again and would like to know which is better to use.

I have a Razer Naga but I was wondering if AHK would be better to use. I used my naga in the past but I just had it spam 1 button for single target and then another for aoe. Never seemed to be the most efficient it also is hard to use the ctrl, shft, alt keys it seemed but this might be user error.

I never used AHK and I am not great at coding, I chose that as my degree at first and after the 2nd term had to drop and change my major. lol. Coding is just not for me. But if its the better choice I would like to do what I can to make it work.

I also been looking through the files and posts and saw one thing that was interesting that wasnt around when I was messing around with GSE last time which was the pause feature for things that have multiple charges. I am a prot paladin most of the time and hate using my shield of the righteous early all the time is there a way to add that feature to make sure that it waits 7 seconds in between each use? The example seemed to suggest that it paused the whole macro instead of just that line which wouldnt work of course.

And any information that you think would be helpful to help out a returning person would be great. Thanks for your time.

I personally use a Naga and I have no issues whatsoever with the alt modifiers.
Fire it up, press ALT/SHIFT/CTRL as needed.

I also run a raxer with no issues