Repair GSE for Shadowlands Beta

@maarc please understand I really do appreciate the effort, what can help is to identify and report the problems in the alpha builds.

I just don’t want you to spend your valuable time working around a problem that was fixed two weeks ago rather than finding new problems or writing new macros and enjoying the new beta.

1 Like

What version 10 are you referring to? 2.6.01-alpha10-shadowlands or 2.5.10?

wink wink shadowlands one wink

You want 2.6.01-alpha13-shadowlands now
Also there will be a 14 later this weekend.

4 Likes

Thank you! I won’t be back online until Sunday evening. I’ll look for the 14. Cheers!

Wtf is a 2.6 at not seeing it on that list

You may need to hit the View All button and the current version is 2.6.01-alpha17-shadowlands

Does this version work with PTR?

It’s the only version that does

Thanks. It’s working and I discovered that it was not working because apparently the file installed was not for SL. I had to manually download the file instead of selecting install.

This version from the curse installer works

2.6.01-beta2 shadowlands is not working for me. Went back to alpha 10 that only one is actually working. because recent 2.6, put macro in, save, reload ui, got lua errors, and macro gone. just disappeared. Even logged out then back in, no macro, nothing. just lua error and gse would not save macro after put macro in.

Unfortunately you are on a dead branch. There were a number of changes that make things > alpha10 not compatible with alpha10. To move forward you need to delete your GSE.lua file From the WTF directory. You could try to export your macros but it is unlikely that they will be able to be imported into the new version.

Just to clarify - the faults in alpha10 are the things stopping the upgrade to beta2. There was no way to code around the issue - the bug was fixed in later versions.

2 Likes